Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 22-01-2015, 15:11
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooberfan View Post
A presale has gone up on ticketmaster for the Boston show. Its live now but requires a password. Given there's no announcements or anything formal declared, has anyone seen what the password would be? I haven't had any emails or similar so far ..
Another brilliantly handled Manics announcement
Old 22-01-2015, 15:11
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takk View Post
I'm told it's mandatory.
Hmmm. Toronto has Casa Loma, we have a fort, they won't play Quebec City (only Montreal, maybe). Maybe they can do a Lighthouse show at Peggy's Cove or borrow the Blue Nose and turn it in to a Canadian pirate ship. Or do it at West Edmonton Mall on the galleon replica. That'll work.
Old 22-01-2015, 15:26
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozendiva View Post
How many gigs in North America are held at castles?
Very true, which is why we're trying not to feel foolish about this venture. Neither of us have been to Europe before, I turn 40 this summer and wanted to do a big trip anyway, and we managed to schedule things so that we'll be there on our anniversary, too.

But... the chances of us getting to talk to James, Nicky and Sean after the Cardiff Castle gig are much slimmer than they'd be if we get to see them in say, Detroit again
Old 22-01-2015, 15:27

PRESALE PRESALE PRESALE:

http://www.vanyaland.com/2015/01/22/...north-america/

Thanks to Takk!!

Last edited by beautyfindsrefuge; 22-01-2015 at 15:54. Reason: Credit where credit is due
Old 22-01-2015, 15:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautyfindsrefuge View Post
PRESALE PRESALE PRESALE:

http://www.vanyaland.com/2015/01/22/...north-america/

Thanks Manic Street Mania!!
Awesome - thank you!

Yaaaay - I'm in ... NOW to start getting other dates and announcements .. I'm still in quite a bit of disbelief .. both that they're (finally) coming back and it IS the Holy Bible in FULL .... INCREDIBLE ..
Manchester Nynex-May97; Manchester M.E.N-Dec98; Glastonbury-Jun99; Manic Millennium-Cardiff -99/2000; Manchester Apollo-Mar27 01; Manchester Apollo-Mar28 01; LLandudno Conf Ctr-Aug 01; Leeds Fest-Aug01; V2002 Staffs-Aug02; Manchester Move Fest-Jul03; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May09; Seattle Neumo's-Sept09; Vancouver Commodore-Sept09; New York Webster Hall-Oct09; Boston Paradise-Oct09; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May11; London O2 Arena-Dec11; London Brixton Academy-Apr11th 14; London Brixton Academy-Apr12th 14; Dublin Olympia-Dec14; New York Webster Hall-Apr15; Boston Sinclair-Apr15; Chicago Metro-Apr15; Los Angeles Fonda-May15; Liverpool Echo-May16; Birmingham Genting-May16; Llangollen Llanfest - July17; Birmingham Arena-April18; Manchester Arena-April18; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May18

Last edited by ooberfan; 22-01-2015 at 16:21.
Old 22-01-2015, 16:50

Quote:
HunkyDory: yeah absolutely!! That would be tons of fun. Whereabouts are you in the US? There's also a group on Facebook ("American manic street preacher fans") ... There's some good people on there that are talking about meet ups etc for the gigs which would be awesome. I think that will make these shows that much more fantastic.. Getting together with other fans and just lapping up the gigs etc

Where did you move to the US from out interest? I'm from Manchester UK originally
Sounds great!! I joined the FB group, thanks for spreading the word. Can't wait to meet some Manics fans.

Well, now I live in Worcester, MA (horrible city), but I'm from Germany (near Nuremberg) originally. I stay until June of this year and move back afterwards.

Oh Manchester, that's awesome! I've been there last year, loved it and will definitely come back!
Old 22-01-2015, 16:57

I joined the FB group, too. Thanks for mentioning it, I had no idea it existed. I just wish they had it as a Closed instead of Public group so that my friends don't realize just how crazy I am when it comes to this group
Old 22-01-2015, 17:01

How nice, a concert in Chomsky's Camelot!
Old 22-01-2015, 18:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunkyDory View Post
Sounds great!! I joined the FB group, thanks for spreading the word. Can't wait to meet some Manics fans.

Well, now I live in Worcester, MA (horrible city), but I'm from Germany (near Nuremberg) originally. I stay until June of this year and move back afterwards.

Oh Manchester, that's awesome! I've been there last year, loved it and will definitely come back!
Awesome! You saw the presale for the Boston show went up today? Going to be fabulous at the Sinclair... really great venue.
Manchester Nynex-May97; Manchester M.E.N-Dec98; Glastonbury-Jun99; Manic Millennium-Cardiff -99/2000; Manchester Apollo-Mar27 01; Manchester Apollo-Mar28 01; LLandudno Conf Ctr-Aug 01; Leeds Fest-Aug01; V2002 Staffs-Aug02; Manchester Move Fest-Jul03; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May09; Seattle Neumo's-Sept09; Vancouver Commodore-Sept09; New York Webster Hall-Oct09; Boston Paradise-Oct09; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May11; London O2 Arena-Dec11; London Brixton Academy-Apr11th 14; London Brixton Academy-Apr12th 14; Dublin Olympia-Dec14; New York Webster Hall-Apr15; Boston Sinclair-Apr15; Chicago Metro-Apr15; Los Angeles Fonda-May15; Liverpool Echo-May16; Birmingham Genting-May16; Llangollen Llanfest - July17; Birmingham Arena-April18; Manchester Arena-April18; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May18
Old 22-01-2015, 18:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoodleBug View Post
I joined the FB group, too. Thanks for mentioning it, I had no idea it existed. I just wish they had it as a Closed instead of Public group so that my friends don't realize just how crazy I am when it comes to this group
Hahahaha - preaching to the choir there .. haha
Old 22-01-2015, 18:19

If we're able to pull this off, we're going to do either this show or the Chicago show. For anyone in the area, how easy is it to get to The Sinclair via public transportation? We'd be doing a fly in - hit the show - fly back out thing.
Old 22-01-2015, 18:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoodleBug View Post
If we're able to pull this off, we're going to do either this show or the Chicago show. For anyone in the area, how easy is it to get to The Sinclair via public transportation? We'd be doing a fly in - hit the show - fly back out thing.
The Sinclair is SUPER easy on public transport! Harvard Square is the 'T' (subway stop) on the RED line which runs right into downtown Boston. Its about 15-20 mins from Park St (Boston Commons/Downtown) to Harvard Square ... the airport is on the BLUE line and you can change etc downtown. Its a great little area Harvard and the venue is AMAZING!

I can happily share links, provide more transpo details if you need. This is the MBTA website (for buses, subway etc): www.mbta.com

Last edited by ooberfan; 22-01-2015 at 18:36.
Old 22-01-2015, 18:32
Born to end

Says 18+, hmm this is odd. I've been to the Sinclair before and they've never carded me.
Old 22-01-2015, 18:39

Quote:
Awesome! You saw the presale for the Boston show went up today? Going to be fabulous at the Sinclair... really great venue.
Yup, already got mine!
Old 22-01-2015, 18:46

Quote:
The Sinclair is SUPER easy on public transport! Harvard Square is the 'T' (subway stop) on the RED line which runs right into downtown Boston. Its about 15-20 mins from Park St (Boston Commons/Downtown) to Harvard Square ... the airport is on the BLUE line and you can change etc downtown. Its a great little area Harvard and the venue is AMAZING!

I can happily share links, provide more transpo details if you need. This is the MBTA website (for buses, subway etc): www.mbta.com
Thanks so much for the info!