Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 11-12-2020, 11:53
Bored of being bored

Assuming we have live concerts again next summer, we'll have had both KYE and GATS reissued since the last shows. Will they try to shoehorn rarities from both eras into a live set?
Old 11-12-2020, 12:19
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA ex View Post
Assuming we have live concerts again next summer, we'll have had both KYE and GATS reissued since the last shows. Will they try to shoehorn rarities from both eras into a live set?
We might have a new album as well by then so likely it'll be a 4 hour set to fit everything in. They'll be totally up for that....totally rested after lockdown
Old 11-12-2020, 14:30
Knowlede Is Power

Oh yes please!
Old 11-12-2020, 23:55
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil C View Post
That is good, but this take of Found That Soul is my favourite ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8amtm0FCH9I
Yeah I remember watching that when it aired, first time of hearing both songs. I didn't know how to react to So Why So Sad but thought it was a fine, summery song. Then when Found That Soul blasts out I was like "WOW!!!!", I remember watching back my VHS tape of that over and over again with my brother. Really great stuff, miles better than the actual recording of the song. Hope they put on a dvd crammed full of stuff from this era and have a new interview with them all, too.
Old 12-12-2020, 12:30
I am purity, they call me perverted

I'd love a DVD, but given the lack of visual material on the last two reissues, I think we'll be exceptionally lucky to get one this time around.

The real question is, what packaging will it be? It'll obviously be something totally different to all the others, just to be awkward again.
Old 12-12-2020, 18:09
Desire on its knees

I'd guessing they'll put it in a star shaped boxset, for two main reasons, one to be awkward and just mock anyone that wants to display their music on a shelf and secondly, perhaps the most crucial, maximum damage during delivery.
Nothing is secure but life, transition, the energizing spirit. No love can be bound by oath or covenant to secure it against a higher love. No truth so sublime but it may be trivial tomorrow in the light of new thoughts. People wish to be settled; only as far as they are unsettled is there any hope for them.
Old 12-12-2020, 18:22
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Surely ordering from the Manics online store should achieve the same results?

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 12-12-2020, 20:09
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron the little seal View Post
I'd guessing they'll put it in a star shaped boxset, for two main reasons, one to be awkward and just mock anyone that wants to display their music on a shelf and secondly, perhaps the most crucial, maximum damage during delivery.
Heh nicely put. I can picture the complaints now about one or more points of the star being irreparably crushed.
Disk beginning to rotate, faster, becoming a sphere of paler gray. Expanding -
And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard extending to infinity.
Inner eye opening to the stepped scarlet pyramid of the Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority burning beyond the green cubes of Mitsubishi Bank of America,
and high and very far away he saw the spiral arms of military systems, forever beyond his reach.
And somewhere he was laughing, in a white-painted loft, distant fingers caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face.
Old 12-12-2020, 22:44
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Heh nicely put. I can picture the complaints now about one or more points of the star being irreparably crushed.
"This shouldn't have happened" says company that manages to cock something up for every album release
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • KoKo 2006 • Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • Roundhouse 2009 • Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • O2 2011 • Rough Trade East 2012 • Shepherds Bush 2013 • Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • Rough Trade East 2014 • Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • Wembley Arena 2018 • Shepherds Bush 2019 • Kingston Pryzm 2021 x2 • Wembley Arena 2021 • Glastonbury 2023 • Alexandra Palace 2024 (40)
Old 14-12-2020, 21:21
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
"This shouldn't have happened" says company that manages to cock something up for every album release
It's one of, if not THE, universal constants.
Disk beginning to rotate, faster, becoming a sphere of paler gray. Expanding -
And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard extending to infinity.
Inner eye opening to the stepped scarlet pyramid of the Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority burning beyond the green cubes of Mitsubishi Bank of America,
and high and very far away he saw the spiral arms of military systems, forever beyond his reach.
And somewhere he was laughing, in a white-painted loft, distant fingers caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face.
Old 20-12-2020, 13:54
Born to end

I wouldn't want the tracklisting of the album itself messed around with, for me the way it is is part of its strength, even if, for instance, Novotel is easier to love than Wattsville.
Old 20-12-2020, 20:29
Knowlede Is Power

Yeah I agree, there are better b-sides than some album tracks but I hope they leave it as it is.

Would be interesting to get the alternative album(s) track listings from Nicky though so we can see what they would’ve panned out like. He loves a list so there must be one knocking about somewhere that they can include in the booklet.
Old 20-12-2020, 23:34
Freed from the century

yeah, agreed. Especially with digital stuff now it's so easy to create new tracklistings for yourself while maintaining the integrity and memories of the original album (flaws and all).
Old 21-12-2020, 13:30
Bored of being bored

I'd much rather they do what Suede did with their album re-issues; keep the album as is, but include a discussion and retrospective track listing for what the band now believe it should look like.
Old 21-12-2020, 13:49
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA ex View Post
I'd much rather they do what Suede did with their album re-issues; keep the album as is, but include a discussion and retrospective track listing for what the band now believe it should look like.
In the booklet yeah, that was cool.

But since we already have the albums, since they're already all over streaming sites as they are, i WOULD welcome a new one with different tracklisting. I know we can all make playlists and put whatever songs wherever we want, but it's always better when the artist gives you their own. So I have absolutely no issue.

Especially when it comes to physical media. I already got the two KYE LPs, the original one and the music on vinyl reissue. I Would love one that has a different tracklisting, or altered, or whatever. I'd buy the new one regardless, but it'd be silly to buy the same thing again.