Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 15-12-2014, 07:45
Knowlede Is Power

was Nigel the guy who looked a bit like Richey?

forever hoping we'll all make our way back...
Old 15-12-2014, 08:52
An imitation of dignity

Pics

Some Pics:

Last edited by Chinster; 15-12-2014 at 08:58.
Old 15-12-2014, 09:36
Doors slowly closing

Really enjoyed it. There was a lot of nattering during the quieter bits of the second set I thought, even though I was quite high up I couldn't hear much of Divine Youth or Sullen Welsh Heart. Aside from Yes, which seemed very slow, THB set was absolutely brilliant.

It's a really lovely venue.
Old 15-12-2014, 09:59
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentouch View Post
Also told some hipster twat to stop talking during 4st 7lb. Beyond insulting to come to a gig like that and talk during a song.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NasalScarecrow View Post
There were people talking at the King Tut's gig which sold out in 30 seconds, people talking at Kate Bush... Unfortunately even gigs with high demand still attract inconsiderate twats.
I don't get people. I've never had to say anything that's so important it couldn't wait till the end of or break in a performance. My most annoying one was Suede at Manchester Academy during Living Dead, told a couple of twats that we were there to hear the band, not them. They were so fucking loud even Brett made a bitchy remark about talking from the stage after and we all did a sarcastic applause. Still, I'm sure in their twatty heads everyone else is wrong and whatever they had to say was utterly vital.
Old 15-12-2014, 10:30
I am purity, they call me perverted

Drunk guys at gigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinster View Post
I'm in bed exhausted. I had a stinking cold yesterday and today. Gave the gig my all and it really took it out of me. Think even my wife was a bit taken aback by how much I let my hair down and just got into the gig. No beer, just music and the whole thing was really very exciting.

Some odd stuff went down. Just before the gig started about 4 guys pushed through and actually split our group of 4. My big mate wasn't too happy and told them to hop it as we had been standing for an hour and a half at that spot on the barrier. They were pissed drunk. Possibly dropped a few tabs of something too. They irritated a bit but mostly managed to ignore them.

Also, just before the gig started 3 guys joined the pit on the other side of the barrier where we were standing. They were all really tall, one was about 6'2. My poor wife struggled for a view after that as did a few other folk. Nowt ya can do though, folk have to stand somewhere, tall or not! I think the problem is that again these were folk who had been in the bar then pushed their way through right to the middle just as the gig started, more or less making space for themselves where previously there had been none.

But gigs, ya know? What can ya do? Just have to try and enjoy it as best you can.
Were you just behind the barrier on the right, facing the stage? A few feet ahead of me if you were; three f**king morons burst in as the second set began, two weren't that bad but the tallest guy was a - again, pardon language, but it's annoys the f*ck out of me at every gig - tallest guy was as much a wanker as Dumb and Dumber To is a crap film.

It happens at almost every gig, you spend ages finding a good spot, then the poeple from the bar muscle in to be near the front, and continually leave to get more beer; a constant parade while the band is playing.

A lot of event junkies especially this time though; f*ckwits talking during any track they didn't know, one girl next to me spent 80% of the gig on her facebook, I guess proving to people she was there, she saw very little of the actual show.
Old 15-12-2014, 11:09
An imitation of dignity

No, I was at the very middle of the middle barrier, there were 4 of us, 2 guys and 2 girls. We weren't too nice to the guys who pushed in with us, seperating our group after we had been standing an hour and a half. After a few strong words they moved over which is just as well as there probably would have been a row. Like I say, they were full drunk though and not really caring about what they were doing.
Old 15-12-2014, 11:12
Desire on its knees

Great gig I thought, band on top form, would have preferred standing but the seats we had were great, don't like have phone out contantly at gigs but had took a couple of short ones:

Donkeys

Postcards From a Young Man

This is Yesterday

Faster

You say : "'Ere thrice the sun done salutation to the dawn"
And you claim these words as your own
But I've read well, and I've heard them said
A hundred times (maybe less, maybe more)

Last edited by dustypete; 15-12-2014 at 12:38.
Old 15-12-2014, 11:27
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrelandCalling4 View Post

A lot of event junkies especially this time though
so is this totally 'a thing' now? people like that definitely weren't around 10 years ago - is it because of they're being so many gigs now post internets/mp3s etc., and loads of people just constantly go to them without necessarily being 'into' the band. I have to say this makes me think of the way anime conventions now often seem to be people cosplaying for the sake of it and not necessarily being 'into' what they're cosplaying as etc. And people talking about being 'into conventions' themselves as opposed to you know, being into anime or manga itself :s.

Old 15-12-2014, 11:32
Knowlede Is Power

btw I think I asked this before and no one had it - but does anyone have a screensaver I made back then? - I uploaded it and I think a fair few ppl downloaded it. It was a vector based (swf) screensaver of lyrics and pics from GT/GATS/THB? I've lost my original of the file and I wouldn't mind getting it again as I quite liked it.

Old 15-12-2014, 11:45
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by baphomet_irl View Post
so is this totally 'a thing' now? people like that definitely weren't around 10 years ago - is it because of they're being so many gigs now post internets/mp3s etc., and loads of people just constantly go to them without necessarily being 'into' the band.
In fairness I do this, sometimes it's nice to just go to see live music whatever it is. As long as you're not being a twat I don't think it matters how into the band you are.

Still, be a bit weird to come to this tour specifically if you weren't really into the Manics. I guess there were some people there who hadn't really followed the band post-THB and had no interest in the second set at all.
Old 15-12-2014, 11:49
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathtub View Post
In fairness I do this, sometimes it's nice to just go to see live music whatever it is. As long as you're not being a twat I don't think it matters how into the band you are.

Still, be a bit weird to come to this tour specifically if you weren't really into the Manics. I guess there were some people there who hadn't really followed the band post-THB and had no interest in the second set at all.
Yeah no you're right - but if they do that and act like twats it is kinda bad.

I actually thought there were also a few people who weren't even into THB, which I was really curious as to why they came - unless there was just loads of people who didn't like singing near me .

Old 15-12-2014, 12:16
I am purity, they call me perverted

THB

Just to clarify, nothing wrong with event junkies; the context of the last page(s) was when a certain segment has no real interest so talk their way through a gig, or act a twat. Honestly, a group of people near us had zero interest; continually talking and on phones, at one point 3 of the group had backs turned away from stage to continue the chat - why bother attend!

Really annoyed the group I was with who actually wished to see and hear the Manics.
Old 15-12-2014, 12:23
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by baphomet_irl View Post
was Nigel the guy who looked a bit like Richey?
Wasn't Nigel the Canadian who typed 'Holy Bible' one day into google in an attempt to troll Christians and decided Manics fans were much more fun to rile up.
Old 15-12-2014, 12:39
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrelandCalling4 View Post
Just to clarify, nothing wrong with event junkies; the context of the last page(s) was when a certain segment has no real interest so talk their way through a gig, or act a twat. Honestly, a group of people near us had zero interest; continually talking and on phones, at one point 3 of the group had backs turned away from stage to continue the chat - why bother attend!

Really annoyed the group I was with who actually wished to see and hear the Manics.
It's ridiculous. I wish people realised how lucky they are to be at these gigs, how many disappointed people there are and actually appreciated em. Or any gigs for that matter. They wouldn't do that at the cinema, why a gig?
Old 15-12-2014, 12:53
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineapple View Post
Wasn't Nigel the Canadian who typed 'Holy Bible' one day into google in an attempt to troll Christians and decided Manics fans were much more fun to rile up.
there was definitely one guy who constantly trolled but I can't remember his nick - i think myself and 'Cackman' used to counter troll/tag-team him the odd time for fun.