Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 05-09-2009, 19:01
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindalike View Post
Just renewed my Cineworld unlimited card, so it better be released before September 5th 2010 and be shown in that cinema!!!!
I can't imagine it ever being shown in Cineworld somehow.
Old 05-09-2009, 20:12
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsuo View Post
Was it not supposed to be shown in Glasgow at some point ? Why haven't they screened it in London ?

Is the film on a digital tape or did they print it in 35mm ?
The Sheffield screening was Digi Beta, I think striking a 35mm print would be overkill and prohibitively expensive for such a project.
Old 05-09-2009, 21:35
Bored out of my mind

There's a chap on The Rush Forums who apparently has had some involvement with this. Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee appear on it I believe? I've started a Manics thread on that forum and have just asked on the thread if he knows about UK release dates. I might PM him as well. Oooooooooh! Exciting!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 05-09-2009, 21:44
Bored out of my mind

Aaaaaaaaw! Some really nice comments being posted about MSP by Rush fans. So that's good!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 05-09-2009, 21:58
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
There's a chap on The Rush Forums who apparently has had some involvement with this. Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee appear on it I believe? I've started a Manics thread on that forum and have just asked on the thread if he knows about UK release dates. I might PM him as well. Oooooooooh! Exciting!
Yeah there is a clip on their Youtube account where Nicky and James meet Rush in 2007. It's only short but it's apparently an outtake from the documentary. It's good footage so why they've chopped it out I don't know but maybe there is better footage from that meeting?
Would love to know a release date, even a rough estimate would do me. 2010 is my bet. 6 years in the making, HA!
Old 05-09-2009, 22:07
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlasting View Post
Yeah there is a clip on their Youtube account where Nicky and James meet Rush in 2007. It's only short but it's apparently an outtake from the documentary. It's good footage so why they've chopped it out I don't know but maybe there is better footage from that meeting?
It was in the cut at Sheffield last year. It was funny seeing them (especially Nicky) being utter fan boys about meeting one of their favourite bands, rather than the other way round.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:27
Bored out of my mind

A release date hasn't been set yet although the editing has now been completed apparently so hopefully not much longer to wait!
Old 06-09-2009, 08:27
Bored out of my mind

Well it's in the finishing process anyway!
Old 06-09-2009, 08:49
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

i'm really looking forward to finally seeing this, lets hope 2010 brings a new album, no manifesto and possibly a new live DVD?

JUST DIVINE BRILLIANCE
Old 06-09-2009, 14:30
Doors slowly closing

the Manics live: in a gutter!!! lol jks.
Old 06-09-2009, 15:48
Bored out of my mind

I've PM'd the guy on The Rush Forums to see if I can get anymore info but he might not know himself yet! Trying to find out what his link to the film is. Have asked him to PM me back if possible if he gets any dates for the UK and then I'll let you know on here.
Old 06-09-2009, 16:07
Under neon loneliness

I'm sure WibblyWobblyProductions will let us know about any new dates as soon as they know
Old 06-09-2009, 16:11
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
I'm sure WibblyWobblyProductions will let us know about any new dates as soon as they know
Yeah, I know. But still, might be able to get some extra information about it all if I ask him nicely!
Old 06-09-2009, 16:26
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
I've PM'd the guy on The Rush Forums to see if I can get anymore info but he might not know himself yet! Trying to find out what his link to the film is. Have asked him to PM me back if possible if he gets any dates for the UK and then I'll let you know on here.
Aww, thanks a lot for going to such lengths to find out the info.
Old 06-09-2009, 16:31
Bored out of my mind

That's ok! Will depend if he's allowed to say anything of course or whatever. Will let you know if I get a response anyway!

EDIT - He is actually a she! Whoops! Just checked their profile!

Last edited by The Gutless Wonder; 06-09-2009 at 16:48.