Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 01-10-2013, 06:10
Bored of being bored

Mine definitely signed on hardcover, under the sealed clingfilm. Looks great, but knew i'd read about the insert somewhere ! I bought using Credit Card. As it is a US site might be a problem with people buying with a Debit Card?
Old 01-10-2013, 10:14
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestivate View Post
Mine definitely signed on hardcover, under the sealed clingfilm. Looks great, but knew i'd read about the insert somewhere ! I bought using Credit Card. As it is a US site might be a problem with people buying with a Debit Card?
I payed with debit card every time and while I had some major cock-ups with MyPlague, the card was never an issue for me.

Livet är kort, för kort för att slösas bort
Lämna hatet åt gamanar

Old 01-10-2013, 11:37
Born to end

The real problem is their lack of any login feature on their site. As a result, they don't have a secure method for customers to alter details.

My card was replaced, so the numbers changed. As a result, their system was unable to place my order. They say that, due to the lack of login, they can't change card details securely. I think that's a strange excuse - surely they could still call the customer and ask for the details again, using the number that's on file?

I have since discovered what I guess is the real reason the Manics use this terrible company - it looks like it's owned by Sony!

If you go to http://myplaydirect.com on Internet Explorer, it redirects you to:

http://maintenance.sonymusic.com/

You'll notice all the acts are on labels such as Columbia, Epic, CBS, RCA - all owned by Sony.

It is REALLY poor that Sony can't get simple details right for THEIR artists. Notice how the Manics' page lists "Generation Terrorist" at the top! Pretty bad, considering the album was released on their label - Columbia!
Old 01-10-2013, 12:58
Builder of routine

the reason they use it is economics. It'll be cheaper using their own outfit than some outside company. It isn't fair to say the band don't care about their fans when it's something completely out of their control. Sony wants to use MyPlay Direct. What are the band supposed to do? Look for another record contract in protest? Not very realistic.
Old 02-10-2013, 23:19
Born to end

Very true - all marketing including the site are nothing to do with the band. That said, the whole team as a collective could be more caring and less money-grabbing. It's Sony's doing.

Like I said, some bands who have been around equally long and are with a different label have a great web team who converse with fans - in fact, so do some artists. I don't think it's realistic to expect them to have a personal web presence if they don't wish - it's a time-consuming thing. However, the label could listen to the fans more.
Old 13-01-2014, 16:26
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
Those people were actually told they wouldn't get theirs, and sent a free unsigned copy PLUS a free gift and a discount on their next order (although, as mentioned, they have nothing in stock that most Manics fans don't already have).
Did someone get that gift yet? They promised it for 2013...

Also, as we understand how frustrating this has been we will also be sending you an extra free gift by the end the year.
Old 24-01-2014, 07:39
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by albireo View Post
Did someone get that gift yet? They promised it for 2013...

Also, as we understand how frustrating this has been we will also be sending you an extra free gift by the end the year.
Nope. Or I didn't, at least.
Just went and typed in some details at
http://www.myplaydirect.com/manic-st...rs/contact/new
so ... we'll see.
Old 30-06-2014, 09:41
Winterlover

Had my Futurology order cancelled TWICE by MyPlayDirect, doing me out of a signed deluxe edition. I've not yet had a single order fulfilled without a hitch but this is a new level of fail. Will be re-placing with Amazon, I've begrudgingly kept using MPD due to it being the ~official~ store and having exclusives, but this is ridiculous, they won't even take the money I wish I wasn't giving them. Fuck you then guys!

Just a heads-up for everyone in case they're killing other orders. I do not mean to cause panic, but yeah. -___-
Old 30-06-2014, 15:53
Builder of routine

DEM GUYZ
Old 30-06-2014, 15:57
Winterlover

I had quite a good experience with them, in a roundabout way... I had a discount to use on their website so I bought the 2CD&DVD National Treasures. They fucked it up. No surprise there. So I played balls a bit, had no response so I cancelled the order. Then I had an email from someone else at MPD saying there had been a mistake so they had arranged for another one to be sent out to me. They never took payment for the one I received though, possibly because somebody else acknowledged that I’d cancelled. Obviously a shambles but hey, free National Treasures.
Old 30-06-2014, 19:49
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofarsideways View Post
Had my Futurology order cancelled TWICE by MyPlayDirect, doing me out of a signed deluxe edition. I've not yet had a single order fulfilled without a hitch but this is a new level of fail. Will be re-placing with Amazon, I've begrudgingly kept using MPD due to it being the ~official~ store and having exclusives, but this is ridiculous, they won't even take the money I wish I wasn't giving them. Fuck you then guys!

Just a heads-up for everyone in case they're killing other orders. I do not mean to cause panic, but yeah. -___-

My mate also had his signed order cancelled today as well via email. His credit card details were stolen so he was issued with a new credit card. Forgot about updating his credit card details for this order. He explained this to MyPlayDirect today 5 minutes after he had the email from them. They would not help claiming all signed copy are sold out - even though my mate did have one on reserve 5 mins earlier. He is not impressed! I have had similar problems in the past with them and I know a few International fans had similar problems as well basically not getting their signed orders and no replacements available as it had sold out.
2001 Brixton, C.I.A.
2002 Millennium Stadium, St. David's Hall, Wembley, C.I.A. x 2
2003 Move Festival
2004 Wembley
2005 C.I.A., Millennium Stadium, Bristol, Swansea
2006 JDB Solus
2007 Cardiff Uni x 2, Bristol, Reading, C.I.A., Bournemouth, Brighton
2008 NME Awards, NME Big Gig, Newport
2009 Roundhouse x 2 , Wolves, Brighton
2010 Millennium Stadium, Newport, Bristol ,Leicester
2011 Brixton, Blackwood, Wolves, C.I.A., JDB Solus, O2 Arena
2012 The Hague, Amsterdam