Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 29-08-2010, 10:11
I live to fall asleep

One last shot at mass communication: only if you live in the UK

If you live outside the UK you can't even watch the official video of the single on youtube (f*ck Sony!)

No mentions of the new album or single on any radio or magazine, here in Belgium.

I wonder if this 'mass communication' thing is noticed in other countries? They had mass communication, here in Europe, during KYE and TIMTTMY- but this is really very painful ...

2001 Axion Beach Rock - Zeebrugge, BEL
2002 AB - Brussels, BEL
2003 Midtfyns Festival - Ringe, Denmark
2004 IOW Festival - Isle Of Wight, UK+ Brighton Centre - Brighton, UK
2004 Wembley Arena - London, UK
2006 Haldern Pop - Haldern, Germany
2007 Rocknacht - Köln, Germany + Hexagon - Reading, UK + Brighton Centre - Brighton, UK
2008 Pukkelpop Festival - Kiewit, BEL
2009 Roundhouse - London, UK + Lokerse Feesten - Lokeren, BEL
2011 Corn Exchange, Cambridge, UK + Cardiff International Arena - Cardiff, Wales + Pinkpop, Landgraaf, Holland + O2 Arena - London, UK
2012 Trix - Antwerp, BEL
2013 Crammerock - BEL
2014 Brixton Academy - London, UK + AB - Brussels, BEL
2016 AB - Brussels, BEL+ Royal Albert Hall - London, UK
Old 29-08-2010, 10:15
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiZi View Post
If you live outside the UK you can't even watch the official video of the single on youtube (f*ck Sony!)

No mentions of the new album or single on any radio or magazine, here in Belgium.

I wonder if this 'mass communication' thing is noticed in other countries? They had mass communication, here in Europe, during KYE and TIMTTMY- but this is really very painful ...
No mass communication has reached Switzerland either. But I didn't really expect anything. We're used to it...
Old 29-08-2010, 10:29
I am purity, they call me perverted

I work in a record-store in Denmark. So far, there have been no communication about the new album/single/video/anything from the label. At all. Usually we get quite a lot of info on everything that's coming out in the near future, Manics-stuff too. But no mention of it as of yet.
Old 29-08-2010, 10:29
Builder of routine

JTEOL is still in the indie charts here (it depends on radio plays, no singles are sold here), in top 20, and several times it reached #1 in Eska Rock, the one I asked you to vote for. but there are no interviews or promotion, which is sad. I suppose the album will be sold here as we had 3 versions of JFPL. I think Sony simply thinks there's no market in Europe for the Manics, but it's untrue as most of the journalists and music regard the band as a very interesting and the one that makes good music, you know, that keeps the right level. and some promotion would be great because now, I see no interviews, covers etc.
Old 29-08-2010, 10:37
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennus View Post
I work in a record-store in Denmark. So far, there have been no communication about the new album/single/video/anything from the label. At all. Usually we get quite a lot of info on everything that's coming out in the near future, Manics-stuff too. But no mention of it as of yet.
Every Manics single was played here, in Belgium. Even Jackie Collins got radio airing! Nixon was played to death, back in the dark Lifeblooddays. YLAINE was in the charts, and a radiohit. But I just don't get this: a catchy tune like (It's not War) Just The End Of Love not even played once until now. They don't seem to send promoCD's anymore to the Belgian radio ...

2002 AB - Brussels, BEL
2007 Rocknacht - Köln, Germany + Hexagon - Reading, UK + Brighton Centre - Brighton, UK
2011 Corn Exchange, Cambridge, UK + Cardiff International Arena - Cardiff, Wales + Pinkpop, Landgraaf, Holland + O2 Arena - London, UK
2012 Trix - Antwerp, BEL
2013 Crammerock - BEL
Old 29-08-2010, 11:08
Bored of being bored

I'm sorry you guys aren't feeling the Manics love but to be honest if you havent seen the new video yet you're not missing much - the band are only in it for five seconds and it's painfully dull and pointless.
Also even in the UK - their HOME COUNTRY - we've gotten little promo compared to other albums, and a lot of it is thru middle-aged oldie media like GMTV and The Times. wtf are they playing at?!

*sparkle and believe*
Old 29-08-2010, 11:08
I live to fall asleep

I didn't know there was any mass communication here in the UK really
Old 29-08-2010, 11:17
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
I'm sorry you guys aren't feeling the Manics love but to be honest if you havent seen the new video yet you're not missing much - the band are only in it for five seconds and it's painfully dull and pointless.
Also even in the UK - their HOME COUNTRY - we've gotten little promo compared to other albums, and a lot of it is thru middle-aged oldie media like GMTV and The Times. wtf are they playing at?!
I've seen the new video on their website, but we can't even embed the vid on our facebookprofile ...

Lets hope they'll do some more 'quality' promo in the next few weeks, with single release coming closer and closer.

2002 AB - Brussels, BEL
2012 Trix - Antwerp, BEL
2013 Crammerock - BEL
Old 29-08-2010, 11:25
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Maybe the sun will shine for you in 2011? If this record is going to be as big as they think it'll be the tour for it will be at least two years as opposed to the short JFPL tour?
Just relax... everything's beautiful etc...
Old 29-08-2010, 13:15
An imitation of dignity

Here in Mexico also I haven't heard the new single once. True, not a big market for the Manics but in recent times Jackie Collins, Autumnsong and Your Love Alone all got a fair bit of airplay. I remember JCEQT was played here just 2 days after its debut in UK Radio.....
Old 29-08-2010, 13:22
Doors slowly closing

There's no mass communication, just like there was no Holy Bible for 34 year olds or GNR playing The White Album.

There's no raging against the dying of the light either.
Old 29-08-2010, 13:28
Doors slowly closing

i don't really hold the band responsible, the bullshit attitude most labels have to the internet and a global market from it is the problem.

where i'm sat i also can't see the "official" video stream, yet i can obtain it dubiously across the net.

i had a similar rant in another post - Apple will sell all their products here, but prevent you from buying from iTunes. same with all other "download" stores. they cry like fuck that people are downloading "illegally", then just increase the problem by not allowing the stuff to be sold in certain countries. the argument that it is "rights" and all that is total toss; how come, then, i can order & have delivered the CD & 7" here?

i am quite happy to wait for my copy of PFAYM to turn up in the post, but those silly fuckers as Sony, as well as the band, could have had double income from me as i would have been inclined to buy a download on day of release too.

this would be why i tend to switch off when i hear "the industry" crying about imagined, made up losses from piracy because more often than not it's the same silly cunts who are preventing sales being made available worldwide who have the tears.
blog
Old 29-08-2010, 13:28
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby View Post
There's no mass communication, just like there was no Holy Bible for 34 year olds or GNR playing The White Album.

There's no raging against the dying of the light either.
Awww, but Nicky is always telling us this in interviews. How disappointing. Ha! When's the next Manics radio interview, I want to hear him say this again. And again.

I reckon more promo will happen in a week or two once the single is about to be released. I've not seen the video on any music channels yet and I skip through them all looking for a decent song I like (rarely happens). I hope they get on some TV shows or something, it's all good doing these little radio interviews but how many people are going to hear them? I haven't even heard of the stations they're on let alone listen to them. Oh well.
Old 29-08-2010, 14:30
Stretched out in the sun

the sentiment itself 'last shot at mass communication' was too much for my cringe-o-meter anyway. it basically went through the roof.
Old 29-08-2010, 14:37
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Well on the interview with Q Radio I missed most of, I tuned in just in time to hear James say after the Japan and Australian tour they would tour Europe.
He didn't say festivals so it looks like 2011 will see at least some solid European dates.
Now it's the turn of the Americans to moan about "One last show at mass communication"...