Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 08-03-2010, 20:09
Bored out of my mind

James' 'Spirit Of Wales' Patronage

There is a vid up of James on the Spirit Of Wales website talking about rugby player Martyn Williams. Thought if any other interesting bits to do with JDB and Martyn Williams' Testimonial Year come up they can be posted in this thread. Hope that is ok anyways!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 08-03-2010, 20:32
Doors slowly closing

Direct video link.

http://www.spiritofwales.com/Patrons...Bradfield.html
Old 08-03-2010, 20:47
Stretched out in the sun

Nice clip, but I'm still no closer to understanding union. I'm from Hull, gotta be league.
Old 08-03-2010, 20:53
Doors slowly closing

I had a massive problem with Rugby, i was trying out for Gloucester u19s in 2005 at boarding school, i had just had my braces out, and the insurance was one week away from being signed and sealed (health plans, boarding school insurance etc...) - even with gum shields on etc... still managed to smash and fuck up my teeth, so a big no no to me getting insured again lol.
Old 08-03-2010, 21:05
Footprint of history

I could never understand Rugby, although in the Midlands it was more of a Grammmar school sport when I was young, the Rugby clubs round this way are a bit like the Masons, a bit posh and elite
Old 08-03-2010, 21:08
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlesue View Post
I could never understand Rugby, although in the Midlands it was more of a Grammmar school sport when I was young, the Rugby clubs round this way are a bit like the Masons, a bit posh and elite
Ah, Rugby League's all sons of ex-miners.
Old 08-03-2010, 21:28
Bored out of my mind

Thanks for posting the link Dext! Not been able to watch the clip cos laptop has a pop-up block on it and won't let me! Gah!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 08-03-2010, 21:35
Under neon loneliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlesue View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Maconie
If these conceptions of my home town are wrong then, what is Wigan truly famous for? Rugby for one. Even though our utter, unquestioned dominance in the sport has ended, all Wiganers secretly believe that we are really just indulgently letting the other teams win for a while in order to make it more interesting. When I say rugby of course I mean rugby league, not the other sort wherein wheezing off-duty policeman, solicitors and dentists bite each other's noses off, watched by retired headmasters in driving gloves. A friend of mine once said, perceptively, that rugby union has but one saving grace, namely that it's always nice to see coppers getting knocked about a bit on their day off.
The only thing I know about Rugby is that it comes in two flavours. One flavour is traditionally working class, the other is traditionally upper / middle class. One lot has a bigger team than the other lot, but they all have oddly shaped balls. I tread carefully whenever the subject comes up.
Old 08-03-2010, 21:53
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
Thanks for posting the link Dext! Not been able to watch the clip cos laptop has a pop-up block on it and won't let me! Gah!
It is just James IN THAT FUCKING BLACK V NECK SHORT SLEEVE TOP WITH SUBTLE WHITE STRIPES, WHICH HE HAS NEVER EVER WAHED in a small room talking about MArtyn Williams.
Old 08-03-2010, 21:58
Bored out of my mind

James LOVES that shirt! lol! I'm a ruggers fan! Must watch it!