Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 31-12-2007, 00:14
I am purity, they call me perverted

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
bullying is a good laugh to be fair though tom!
i,ve had my fair share of people trying to bully me i can tell you with a name like tigerlily, but i used to tell them well at least i can change my name by deed poll, but you cant change your fat ugly head, either that or i clobbered them. coming from a family with several brothers helped to though certainly helped, is that the girl on the photo in the documentary then folks, which one.
Old 31-12-2007, 00:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven View Post
T'wasn't Lori Fidler. And though I only 'knew' her through her fanzines and brief letters, she seemed a nice girl.
what was she really like then raven. did she have a close thing with richey or was it all rumours and i apologize if i caused you offence anytime before. i had areally crappy year with my mind tellin me over and over i might never see my bruv again and two weeks before xmas i finally hit rock bottom and have now been given finally some counselling and some proper help. thats why i havent been on the forum and the last sighting we had that was another let down was the final straw. i know someone who worked with him at the docks knows more then there letting on because the nmph and police think he got away on a boat but you cant force people to tell you what they know, especially if there just protecting his welfare. but i sat in a cold bath for 3 hours and just cried. more for my ma, really. anyhow sorry if this is the wrong place to put this, but if it was her i can understand why james and the rest of his loved ones would be so angry if she was accusing them of knowing etc.
Old 31-12-2007, 00:32
I live to fall asleep

That poem. Fucking hell.

Just about the single shittest thing I've ever read in my entire life, and 1/3 of my degree was creative writing, when we had to workshop each others' poems. It is completely, unmitigated bollocks. If one of my old year 7 set 5 with moderate learning difficulties shat on a piece of paper, the chances are it'd contain better poetry than that.
Old 31-12-2007, 00:43
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterlanguage View Post
About ten years back, a chap up north used to do loads of different compilation videos of TV stuff, rare Japanese stuff etc - there must have been nearly ten of them in the end. A lot of the youtube / DVD compilations that turn up on ebay were obviously ripped from the VHS copies.
wasn't it a guy called Martin?

the Spectators Of Suicide guy?

i have some VHS's from him around that time

acoustic, live and rare
the dragon bites back
reclaimation

etc
Old 31-12-2007, 02:32
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily37 View Post
what was she really like then raven. did she have a close thing with richey or was it all rumours and i apologize if i caused you offence anytime before. i had areally crappy year with my mind tellin me over and over i might never see my bruv again and two weeks before xmas i finally hit rock bottom and have now been given finally some counselling and some proper help. thats why i havent been on the forum and the last sighting we had that was another let down was the final straw. i know someone who worked with him at the docks knows more then there letting on because the nmph and police think he got away on a boat but you cant force people to tell you what they know, especially if there just protecting his welfare. but i sat in a cold bath for 3 hours and just cried. more for my ma, really. anyhow sorry if this is the wrong place to put this, but if it was her i can understand why james and the rest of his loved ones would be so angry if she was accusing them of knowing etc.
Thanks, offence forgotten, all in the past.

All I remember of Lori Fidler is how she became Manic fan enemy number one, it's weird with this band how there are certain fans whose names are almost as familiar as the band's own, but the rumours go right back to the sighting that was supposed to have happened I think before it became public knowledge that he was missing, at a service station wasn't it, by a lad who supposedly asked him if he knew Lori - from this stemmed the stories that the gifts he left were for her and that he'd sent her postcards after Feb the 1st - all of these she said was made up fuelled I think in part by an interview she'd given to a journalist who'd been a wee bit economical with the truth of what she'd said (the wisdom of giving an interview ... well), her friend said he had met 'Richey' but he didn't mention it to her till after he was reported missing (make of that what you will), she'd no reason to disbelieve him though he could've been mistaken - all this she made known through her final (I think) copy of her fanzine Scream to a Sigh. I didn't know her personally, never spoke to her directly about Richey, my impressions were just drawn from her zine, notes, other's impressions of her. I think she exchanged some letters/gifts with him but she never claimed a close relationship. And after all that debacle (like that word) I never heard anything by or of her again, she might have been a bit daft in giving an interview but she didn't come over in her zine/writings as malicious

I remember being outside a gig - after Richey had disappeared and hearing how 'so and so got beaten up in the toilets at the last gig did y'hear. Bet she doesn't show up at this one' ... because 'so and so' had spoken with Richey in the past. And another so and so'll have her lights punched out if she turns up and ... well, who needs fans. All seemed to go a bit too far and one of these 'so and so's' I had known quite well for a while and she was genuinely a lovely person It's all so long back now, the band maybe for a time did seem to inspire obsession, I could connect in a way I hadn't connected with other bands, they did have 'something to say', intelligence as well as glamour but all this bitching and parts of the 'cult' with the endless naval gazing and shit poetry it did make y'realize you can connect with a band but that doesn't mean you've anything in common with other fans. It all seemed best well left behind and I think by and large the obsessive lot and the bad Manic-inspired howproudtheymustbe poetry has gone, all that competing for who's the most fucked up. And best left behind.

I wish you well for the new year
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more," - Byron

'I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.' (from Sea Fever - John Masefield)

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all" - Emily Dickinson
Old 31-12-2007, 03:23

Thumbs up

Quote:

All I remember of Lori Fidler is how she became Manic fan enemy number one, it's weird with this band how there are certain fans whose names are almost as familiar as the band's own, but the rumours go right back to the sighting that was supposed to have happened I think before it became public knowledge that he was missing, at a service station wasn't it, by a lad who supposedly asked him if he knew Lori - from this stemmed the stories that the gifts he left were for her and that he'd sent her postcards after Feb the 1st - all of these she said was made up fuelled I think in part by an interview she'd given to a journalist who'd been a wee bit economical with the truth of what she'd said (the wisdom of giving an interview ... well), her friend said he had met 'Richey' but he didn't mention it to her till after he was reported missing (make of that what you will), she'd no reason to disbelieve him though he could've been mistaken - all this she made known through her final (I think) copy of her fanzine Scream to a Sigh. I didn't know her personally, never spoke to her directly about Richey, my impressions were just drawn from her zine, notes, other's impressions of her. I think she exchanged some letters/gifts with him but she never claimed a close relationship. And after all that debacle (like that word) I never heard anything by or of her again, she might have been a bit daft in giving an interview but she didn't come over in her zine/writings as malicious

I remember being outside a gig - after Richey had disappeared and hearing how 'so and so got beaten up in the toilets at the last gig did y'hear. Bet she doesn't show up at this one' ... because 'so and so' had spoken with Richey in the past. And another so and so'll have her lights punched out if she turns up and ... well, who needs fans. All seemed to go a bit too far and one of these 'so and so's' I had known quite well for a while and she was genuinely a lovely person It's all so long back now, the band maybe for a time did seem to inspire obsession, I could connect in a way I hadn't connected with other bands, they did have 'something to say', intelligence as well as glamour but all this bitching and parts of the 'cult' with the endless naval gazing and shit poetry it did make y'realize you can connect with a band but that doesn't mean you've anything in common with other fans. It all seemed best well left behind and I think by and large the obsessive lot and the bad Manic-inspired howproudtheymustbe poetry has gone, all that competing for who's the most fucked up. And best left behind.

thanks raven, that has answered quite a few things i was wondering about after readind various books and interviews. i never really went to many concerts then as i was to bust having babies and worrying about my own brother david who went missing in apr95. iheard through other friends their was alot of bitching going on and about the cult of richey thing and about that lad who jumped off the bridge not long after richey was supposed to have done and how his parents were blaming richey. i think i remeber the interview she gave was with a woman from the sunday times who thought she was richeys unrequited love and their was a photo of her with richey. like you said you can have a mutual interest with the band, but not all the fans. i think some do take it to extremes and then jealousy and bitchiness kicks in and at the end of the day the manics are only human complete with faults and good points just like the rest of the human race. i hope you and your family have a happy new year and wish you all the best, as with everyone else on the board.
Old 31-12-2007, 03:28

Quote:

i also love your poem, i find more beauty in any form of nature, unfortunately man taints most thing he touches and destroys many beautiful things, my dad always told me we,ll be the ones responsible for our own demise. i was named tigerlily storm after my dads favourite big cat, flower and act of nature, and the way things are going with global warming, wars and destroying the rain forest etc i think he was right, he takes what doesnt belong to him and gives nothing back, well maybe it,s to late.
Old 31-12-2007, 03:37
I live to fall asleep

Fucking crackheads. Not you two. But some of the stuff I've read tonight. I reckon it could be all cured by a nice walk in the park or something.
Old 31-12-2007, 09:35
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takk View Post
Yeah i've seen the one - in her very middle class garden, isn't it?
That's the one. Nicely put too.

The 'what Becky Craig looks like today' award goes to you for that doll!
Old 31-12-2007, 10:36
Under neon loneliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takk View Post
Yeah i've seen the one - in her very middle class garden, isn't it?
It's a lady garden! Sorry.....
Old 31-12-2007, 11:19
Winterlover

Quote:
I think by and large the obsessive lot and the bad Manic-inspired howproudtheymustbe poetry has gone, all that competing for who's the most fucked up. And best left behind.
I like to think people are still sort of obsessive just maybe in a different way, you know instead of competing for fucked up status its more about the crafting.
Old 01-01-2008, 19:55
I live to fall asleep

These obsessed "fans" are utter fucking fuds.
Old 13-01-2008, 15:23
I live to fall asleep

I dug out the vanishing the other night for the first time in ages, and something I'd never noticed before was that becky and jessica appear to be both wearing red ties ...eerie.
Old 13-01-2008, 15:41
Footprint of history

Quote:
i,ve had my fair share of people trying to bully me i can tell you with a name like tigerlily, but i used to tell them well at least i can change my name by deed poll, but you cant change your fat ugly head, either that or i clobbered them. coming from a family with several brothers helped to though certainly helped, is that the girl on the photo in the documentary then folks, which one.
Is tigerlily your real name?
Old 18-10-2010, 21:44
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
hah, hilarious, it looks like kathy burke out of that show that i cant think of the name of, where she has the bright hair and glasses.
gimme gimme gimme is the name of that show Kathy Burke was in phaha
(Oops, didn';t realise people had already given the name.edit)

Last edited by ennanire; 18-10-2010 at 21:47. Reason: realised it's been said