Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 13-06-2021, 11:57
I am purity, they call me perverted

Yes the Tracy Emin line is pretty obvious once you know about the work. Whilst on the subject of Tracy Emin this is a beautiful documentary; and remember she had treatment in recent years which has put her life in danger but she is fighting through this.

Can I use this opportunity to share this brilliant fanmade video?
Old 13-06-2021, 11:58
I live to fall asleep

I quite liked the song when it came out as a free download and there was a crappy fan-made video I believe on the official site I think. I remember getting the limited 7" vinyl and been happy to get it as I knew it was very limited, to 1000 copies I believe. It rocks. Lyrics don't bother me in the slightest. Not a great song, no, but it's fine. In fact, I'm going to put on SATT album now!
Old 14-06-2021, 21:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post

I sometimes wonder if the infamous Underdogs Edit is just to remove a verse in which they sing "Also, you're a fat cunt" over and over.

LOL
Old 15-06-2021, 08:30
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I can live with being called a freak. It's just the rest of it that gets me. Like, come on Nicky, I like your band and I without a doubt am a freak, but describing me as "beaten down", "crushed", "shy and withdrawn", "out of touch", mistake-prone, vengeful, so obscure as to be disappeared, and irrepressibly sexually drawn to him is all a bit much.

I sometimes wonder if the infamous Underdogs Edit is just to remove a verse in which they sing "Also, you're a fat cunt" over and over.
This made me laugh a lot.

My recollection was that whilst some people were pissed off about the freaks thing, most people were just unhappy that it was such a poor song.
Old 15-06-2021, 11:35

Underdogs reminds me of the early manics songs, where fans loved the band, their meaning, and dressed the same. I think Nicky also applies the lyrics to himself and Richey. Perhaps the band added the demo to the recent edition because of society conditions and lyrics are taken more literally. I really like the song and Nicky's writing.