Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 05-09-2014, 18:05
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Question - 'The Holy Bible' has always had a lot of interest from the press, but do you ever think that you'd prefer to talk about a different album, and if so, which one?
Answer: "Send Away the Tigers"
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • KoKo 2006 • Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • Roundhouse 2009 • Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • O2 2011 • Rough Trade East 2012 • Shepherds Bush 2013 • Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • Rough Trade East 2014 • Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • Wembley Arena 2018 • Shepherds Bush 2019 • Kingston Pryzm 2021 x2 • Wembley Arena 2021 • Glastonbury 2023 • Alexandra Palace 2024 (40)
Old 05-09-2014, 18:06
Builder of routine

Answer: *not lifeblood*
Old 05-09-2014, 18:15
Administrator

If we only ask questions about lifeblood
Old 05-09-2014, 18:24
Builder of routine

everyone turn up in lifeblood t-shirts please
Old 05-09-2014, 19:45
Mr Msppedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takk View Post
If we only ask questions about lifeblood
Haha directed at James 'Forget THB20 what have you got in store for Lifeblood10?' maybe that'll get its own mastertapes recording
Old 05-09-2014, 20:23
Administrator

Lifeblood bucket challenge and renact the album pics?
Old 07-09-2014, 18:38
I am purity, they call me perverted

Soooo want to goto the Mastertapes session, I also got the rejection email I am keeping my eyes peeled everywhere over the next few weeks for information...hoping to get tickets for a HB gig!
Old 07-09-2014, 18:44

Quote:
For those of you who have been to one of these BBC things before, do they actually check your ID? I'm thinking if I can't go maybe a couple of you who are local could try and use my tickets (that way if you're refused it won't be such an issue as people who travelled). I'll post on here nearer the time if I can't go in case any of you want to give it a go.
Please ring the BBC 'in the audience' number and let them reallocate your tickets if you can't go! They can do this I believe as us rejects got the email to say we are on a waiting list! That way they won't get wasted if they decide to check ID.
Old 12-09-2014, 20:31

Got an e-mail today with the news I'll be asking my question. This is great also because I'm guaranteed entry now (always a worry, especially with travelling from Manchester).
Old 12-09-2014, 21:14
Born to end

I'm going to mastertapes! I can't wait!
Old 12-09-2014, 22:38
Doors slowly closing

Can't help imagining this is going to be like BBC's MasterChef...

Manics on BBC MasterChef… with Greg (right) and John (left).

Greg: This album, The Holy Bible - It looks cold. It looks sharp. John I don't know about you, but I can't wait to try it.
John: Me too Greg. The thing with a third album is, you've had your debut LP, you've had your sophomore album, this is the really nitty gritty - at this stage of the competition those big flavours and distinctive ideas really have to start to count.

*both men listen to the first track of the album*
Greg: Well, that opening track is a delight. Oh Yes. It swoops and soars, but it has that dark underbelly running through it.
John: It's bold. It's daring. It's actually a bit of a triumph. Well done to the Welsh boys, that is a delicately crafted smash of a first track.

*time to sample the second track*

Greg: Now here we have something interesting. Talk of a gala dinner - who doesn't love a gala dinner…?
John: The plates may sound expensive, but this is cool, groovy, … fine dining at its best. If I had one criticism - and it's really only a minor point - I'd rather not have that errant apostrophe in the title - it just doesn't need to be there.

*Track 3*
Greg: Well here's the third course… and you know I love a good Israeli word in a song. And this one really does deliver.
John: I think you're right overall Greg, but I can't get on board with the maggots. There's just no room for that in my palate.
Greg: Well we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I thought they were lovely. Lovely.

*Track 4*
John: Four tracks in… time to see how She Is Suffering turned out.
Greg: Now you know me, I love my potatoes. And this has got everything. Synths, arpeggios, guitar solos, potatoes, the lot. And it's good. It's very good.
John: What impresses me about this track is the musical icing. The piping is smooth where it needs to be, decorated with skill and care. A real 'Umami' hit. I don't know where you're getting the potatoes from though.

*Next up is Archives of Pain…*
Greg: I like chives. I like endives. I love Archives.
John: Just brilliant. I've seen professional chefs with 35 years of experience in the industry use mushrooms that turn out to be deadly toadstools before - so accidents can happen to the best of us - but here they've taken a potentially fatal sound and wrapped it around an intriguing, ostensibly pro-capital punishment lyric, with all the rich dark flavour from that perfectly cooked bass line.
Greg: That is almost scarily good. SCARILY good.

*Revol is course no.6*
Greg: evol this one. EVOL it.
John: the presentation here is fantastic. The symmetry. Some of the best eastern-european/Russian cuisine I've had in a long time.
Greg: I'm going to have to have a second mouthful of that.

*4st 7lb…*
John: I'm not going to make a joke about this track. It would just be wrong.
Greg: No, me neither John. Too obvious.
John: Deliciously bittersweet though.
Greg: Oh you said it my friend, that's exactly right.

*Mausoleum is served up…*
Greg: Oh, that's wonderful. I just can't stop getting some more of that.
John: Can't you regain your self-control?
Greg: It has that… mature meaty taste… almost gamey, like pheasant…
John: And yet it contains NO BIRDS. NO _ BIRDS.

*Faster*
Greg: This is a quick thing to make, a quick thing to eat, the kind of thing you slap together on a Saturday morning before going out, it's no purity, it's not full of goodness, it's corrupt but it's oh so tasty. Breakfaster.
John: I'm the opposite… I think this is the kind of thing you eat at the end of the day when you've not had the chance to eat since the day before, a song for someone who's resisted consuming music.

*This is Yesterday*
Greg: Great use of yeast in this. Really made the softer flavour rise. This is a yeast-er day.
John: Dazzling writing. Dazzling composition. Dazzling skills... and it leaves me blind.

*Die in the Summertime*
Greg: More great presentation here, clean and so serene.
John: That's right, with that great workmanship, almost like a tiny animal curled into a quarter circle, a bit like a partial danish pastry, or a croissant.

*The Intense Humming of Evil*
Greg: Some fragrant dishes really work, but this, I have to be honest, I find a bit distasteful. I can see the work that's gone into it, but no… I just can't get on board with this one. It really smells.
John: I can understand that, it does hum, it's true, but for me, it's got all a lot of bite, and a haunting flavour that stays with you afterwards.

*P.C.P for dessert*
Greg: P.C.P. A tasty dessert victory.
John: P.C.P. A tasty sugary victory.
Greg: When I was young, P.C. meant Plums and Cherries.
John: Nowadays I can't seem tell the difference.
Greg: It's so good I can't even remember what the first line was..
John, Well exactly - it's like a designer amnesiac.

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---

Last edited by Porco; 12-09-2014 at 22:44.
Old 13-09-2014, 11:16
Freed from the century

That was great Porco!

last.fm
NICKY WIRE'S BASSES
Cardiacs, song-by-song
Old 13-09-2014, 11:25
Footprint of history

Hahahahah, thats brill Porco!
Old 14-09-2014, 17:44

When do you think people will be queueing up for this show? Seems a bit crazy being first come first served as I can't see people missing it and it would create mayhem having people there all day lol
Old 14-09-2014, 18:40
Administrator

I'm guessing most people will be able to get in though, so you should be ok if you queue reasonably beforehand?