Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 18-04-2023, 16:48
Bored of being bored

... mad dash ensures from die hard fans fearing this could be the only chance to see the band live this year before a full tour is announced on Tuesday!
Old 18-04-2023, 16:54
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA ex View Post
... mad dash ensures from die hard fans fearing this could be the only chance to see the band live this year before a full tour is announced on Tuesday!
Next Tuesday? Or just an example day? Keeping my powder dry as they say.
Keeping that voice in my head bouncing around my skull going "They could announce new album details too!".
Sterling detective work working out the so far blank week of possibility before Glastonbury.
It just doesn't seem right not having Manics news!
Old 19-04-2023, 15:28
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
Next Tuesday? Or just an example day? Keeping my powder dry as they say.
Keeping that voice in my head bouncing around my skull going "They could announce new album details too!".
Sterling detective work working out the so far blank week of possibility before Glastonbury.
It just doesn't seem right not having Manics news!
No inside info, just being obtuse! Although I think something vaguely similar happened after they announced the Halifax Piece Hall gig as a one off then added similar events soon after.
Old 19-04-2023, 17:09
Builder of routine

Quote:
No inside info, just being obtuse! Although I think something vaguely similar happened after they announced the Halifax Piece Hall gig as a one off then added similar events soon after.
My nonexistent money is on a big announcement in May. May Day would be quite symbolic.
Some time in May. More dates, album details. I don't know. But I'm thinking May.
Rain over the next few days. So enjoying the shine of the calm. Before the Manics storm!
Anyone got any advance on May announcements?
Place your posting bets!
Old 19-04-2023, 18:58
Bored of being bored

Quote:
My nonexistent money is on a big announcement in May. May Day would be quite symbolic.
Some time in May. More dates, album details. I don't know. But I'm thinking May.
Rain over the next few days. So enjoying the shine of the calm. Before the Manics storm!
Anyone got any advance on May announcements?
Place your posting bets!
I'll go for a Coronation day announcement of the new album called "Repeat After Me"
Old 19-04-2023, 19:25
Builder of routine

Quote:
I'll go for a Coronation day announcement of the new album called "Repeat After Me"
In the next town there's a mural of the Queen. In broad daylight yesterday a man ran up to it and threw a water balloon filled with brown paint over her face.
The old me would have been "Yes!". But now I'm thinking "Well... Some people liked to look at it". I thought it was well painted those times I went by it on a bus.
King Charles though? Even more indifferent to him! I regret Cameron/Clegg/Miliband bottled out of a Monarchy referendum. Of all the referendums we could have wanted more than AV or the EU!
It'll be very interesting to see what the Manics sing about in the "reign" of King Charles the whatever. I've no intention of watching the coronation. I think boredom will kill off the monarchy more than an uprising.
Hope for at least one more political song! Anything else just gravy.
Old 20-04-2023, 09:37
I am purity, they call me perverted

I wish they did something with the same production as Even In Exile. Sounds so good its silly.
Old 20-04-2023, 10:21
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Or Charles Windsor!

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 21-04-2023, 10:17

Have to say I'm tempted...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/166044296...mis&media=COPY

Old 21-04-2023, 11:05
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
I'd just be disturbed as fuck having cardboard anything (I've just got boxes of cardboard) staring at me in the corner of my eye.
You didn't want to know that because it goes without saying department #34345:
I definitely couldn't wank or change clothes with it's cardboard stare. It's not alive. I'm more disturbed by previously unconsidered cardboard cutout market.
If you want one great. But it would just be more cardboard clogging up an environment that's holding off the dead and landfill.
Funny though. I did laugh at seeing who was on the cardboard. Then realised that just wasn't the sort of thing I'd get.
It's the 3D printed versions of James we can't get that we should be most thankful for
Old 21-04-2023, 11:10
Builder of routine

More pleasant post. Listening to Even In Exile.
It still sounds great. And now a yearish into TUVL you can hear the difference of stuff with and without Nicky and Sean's input. Even In Exile isn't stripped back. Still reaches the peaks of sound we get from the Manics. But it doesn't have the constant drive.
From The Hands Of Violeta sounds close to mid-track list TUVL.
Old 21-04-2023, 11:12

Quote:
I'd just be disturbed as fuck having cardboard anything (I've just got boxes of cardboard) staring at me in the corner of my eye.
I definitely couldn't wank or change clothes with it's cardboard stare. It's not alive. I'm more disturbed by previously unconsidered cardboard cutout market.
If you want one great. But it would just be more cardboard clogging up an environment that's holding off the dead and landfill.
Funny though. I did laugh at seeing who was on the cardboard. Then realised that just wasn't the sort of thing I'd get.
It's the 3D printed versions of James we can't get that we should be most thankful for
I love this Phobia! - James Dean Bradfield

Old 21-04-2023, 15:27
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
I'm glad the seller decided to give a discount if you buy four of them!
Old 22-04-2023, 07:32
I live to fall asleep

Location: I live in Seoul (S. Korea), but I'm from Umag (Croatia)
Quote:
Honestly, cardboards aren't my thing either. Maaaaybe an obvious cartoon/game character, or a mascotte would do, but I prefer action figures, plushes and toys all the way.
And, speaking of it, I always say it and I'll say it again - give us Manics NENDOROIDS! ♡ (Or a semi-realistic anime style with natural proportions and the overall size of up to 30 cm would be nice too, even better if they have moving joints, accessories and options. Yes, I know I'm asking for much and I'm not shy about it ♡ )
Old 22-04-2023, 16:30
Builder of routine

Well Happy Record Store Day.
Nothing this year, which can only mean putting finishing touches to...