Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 20-08-2010, 17:44
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lament View Post
They say a lot of things though. Very few of them actually come true.
I know, I'm in denial about this
Old 20-08-2010, 18:06

If I ever won the lottery here and really hit it big (winning $20 or $30 million), I would throw a huge party and hire the Manics to come and play, and you would all be invited to come.

"There's still loads of anger and hate: that's what keeps us alive. When I go out there, it's always with clenched teeth." Sean Moore

Majestic Theater, Detroit 2009 * The Sinclair, Cambridge MA, 2015 * Cardiff Castle 2015, Massey Hall 2022
Old 20-08-2010, 19:39
Freed from the century

JFPL was released here in Sept. 09 so approx. 4 months after the UK release. The North American tour stared here like a week after that. The only reason I would be surprised, but not shocked if they played here again is that they toured for an album with no singles, and it's not like JFPL was going to pick up any new fans. I don't think anyone bought it who didn't already own The Holy Bible. Soooo....if they really are going for "mass communication" we shall see. I think the new album judging by It's Not War... has way more universal appeal. I think one or two of the NYC stations might pick it up. Plus I bother one of the DJ's on said station all the time to play them

AND...most of all James told me he'd see me in 2011; he wouldn't lie to me....

If it does happen I think January release, and March-ish tour.

“"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
Old 20-08-2010, 20:51
Bored out of my mind

I hope James keeps that promise for you!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 20-08-2010, 21:45

If they do come to the U.S. (knock on wood), but skip the entire Southern half like they did last time, I will lose my mind. I'm not delusional enough to think they would come to New Orleans, but Houston or Atlanta would be nice. I could at least drive to one of those shows. I'm not 20 anymore, I can't just jump on a plane and fly across country. I've got a husband and a four-year-old.

..and now that I've got myself depressed about tour dates I'm going to go sulk.
Old 20-08-2010, 21:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldAgainstTheSoul View Post
this is very true. they obviously do want to come back but I personally wouldn't be too surprised if it didn't happen. that is, unless they want to fund a tour themselves again.
This. They obviously speak a lot of the time both directly from their hearts and thinking only of the moment they're in. I have no doubt that when they were here, they absolutely wanted to come back, and told everybody accordingly. There's probably still a huge part of them they does want to come back here. That being said, removed from the emotions of the situation and being affected by whatever current climate they're in, spending that much money to come back here for a few weeks isn't going to strike them to same way.

In a lot of ways, JFPL WAS the perfect time to come here, because it was an album with low commercial expectations, and therefore the urgency/pressure to drag it around the UK and Europe and shove it in people's faces wasn't there. They were able to come to the US before the grind of touring had worn them down (the opposite of the Truth tour, when they ended up here only after being as busy as they'd ever been for the previous twelve months with touring/promotional duties). If the PFAYM strategy is going to be like that, I would imagine the label will be determined to squeeze every last cent out of the UK and Europe. If that happens, the chances that after nine-twelve months of a massive push, the guys (their age and family obligations considered), are going to be eager to shell out the money to come here for a few weeks and play to a few hundred fans a night.

(All of the above being said, I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and I'll be as excited as anyone else on this board should it actually happen...)
Old 20-08-2010, 21:51
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Snow White View Post
I've got a husband and a four-year-old.
Sounds like you have childcare covered - just do it.

Surely your husband can at least cook beans on toast?

I apologise if he is a paraplegic.
Old 20-08-2010, 22:21

Like he'd let me go without him! Awww, there's a better chance of James knocking on my front door in the next five minutes than my husband letting me go see the Manics alone.
Old 21-08-2010, 02:00
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMANIC View Post
If I ever won the lottery here and really hit it big (winning $20 or $30 million), I would throw a huge party and hire the Manics to come and play, and you would all be invited to come.
I'm not leaving beautiful Pittsburgh for Cleveland (aka "the mistake by the lake")!! Well, maybe I would for the Manics.

"Doubts are crueler than the worst of truths"

Toronto, Canada - September 11, 1999 / London, England - April 18, 2005 / London, England - April 19, 2005 / Toronto, Canada - October 4, 2009 / Philadelphia, PA, USA - October 6, 2009
Old 21-08-2010, 02:15
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Probably 2011 if they do, the US tour for JFPL wasn't announced until later, plus a US release for the album was also put off a bit too, it's probably totally dependent on how well PFAYM does.
Old 21-08-2010, 06:09
Desire on its knees

All Sony really ever had/has to do is get one of their songs on a popular tv show over here and bam. It's kind of sad but it's how bands get fans quick nowadays. Some exposure like that could definitely spark interest for a small tour on Sony's part.
Old 23-09-2010, 17:36

As the old saying goes, "never say never!" Looks like they may be back here!

This comes from Part 2 of Sean's interview w/ BBC America, for those who haven't read it yet....

"More to come in the final installment of my interview with Sean Moore, including his musical influences and inspirations, which up-and-coming British bands he wants you to know about, and the Manics' plans to tour the States early next year."

http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/23...jsp?bc_id=1825

"There's still loads of anger and hate: that's what keeps us alive. When I go out there, it's always with clenched teeth." Sean Moore

Majestic Theater, Detroit 2009 * The Sinclair, Cambridge MA, 2015 * Cardiff Castle 2015, Massey Hall 2022
Old 23-09-2010, 17:40
Stretched out in the sun

I hope so. I may *finally* get to see them live.
Old 23-09-2010, 18:19

Oh please please please please please please please please please please please please PLEASE!!! Don't make me beg, James!

(Writing "please" that many times in a row makes the word look really weird.)
Old 23-09-2010, 18:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by richeysite View Post
I'm not leaving beautiful Pittsburgh for Cleveland (aka "the mistake by the lake")!! Well, maybe I would for the Manics.
We all must make sacrifices - last year, I had to drive to Detroit to see them. But at least it wasn't Pittsburgh (How did they build a city where every single street goes UPHILL???)