Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 11-11-2010, 18:56
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundthatsoul View Post
Are ye wise? Cheapest flights I can find at the minute are 45 quid return. But I know they will have went up by the time I book them *head in hands*

Since Ryanair pulled out of Belfast City airport on 31 October, the days of 20 quid return flights to Britain are over for me They still go from Derry mind you but the flights are always dearer and there's only one a day
Flights to London are very cheap from Cork, as there is plenty of competition. Ryanair is still a hell of a lot cheaper than Aer Fungus.

45 return is bad enough, when you ad the train from the airport onto it too. Unless you're flying into Heathrow, where you can get the tube.
Old 15-11-2010, 11:11
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.selfdestruct View Post
Flights to London are very cheap from Cork, as there is plenty of competition. Ryanair is still a hell of a lot cheaper than Aer Fungus.

45 return is bad enough, when you ad the train from the airport onto it too. Unless you're flying into Heathrow, where you can get the tube.
Ryan air only flies to Stanstead, Luton and Gatwick.
And then when he chases up to me turn around to him with glowing green slanted eyes and a hissing beak going "YOU HAVE FAILED USSSssss...!"
O2 Arena 28-02-2008, Brixton Academy 21-01-2011, O2 Arena 17-12-2011
Old 16-11-2010, 20:10
Stretched out in the sun

Found out I have no exams in January so have bought myself a ticket for this date too. Yay yay yay!
Old 16-11-2010, 21:03
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrijack View Post
Night before is good... Places, will get back to you, but there's always wicked places round South Bank for drinking.
or around Russell Square/Bloomsbury?! *convenience*

Old 16-11-2010, 22:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by //Kelly View Post
Found out I have no exams in January so have bought myself a ticket for this date too. Yay yay yay!
I'm lucky that I only have exams at the end of the year (i.e june-ish) - although I'd probably go this gig regardless
Old 16-11-2010, 23:23
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by //Kelly View Post
Yay!

Hmm weirdly the Ryanair flight has came down in price! Times aren't great, but this is good. Although I can't book til tomorrow afternoon til I get my mate's passport details so I hope it stays put. But of course the Travellodge has went up substantially. Aargh rage! Cheapest handy one I can get now for the days we're there is Waterloo. Anyone know if it's alright? Tempted by this Easyhotel Victoria lark though, very cheap for a small room with no window! Nightmare to do yer makeup in there haha.
Old 16-11-2010, 23:29
Doors slowly closing

I had a look at a few of those Travelodge hotels and thought they were pretty steep. I was expecting them to be very cheap. Then again, it is London.
Old 16-11-2010, 23:34
Winterlover

Yeah! But like 2 weeks ago when I checked they were dead on. you have to book each room individually though, to get the cheap saver rate, so don't just use their wee box thing on the front page. My current plan is quite complicated at the moment and involves switching Travelodges after one night ha. What's your flights like? Mine has came down to £30 return which I'm well pleased with!
Old 16-11-2010, 23:40
Doors slowly closing

Oh right, I am very impatient when it comes to looking for a place to stay, when I'm not in the mood to be looking. Especially in places like London, where it's hard to find a good rate for a place that's not a complete kip.

My flight was 30 something return, once they added in all the taxes and stealth charges.

EDIT: Actually no, it was more like 46 euro i think
Old 16-11-2010, 23:43
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundthatsoul View Post
Yay!

Hmm weirdly the Ryanair flight has came down in price! Times aren't great, but this is good. Although I can't book til tomorrow afternoon til I get my mate's passport details so I hope it stays put. But of course the Travellodge has went up substantially. Aargh rage! Cheapest handy one I can get now for the days we're there is Waterloo. Anyone know if it's alright? Tempted by this Easyhotel Victoria lark though, very cheap for a small room with no window! Nightmare to do yer makeup in there haha.
If you got another 2 or 3 people The Royal National is a good bet. It's £114 for a triple room which evens out as £38 each which isn't too shabby (Or you know, you could get a twin for £94 and squash... ). The hotel is a bit crap but it's central and really close to the Russel Square underground stop so that's something.
Old 17-11-2010, 11:26
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.selfdestruct View Post
I had a look at a few of those Travelodge hotels and thought they were pretty steep. I was expecting them to be very cheap. Then again, it is London.
The beauty of what makes a Travelodge truly cheap outside of deals is the capacity to fit more than two people into a two person room, thereby making it cheaper. You don't get pulled up at reception and as long as you don't leave sleeping bags everywhere no one enquires.
Old 06-12-2010, 13:22

*bump* Am I right in saying that it's Nicky's birthday on 20/1?
Also, what hotels have people managed to book?
Old 06-12-2010, 13:26
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterbaby View Post
*bump* Am I right in saying that it's Nicky's birthday on 20/1?
Also, what hotels have people managed to book?
you're right!

I'll be near Earl's Court with Stand and Stare!
Old 06-12-2010, 13:36
Knowlede Is Power

Yeah, very strategic spot
Old 06-12-2010, 13:58
Winterlover

Aargh I've still not booked somewhere to stay! Must get round to that. Think we'll be doing a Travelodge- the cheapest possible. Either Waterloo or Southwark seem well located, anyone have any ideas which is better?