Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 14-01-2012, 22:32
I live to fall asleep

What is the most update footage in the film, I know it was completed officially in late 2009 or so, so does this mean it has some TV footage or talk of JFPL in there?
Old 15-01-2012, 02:59
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by richeysite View Post
I'm pretty sure nothing of the US 2009 shows were filmed, just a little bit of us fans waiting to get in before the one in Philly.
Actually, we filmed numerous shows on the American tour. Some of it is in the film, and more of it will feature in the DVD extras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlasting View Post
What is the most update footage in the film, I know it was completed officially in late 2009 or so, so does this mean it has some TV footage or talk of JFPL in there?
Yes, there is coverage of Journal For Plague Lovers in the film.
Old 15-01-2012, 04:29
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth M View Post
Actually, we filmed numerous shows on the American tour. Some of it is in the film, and more of it will feature in the DVD extras.

Oops! Somehow, I got that horribly wrong. Sorry about that.

"Doubts are crueler than the worst of truths"

Toronto, Canada - September 11, 1999 / London, England - April 18, 2005 / London, England - April 19, 2005 / Toronto, Canada - October 4, 2009 / Philadelphia, PA, USA - October 6, 2009
Old 15-01-2012, 04:58
Freed from the century

Good to hear there's been some progress. Keep us all updated, Elizabeth!
Old 15-01-2012, 10:37
Doors slowly closing

Ah, talk of DVD extras, now we're moving along nicely...

A cinema release seems self-defeating at this stage. You're just delaying the DVD profits!
Old 17-01-2012, 04:14
I am purity, they call me perverted

fantastic news! i'd love to see this released to dvd!
Old 17-01-2012, 09:44
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
We are still working on raising the necessary funds to release the film, and will provide details as soon as any are available.

We cannot release the film for free on the Internet not only because of legal issues, but also because we need to recoup at least some small percentage of the money that we have invested in it.

Regarding donations from fans, we are not yet able to mount a crowdfunding campaign because the amount of money we need is still beyond what we could expect to raise through that means. The good news is that we are getting closer to the point at which such a campaign will be more feasible. When it is, the good people of Foreverdelayed.org.uk (and the bad people of it, too! ) will be the first to know.

Thanks as always for your interest.
How much money do you actually need?
Old 17-01-2012, 14:22
Winterlover

I hope the DVD will release soon
Old 31-03-2012, 01:22
I live to fall asleep

So just wondering how the progression is going with No Manifesto? Please let it be released this year somehow!
Old 05-04-2012, 11:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
How much money do you actually need?
+1
Old 10-04-2012, 09:51

Quote:
Yes, that bit where a clip of the band performing Peeled Apples on Jool Holland is shown and the voice over says something to the effect of 'and then they did an album called Journal For Plague Lovers'
Old 10-04-2012, 14:14
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Plus View Post
Yes, that bit where a clip of the band performing Peeled Apples on Jool Holland is shown and the voice over says something to the effect of 'and then they did an album called Journal For Plague Lovers'
Is it seriously like that? Thought there would be a couple of minutes at least and various little clips of them playing JFPL live, I'm picturing a really super quick 7 second mentioning and then it comes up THE END!
Old 10-04-2012, 15:06

Quote:
Is it seriously like that? Thought there would be a couple of minutes at least and various little clips of them playing JFPL live, I'm picturing a really super quick 7 second mentioning and then it comes up THE END!
That is basically what happens! I think the documentary only covers the period that the film makers had access to the band (i.e. up until the release of Send Away The Tigers) which is fair enough but I think it is universally agreed that Plague Lovers was one of the most significant eras of the band and could have been covered in more detail. Especially considering that the film intends to reflect upon the majority of the band's history.

If I was making the film I would have extended the shoot and got a bit more coverage of the band/fans up until the 02 gig; that event could have served as a significant moment to bookend the story. Plus it would give the film more contemporary resonance and would probably make it easier to sell.
Old 10-04-2012, 18:50
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Plus View Post
Quote:
No, it is not like that. Although we do not have coverage of the actual making of Journal For Plague Lovers, along with the clip from Jools Holland we also have our own footage of the band discussing the genesis of the album, from the decision to use to lyrics to how they felt about the process of recording it to the positive critical response that the album received.
Old 10-04-2012, 23:40
I live to fall asleep

Thanks for the info Elizabeth. Will you be releasing any more little outtakes onto the Youtube account, I keep watching the others all the time