Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 20-09-2023, 16:09
I am purity, they call me perverted

The whole things odd. The claim that there's still some big scandal to come out but it's "not my story to tell." Well who's story is it then? Presumably not Rachel's because this book would have been the perfect opportunity for her to tell it, and now we know there was no legal action there's no credence to any claims that she's been silenced.

And if its Jo's story then she clearly doesn't want to tell it. She chose not to be interviewed for the book, and all of her supposed insights are actually just second hand recollections of things she may (or may not) have said to Rachel 20 odd years ago. I would imagine she's been offered plenty of money over the years for a "My Secret Life With Tragic Richey" type story, but admirably she's never done it. Presumably she just wants to get on with her life.
Old 22-09-2023, 04:37
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tish View Post
Did pocketcat ever publish their critique? When this statement suddenly appeared out of nowhere yesterday I wondered what on earth it was in response to.
I was about a week away from publishing it when SHR posted this retrospective. I thought I'd be publishing it much sooner but I kept finding more and more problems within the book. I'm now going back through my piece and responding to the retrospective where pertinent. It'll all be posted on my Wordpress here: https://jesuisgourde.wordpress.com/

It'll probably be posted up in several parts, but I'll be posting it all at once; I'm not interested in making people wait for it all to go up. Based on the kinds of edits I have left to make and the few thoughts I now want to elaborate on, ETA is probably beginning of October.

(For transparency's sake, this is not my FDF account; I'm using a friend's account since new forum account registration is closed. If you're on twitter you may have seen my posts about this project, as I'm @jesuisgourde on there as well.)

Last edited by pocketcat; 22-09-2023 at 06:54.
Old 22-09-2023, 17:13
I am purity, they call me perverted

Brilliant - I'll look out for it.
Old 22-09-2023, 23:36
Born to end

Actually, if anyone is interested, I found the (first) Amazon review that SHR quotes in the retrospective. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer...SIN=0753545349

She cut out the part where the reviewer talks about the shitty THB interpretations. I thought that was interesting because the review was posted in April of this year but reviewer mentions that they've seen that the authors say they think it's bad and would cut it completely if given a second chance. In all the research I've done for this writeup, I haven't seen any statements like that from either of them. SHR's twitter and insta are both private, so maybe something was said on there, or maybe I missed something somewhere. If anyone has any idea where that sentiment might have shown up prior to this retrospective, let me know!

The other Amazon review she quotes is here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer...SIN=0753545349

Last edited by pocketcat; 22-09-2023 at 23:51.