Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 01-02-2010, 17:19
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Boy View Post
I suspect we may have to put a Manics tribute together in order to achieve it. I can be Nicky as I'm quite tall, can talk bollocks, have a stupid haircut and can't play the bass.

I know someone with a pet mole that can play the drums, that'll do for Sean but James might be difficult.
Anyone do ballet so they can do the Jamesy one leg spineroo?
Old 01-02-2010, 18:39
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I watched it at the time and loved it, but looking back...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmTPAX1Qrng&NR=1

^That is the single most embarassing thing the Manics have ever been involved in,

Should not have been a single, but it's an excellent song! They've released bad singles before this, Kevin Carter is ten times worse and that's not even a good song.
Old 01-02-2010, 19:03
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiomanic View Post
Should not have been a single, but it's an excellent song! They've released bad singles before this, Kevin Carter is ten times worse and that's not even a good song.
I do think it's a great song. It's the Manics not giving a fuck, whilst in the studio. Then coming out of the studio and being quite embarassed.
Old 01-02-2010, 20:58
Bored out of my mind

Nowt to be embarrassed about with Lifeblood, it's ace!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 13-02-2010, 19:46
I am purity, they call me perverted

JDB looks so awkward on the Jools performance of TLORN cos hes not used to not playing the guitar on stage
And then when he chases up to me turn around to him with glowing green slanted eyes and a hissing beak going "YOU HAVE FAILED USSSssss...!"
O2 Arena 28-02-2008, Brixton Academy 21-01-2011, O2 Arena 17-12-2011
Old 13-02-2010, 22:16
Bored out of my mind

He! He! 'I'm NAKED without my Gibson!'
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 14-02-2010, 19:30
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
He! He! 'I'm NAKED without my Gibson!'
Poor bloke:

Old 17-02-2010, 22:40
Born to end

I think 2004 was a weird year for music anyway, I remember hearing an interview with James (talking to steve lamaque) saying he wasn't really very musically inspired around that time-hence one of the reasons lifeblood sounded the way it did. Also the band were pretty much exhausted, 15 years of album/touring/album/touring etc non stop...they needed a well deserved rest be the time lifeblood came out.

To be honest the album was a brave move by the band-okay it didn't really do them any favours but kudos for trying. it'd be interesting to hear what the next album will sound like.

P.S. Kevin Carter is great song-probably one of faves from the manics.
Old 18-02-2010, 21:02
Desire on its knees

I remember watching this at the time. It didn't help that the performance of TLORN was followed by a very on-form Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Old 18-02-2010, 22:03
Bored out of my mind

James got so bored on their hiatus he was even tidying up the cupboard with the cleaning stuff in it at home according to a Repeat Fanzine interview!
Mrs B - 'I see you've been doing some tidying up, again. Will they be in alphabetical order tomorrow?' Oh, that and potting plants!
Old 18-02-2010, 22:05
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
James got so bored on their hiatus he was even tidying up the cupboard with the cleaning stuff in it at home according to a Repeat Fanzine interview!
Mrs B - 'I see you've been doing some tidying up, again. Will they be in alphabetical order tomorrow?' Oh, that and potting plants!
Nicky: "At last he's seen the light!"
Old 20-02-2010, 09:16
Born to end

Is there any place I can download the Manics's Jools performances in good quality. I'd like to make a compilation DVD of them.

Thanks