Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Live Forum

Old 27-09-2021, 16:03
Bored out of my mind

We got back from Newcastle at around lunch time, although my lack of gig practice is really showing as I've spent most of the afternoon asleep...that bodes well for Stoke and Manchester back-to-back

Aw really enjoyed last night. The venue was really nice and the sound was great. The band (James in particular) seemed very appreciative to be back performing again. They're definitely getting more and more into the swing of things again with each gig I go to (Halifax was better than Victorious and this was better than both)...and James has even cut his hair at last

The new songs sounded good, especially It's Still Snowing in Sapporo. The crowd responded really well to that one too, which was a pleasant surprise. Acoustic Stay Beautiful was a lot of fun and even James going in to full on stern Dad mode to tell off the trouble causers didn't spoil anything. Not sure what happened with that, as it was all kicking off somewhere behind me, but a bunch of security jumped into the crowd to deal with it pretty quickly at least.

I'm still not quite over the novelty of being back at gigs, as it felt like such a surreal dream-like concept for so long over the last 18 months. I hope I never take any of it for granted again
Old 27-09-2021, 18:40
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
Yeah surprising as most of us are all old gits now I've always felt safe at manics gigs. I'd hate to be forced to hang back or have to book seats cos standing becomes too unpredictable.
I think age is partly to blame, so many of these arseholes at gigs are middle aged blokes spoiling it for everyone around them. They treat it as an excuse to get tanked up and throw their considerable weight around because they know the next day they have to go back to their pointless lives and pointless jobs.
Disk beginning to rotate, faster, becoming a sphere of paler gray. Expanding -
And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard extending to infinity.
Inner eye opening to the stepped scarlet pyramid of the Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority burning beyond the green cubes of Mitsubishi Bank of America,
and high and very far away he saw the spiral arms of military systems, forever beyond his reach.
And somewhere he was laughing, in a white-painted loft, distant fingers caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face.
Old 29-09-2021, 10:37
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract Unknown Girl View Post
James going in to full on stern Dad mode to tell off the trouble causers didn't spoil anything. Not sure what happened with that, as it was all kicking off somewhere behind me, but a bunch of security jumped into the crowd to deal with it pretty quickly at least.
The idiot in question was trying to start a fight with everyone around him. Luckily for him he was just ignored. There was a great round of applause when he was thrown out by security. You shouldn't drink on an empty head.

Apart from him the crowd were great. All just there for a good time. That's the last three Newcastle gigs I've went to and I'll not hesitate about going back.