1) Futurology's undoubtedly got a different sound to previous albums. Was it deliberate, or as a consequence of the Euro-centred lyrics?
Yes, started buying 70s/80s electronica off eBay to get an authentic analogue feel.
2) Whose is that wonderful voice on the Last Time I Saw Paris? How did she come to sing it?
That's a secret sorry
3) The credits read very differently to other albums, even Rewind The Film. Where are you playing guitar?
Because of the nature of the album and recording processes it would be too much to credit every little nuance so I'll keep you guessing
4) Which Futurology track are you most proud of and why?
View From Stow Hill/Dreaming A City/Let's Go To War - A lot of sweat and tears
5) What do you use for the programmed drums?
None of it is programmed, all played off pads with a few edits on Protools HD
6) Any interesting stories from recording Futurology?
7) How was the Rough Trade gig?
Hot and sweaty
8) What are you driving these days?
Toyota Verso People Carrier
9) Pretty much the entire Manics fandom expects to see you on Top Gear at some point. Would you go on if you were asked?
I think I've got the speed thing out of my system now so probably not, nothing to prove anymore