Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 04-06-2009, 20:21
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by still_unfashionable View Post
Nope, I´m not him. I never said he was right to assault you, did I? Personally, I´m happy to be in the 3rd row or whatever, but I can understand where he was coming from as the same people seem to invade the barrier every night.
But these 'same people' spend hundreds of pounds on travelling around to see the band. They sit outside venues all night and day. They're lovely, friendly people who deserve to always be at the front for what they go through. If that bloke who thinks it's ok to assault them doesn't like it, the answer is simple. Join the queue a lot earlier in the day. There was a Saturday date this tour, so unless he works weekends, he could have queued up all day.
Old 04-06-2009, 20:21
Bored out of my mind

I had hoped to get on the barrier this time but I don't mind people who are shorter than me being in front. As long as there aren't too many 6 footers right at the front!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 04-06-2009, 20:24
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalthea View Post
But these 'same people' spend hundreds of pounds on travelling around to see the band. They sit outside venues all night and day. They're lovely, friendly people who deserve to always be at the front for what they go through. If that bloke who thinks it's ok to assault them doesn't like it, the answer is simple. Join the queue a lot earlier in the day. There was a Saturday date this tour, so unless he works weekends, he could have queued up all day.
agreed
Old 04-06-2009, 20:28
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
I can understand where he was coming from as the same people seem to invade the barrier every night.
Your choice of words isn't that great. We queue all day and then go to the front. The people who 'invade' the barrier turn up at doors, push their way to the front, get lairy and hurt the people in front of them because they have an inflated sense of their own importance and/or can't hold their drink.

It's good that you understand where he was coming from. It did occur to me sometime between being hit, spat at and screamed at that he may have had a point.
Old 04-06-2009, 20:29
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
I can understand where he was coming from as the same people seem to invade the barrier every night.
You'll find that it's the same for most bands. If he had a problem, he should have voiced it to us personally rather than chucking pints down my back, spitting all over my clothes and hair, pulling my hair, punching me, elbowing me and sticking his camera in front of my face every 20 seconds.
Old 04-06-2009, 20:30
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intravenous_Agnostic View Post
You'll find that it's the same for most bands. If he had a problem, he should have voiced it to us personally rather than chucking pints down my back, spitting all over my clothes and hair, pulling my hair, punching me, elbowing me and sticking his camera in front of my face every 20 seconds.
That's fucked. Didn't the security do anything to help?
Old 04-06-2009, 20:46
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalthea View Post
Yeah, I know what they do. How about queuing up all day to show their dedication and then standing at the back just for once, giving others a chance?
Old 04-06-2009, 20:49
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Yeah, I know what they do. How about queuing up all day to show their dedication and then standing at the back just for once, giving others a chance?
Yeah, cos that would really be even greater fun!
Old 04-06-2009, 20:50
Winterlover

Quote:
uh, what would the point in that be?
Old 04-06-2009, 20:51
Bored out of my mind

I got on the second row and joined the end queue as soon as the doors opened more or less. Might have made it right to the barrier if I hadn't had to pop to the loo!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 04-06-2009, 20:51
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Er, right. How about they pay for other punter's tickets too?

Other people have got a chance. They can get there earlier. I get one day a year off in term time. I used that day to travel 3 hours to get to Wolves mid-afternoon so I could get to the barrier. I could have saved my day off, and got there at 7pm. Oi, girls, budge over, give us a chance. Why should they?
Old 04-06-2009, 20:54
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
Are you the German lady that me and Helen spoke to? (Sorry, didn't get a name!) Also sorry if you're the wrong person as I don't think she had joined the forum but was considering it. Nice to chat to different fans anyway!
Yes, it was me. The other two at the barrier weren't on FD.
Old 04-06-2009, 20:56
Bored out of my mind

No one has any right to try and barge someone out of their place. Go and try and find somewhere else to stand. Me and this other girl got pestered at Birmingham 2007 but I thought 'No way am I giving up my spot for you mate, and you're not nicking her place either!'
Old 04-06-2009, 20:56
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intravenous_Agnostic View Post

Grrrr....that's making me so angry! How horrible.

Glad I never encountered any turds on this tour...met quite a few on the SATTs tours but not this tour.
Old 04-06-2009, 20:58
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley_Girl View Post
Yes, it was me. The other two at the barrier weren't on FD.
Hiya! You're back home now then? I think I remember you saying you were going to the Brighton gig as well, how did that one go for you?