Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 04-06-2007, 13:23
I am purity, they call me perverted

Richey's Tattoos

Hi all, hope everyone is well :-)

Does anyone have any detailed/close up pics of Richeys tattoos, in particular I have a dim memory of a round shaped one on his shoulder?

Ta very much!
Old 04-06-2007, 13:30
deafmute

here it is. not that big ones though.

Old 04-06-2007, 13:53

Thankyou!

I have already seen the second and third pics, but the first is new to me and contains everything i needed to see!

cheers :-)
Old 22-09-2007, 17:23
Knowlede Is Power

Richey's Tattoos...

Ok, further to thread below, about Manics tattoos...
Can anyone describe in depth what Richey's tattoos were, and what their origins are?
Thanks!
J

(photos of them would be cool too, if poss!)
Leeds Uni - 17 Apr 2005
Leeds Uni - 9 May 2007
London Brixton Academy - 12 Dec 2007
Forever Heavenly (London) - 12 Sep 2008
Camden Roundhouse - 30 May 2009
London O2 - 17 Dec 2011
Manchester Ritz - 27 Sep 2013
Manchester Albert Hall - 11 Dec 2014
Tokyo Studio Coast - 8 Nov 2016
Tokyo ZEPP Diver City - 26 Sep 2019
Old 22-09-2007, 21:49

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkymotown View Post
Ok, further to thread below, about Manics tattoos...
Can anyone describe in depth what Richey's tattoos were, and what their origins are?
Thanks!
J

(photos of them would be cool too, if poss!)
he had one one his upper left arm saying i,ll surf this beach which was a quote from the movie apocalypse now. two on his upper right arm. one was the rose saying useless generation and the other was taken from dantes inferno i think which had 4 intergate circles which had traitor to you country etc which are also excerts from the bible. people think he got this done after being in the priory and there was rumours he had found god in there. also his sister rachel was quoted after he went missing that she thought he had joined a monastery. if you go to vivians website, the last of richey edwards she has by far all the knowledge you might want to know and under the richey section under pictures then other stuff you will find the photos of richeys tattoos. dantes inferno was also produced as a movie in the 90s under the title jacobs ladder. watch it if you can find it as it is really good.
Old 22-09-2007, 22:39
Doors slowly closing

He had an anchor like popeye, the Port Vale FC logo and a motif of the Pontins crocodile
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • KoKo 2006 • Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • Roundhouse 2009 • Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • O2 2011 • Rough Trade East 2012 • Shepherds Bush 2013 • Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • Rough Trade East 2014 • Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • Wembley Arena 2018 • Shepherds Bush 2019 • Kingston Pryzm 2021 x2 • Wembley Arena 2021 • Glastonbury 2023 • Alexandra Palace 2024 (40)
Old 23-09-2007, 01:16
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily37 View Post
he had one one his upper left arm saying i,ll surf this beach which was a quote from the movie apocalypse now. two on his upper right arm. one was the rose saying useless generation and the other was taken from dantes inferno i think which had 4 intergate circles which had traitor to you country etc which are also excerts from the bible. people think he got this done after being in the priory and there was rumours he had found god in there. also his sister rachel was quoted after he went missing that she thought he had joined a monastery. if you go to vivians website, the last of richey edwards she has by far all the knowledge you might want to know and under the richey section under pictures then other stuff you will find the photos of richeys tattoos. dantes inferno was also produced as a movie in the 90s under the title jacobs ladder. watch it if you can find it as it is really good.
The specific page with the info: http://www.richeyedwards.net/faq_richey.html

"Doubts are crueler than the worst of truths"

Toronto, Canada - September 11, 1999 / London, England - April 18, 2005 / London, England - April 19, 2005 / Toronto, Canada - October 4, 2009 / Philadelphia, PA, USA - October 6, 2009
Old 23-09-2007, 10:48

pictures:

someone else posted these not that long ago and I saved them off... (so apologies if I'm posting someone else's rare scanned pictures that they got all excited about being able to post when they saw this thread title!)

I'm not necessarily certain that having tattoos with bible references necessarily means anything about finding God... he wore that giant crucifix for ages without anybody going 'goodness! he MUST be catholic!'
'Nothing.'

- Cat's Cradle, Kurt Vonnegut
Old 24-09-2007, 02:26

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by richeysite View Post
The specific page with the info: http://www.richeyedwards.net/faq_richey.html
your site is the tops vivian. very well laid out and easy to use. you must have put a lot of time and effort into it.
Old 24-09-2007, 02:30

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound&fury View Post
pictures:

someone else posted these not that long ago and I saved them off... (so apologies if I'm posting someone else's rare scanned pictures that they got all excited about being able to post when they saw this thread title!)

I'm not necessarily certain that having tattoos with bible references necessarily means anything about finding God... he wore that giant crucifix for ages without anybody going 'goodness! he MUST be catholic!'
no, i know what you mean, but i do remember seeing the film dantes inferno[jacobs ladder] and remember some of the meanings if i really think as i went to a catholic school when i was a kid until i rebelled and bunked off as the nuns could be really wicked to you and i,ll bet they certainly didnt get their halos.
Old 24-09-2007, 02:44
Bored of being bored

Quote:
your site is the tops vivian. very well laid out and easy to use. you must have put a lot of time and effort into it.
Ah, shucks!

"Doubts are crueler than the worst of truths"

Toronto, Canada - September 11, 1999 / London, England - April 18, 2005 / London, England - April 19, 2005 / Toronto, Canada - October 4, 2009 / Philadelphia, PA, USA - October 6, 2009
Old 05-03-2008, 21:43
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound&fury View Post
pictures:

Does anybody have a clearer picture of the 'I'll surf this beach' tattoo? Either another version of this photo, or any other photo where it can be seen.
Old 05-03-2008, 22:48

Quote:
no, i know what you mean, but i do remember seeing the film dantes inferno[jacobs ladder] and remember some of the meanings if i really think as i went to a catholic school when i was a kid until i rebelled and bunked off as the nuns could be really wicked to you and i,ll bet they certainly didnt get their halos.
You could just pick up a copy of Dante's inferno and read the first few pages, it tells you all the levels of hell, who gets sent there and why (including some bitchy comments about his contemporaries....)
Old 19-03-2008, 00:06
Born to end

does anyone have, or can anyone point me to, a decent/large-ish sized picture of the useless generation rose? did someone mention there is a picture of it in the Forever Delayed book of manics photos? any chance of a scan? that would be great.
love+fishes x
Old 19-03-2008, 11:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4our5ive6ix View Post
does anyone have, or can anyone point me to, a decent/large-ish sized picture of the useless generation rose? did someone mention there is a picture of it in the Forever Delayed book of manics photos? any chance of a scan? that would be great.
love+fishes x
this is a huge picture and the tattoo is quite distinct if you click on the pic to enlarge it to its full size http://pics.livejournal.com/richey_edwards/pic/0023p422