Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 02-11-2010, 01:13
Freed from the century

Those comments from James and Nicky about not letting him back in the band, not being friends etc. I think were just rhetorical grandstanding to try and distance themselves from the Bible, 1994, prostitutes, self-harming etc. etc. and make a point that they're not that band anymore. Just my take on them.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:08
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by leericketts View Post
if you take the obvious emotion out of it that all Manics fans have, to varying degrees, the story of Richey is one of the few great mythical tales not really to have been told (or if you will "exploited") in the mainstream.

going on how long it took them to come up with things based directly on Ian Curtis and then the flood of them, i wouldn't be surprised to see Richey the subject of a biopic or documentary film sooner rather than later.
Absolutely - Richey has a story and where there's a story there's a film. Especially if there's already a book (or three). I think it's almost inevitable there'll be a film and the only reason to suspect it might be crap is that no-one actually knows what happened in his case; other than that it could just as easily be as good as Control, Love is the Devil, The Aviator, Larry Flint, Wilde, Pollock, Iris, A Beautiful Mind, Frida, Sylvia, Milk, Jesse James - there have been loads of biopics that have been good or at least passable to a general audience.

Or it could be as shit as Last Days.