Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 30-06-2010, 22:40
Builder of routine

Golden Platitudes is a song title for pfyam and i suppose tom elmhirst just remixed it. it looks that someone is posting mixed things - some lyrics and random thoughts.

How I wish they had tumblr, I'd reblog and like everything!
Old 30-06-2010, 22:41
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deets View Post
Just received a wonderful uplifting mix of golden platitudes thankyou mr tom elmhirst x
2 minutes ago via txt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Elmhirst

Nicky...?
Golden Platitudes?! Another song title?!!
Old 30-06-2010, 22:44
Mr Msppedia

Another odd song title Nicky you'd be more at home in our Random Thoughts thread at the moment, though thank you!
Old 30-06-2010, 22:45
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richey83 View Post
Golden Platitudes?! Another song title?!!
it was mentioned on the teletext some time ago, i think

oh and tom elmhirst also remixed the performance by dame shirley. and he made an additional production on LB (1985, richard nixon, ssi, cardiff afterlife and emily)
Old 01-07-2010, 00:09
Winterlover

Are these random snippets of text really supposed to be forthcoming lyrics? Surely not! LOL! *kidding*

Funny how the tweets were fairly irregular (all two of them ) up until this thread was started. Me thinks someone's a bit of an FD lurker. Not saying it's anyone actually in the Manics or even someone involved with them, just that it's kind of coincidental that these tweets have very recently become a wee bit more frequent. Hmmm...interesting.

Anyway, I hate Twitter, but I think it's quite ace of them to start connecting with their fans in this manner (I wouldn't expect a private message, but at least they're making an attempt at keeping their fans somewhat in the loop). Assuming of course this is all legit.
Old 01-07-2010, 00:19
Administrator

Isn't it all a bit like 'nur i know about the album but you don't'?, whoever it is doing it. I'd rather wait and get all the information at once. I suppose it's nice someone is making the effort though.

Given nicky's desire to say things he shouldn't sometimes, not sure twitter is the best place for him
Old 01-07-2010, 00:35
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takk View Post
Isn't it all a bit like 'nur i know about the album but you don't'?, whoever it is doing it.
Lovesean?
Old 01-07-2010, 03:47
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

These lyrics (if that's really what they are) remind me of some of my emo+booze-infused Manics parody songs. And that frightens me a bit.

Anyhoo, no reason to abandon all hope already - these bits probably only comprise about 2% of the entire set of lyrics - and I'm sure the rest are better. Because they couldn't be any worse, really.

Wait, does that mean... did James write some words this time around...?

(I know; we haven't read them in context yet.)
Old 01-07-2010, 06:19
Bored out of my mind

I hope James has written some lyrics. I'm sure they will be very good if he has!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 01-07-2010, 07:50
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
I hope James has written some lyrics. I'm sure they will be very good if he has!
I hope he hasn't, Nicky's are much better
Old 01-07-2010, 09:00
Doors slowly closing

I hope this isn't just a marketing thing and we'll be getting 'Chips for dinner in front of the tele, then some hoovering' long after the album campaign is over and done with.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:32
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby View Post
I hope this isn't just a marketing thing and we'll be getting 'Chips for dinner in front of the tele, then some hoovering' long after the album campaign is over and done with.
why, don't you want to be part of the Wire's home activities?!
Old 01-07-2010, 09:43
Doors slowly closing

Don't understand why they made a twitter account for one specific album, rather than one for the band... mind you MSP have never been blessed with the best marketing brains from their label have they?

They follow one person - @FDForum!
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • KoKo 2006 • Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • Roundhouse 2009 • Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • O2 2011 • Rough Trade East 2012 • Shepherds Bush 2013 • Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • Rough Trade East 2014 • Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • Wembley Arena 2018 • Shepherds Bush 2019 • Kingston Pryzm 2021 x2 • Wembley Arena 2021 • Glastonbury 2023 • Alexandra Palace 2024 (40)
Old 01-07-2010, 09:51
Footprint of history

Quote:
p.s. we people from Appreciation should now beware if HE starts using the net...
If by "HE" you mean Nicky, we already know for a fact that he's spent a fair bit of time browsing FD (or at least he did circa 2007).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
the 'xx' one is not Hall. it's more likely Nicky. its a text from a mobile phone and even nicky can use a phone!
That was my thoughts/conclusion as well. It would be good if it was, and the beauty of Twitter is that multiple people can tweet to the same account quite easily, especially from mobile devices.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:14
Desire on its knees

Quote:
it sounds good I think

Code:
Have my expectations gone too far again 
do I have the courage of the books ive read 
I fell back in love with love 
I know that it might sound odd
Wipe those tears away 
keep as still as you can hold your breath 
and dig deep 
now stop those trembling hands
excellent lyrics, Nicky has hit top gear...beautiful...