Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #931  
Old 13-11-2012, 17:58
starstruck's Avatar
starstruck starstruck is offline
Doors slowly closing
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Home :)
Age: 46
Posts: 9,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarilynRoxie View Post
"Shipped on October 29, 2012. Tracking information is not available for this ship method."
Does anyone else think it is odd that there is no ability to track the package...? If mine doesn't come this week, I will contact them about it.
basically, everyone. they are selling a limited edition thing exclusively.

their approach is :

no courier option.

they hand it to someone who, effectively, just shoves it into normal post.

the people who shove it in normal post ignore any approach or query.

you cannot send to a country different from the one you are in. therefore we could not get friends or relatives in the UK to deliver and send on to us properly.

wait ten days. after waiting ten days be told to wait some more.

all i can suggest is that all of us around the world who haven't got it tweet Nicky?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by proevpete View Post
BTW is that a slightly chubby Bono in your avatar?
blog
Reply With Quote
  #932  
Old 13-11-2012, 18:28
starstruck's Avatar
starstruck starstruck is offline
Doors slowly closing
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Home :)
Age: 46
Posts: 9,183
here's what i have tweeted :

@ManicsPostcards non-uk fans not got deluxe GT, MyPlay offering refunds. very disappointing for your fans around the world

surely if everyone on here with a twatter account sends this then Nicky (or whoever reads them) cannot ignore the problem?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by proevpete View Post
BTW is that a slightly chubby Bono in your avatar?
blog
Reply With Quote
  #933  
Old 13-11-2012, 18:58
allisvanity's Avatar
allisvanity allisvanity is offline
Winterlover
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Walles Valleys
Posts: 5,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by starstruck View Post
here's what i have tweeted :

@ManicsPostcards non-uk fans not got deluxe GT, MyPlay offering refunds. very disappointing for your fans around the world

surely if everyone on here with a twatter account sends this then Nicky (or whoever reads them) cannot ignore the problem?
What's your Twitter name? Even though I'm UK based and have mine, I'll retweet it
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #934  
Old 13-11-2012, 19:01
starstruck's Avatar
starstruck starstruck is offline
Doors slowly closing
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Home :)
Age: 46
Posts: 9,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by allisvanity View Post
What's your Twitter name? Even though I'm UK based and have mine, I'll retweet it
now that's a good question! let me grab my phone.....


leerblueberry is my name on it. i keep calling my blackberry a blueberry or similar.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by proevpete View Post
BTW is that a slightly chubby Bono in your avatar?
blog
Reply With Quote
  #935  
Old 13-11-2012, 19:07
allisvanity's Avatar
allisvanity allisvanity is offline
Winterlover
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Walles Valleys
Posts: 5,655
Cool. Done. It sucks that it hasn't come yet.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #936  
Old 13-11-2012, 19:08
manic pilgrim's Avatar
manic pilgrim manic pilgrim is offline
Freed from the century
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: foggy place north of Milan
Posts: 654
Today I have finally received my copy. It took 12 days only to be delivered and I live 20 Km from the Swiss border!! I cannot even blame the Italian mail because in the meantime I got another vinyl from the UK, despatched on 1.11 and delivered on 5.11.

To all the overseas fans: don't consider it lost. It will take long but in the end you will get it. It goes without saying that this is not service. If I treated my customers like that they would kick me in the ass.
Reply With Quote
  #937  
Old 13-11-2012, 19:36
starstruck's Avatar
starstruck starstruck is offline
Doors slowly closing
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Home :)
Age: 46
Posts: 9,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by manic pilgrim View Post
To all the overseas fans: don't consider it lost. It will take long but in the end you will get it. It goes without saying that this is not service. If I treated my customers like that they would kick me in the ass.
i get what you are saying but i am not going to sit and play "hunt the parcel" on the phone for hours every week. by any standard of basic, conventional airmail this has taken far too long.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by proevpete View Post
BTW is that a slightly chubby Bono in your avatar?
blog
Reply With Quote
  #938  
Old 13-11-2012, 19:47
manic pilgrim's Avatar
manic pilgrim manic pilgrim is offline
Freed from the century
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: foggy place north of Milan
Posts: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by starstruck View Post
i get what you are saying but i am not going to sit and play "hunt the parcel" on the phone for hours every week. by any standard of basic, conventional airmail this has taken far too long.
I agree but the way they handled the shipping is not conventional at all. They just made a big mess so I think you should not expect to get it in standard airmail time.
Reply With Quote
  #939  
Old 13-11-2012, 20:03
Embla Claymore's Avatar
Embla Claymore Embla Claymore is offline
Bored of being bored
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,758
@Starstruck: would you eventually have a postman deliver it to your door (or leave a pick up note in case no one is there to collect the package) or do you have to check with the post office yourself?

Last edited by Embla Claymore; 13-11-2012 at 20:07.
Reply With Quote
  #940  
Old 13-11-2012, 20:11
Lancashire Potter Lancashire Potter is offline
I am purity, they call me perverted
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 368
327 + shipping

Mine came very late too (more than 2 weeks to Germany, usually it's only a few days), but finally it arrived and saved me 300 Pounds:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MANIC-STRE...item257755d5d8
That's the craziest bidding I've ever seen on ebay, even Suicide Alley usually goes for less than that.
Reply With Quote
  #941  
Old 13-11-2012, 20:13
hummingbird's Avatar
hummingbird hummingbird is offline
Builder of routine
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: in a quiet corner
Posts: 18,793
Are they sending these parcels airmail or by truck? Two weeks to germany??

Lots of these showing up on ebay. Looks like people bought em just to sell on. Tsk.
Reply With Quote
  #942  
Old 13-11-2012, 20:15
starstruck's Avatar
starstruck starstruck is offline
Doors slowly closing
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Home :)
Age: 46
Posts: 9,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Embla Claymore View Post
@Starstruck: would you eventually have a postman deliver it to your door (or leave a pick up note in case no one is there to collect the package) or do you have to check with the post office yourself?
no chance of getting it delivered to my door. there is no street delivery here, so i usually get everything sent to my PO Box and have no issue. they insisted on a street address, which made me assume they were sending this courier or at least with tracking details. that's why i gave my work address.

there is no "local" or nearby post office that they would send it to either, so if it does (or did) turn up, i would have to trek off to the main sorting office or "hub" as they call it, taking at least a half day off work to get it.

a pretty hopeless situation, alas.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by proevpete View Post
BTW is that a slightly chubby Bono in your avatar?
blog
Reply With Quote
  #943  
Old 13-11-2012, 20:17
hummingbird's Avatar
hummingbird hummingbird is offline
Builder of routine
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: in a quiet corner
Posts: 18,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by starstruck View Post
no chance of getting it delivered to my door. there is no street delivery here, so i usually get everything sent to my PO Box and have no issue. they insisted on a street address, which made me assume they were sending this courier or at least with tracking details. that's why i gave my work address.

there is no "local" or nearby post office that they would send it to either, so if it does (or did) turn up, i would have to trek off to the main sorting office or "hub" as they call it, taking at least a half day off work to get it.

a pretty hopeless situation, alas.
Is that for all your mail or just parcels? I'd hate to have to go trekking to the post office to just end up with junk mail
Reply With Quote
  #944  
Old 13-11-2012, 20:21
starstruck's Avatar
starstruck starstruck is offline
Doors slowly closing
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Home :)
Age: 46
Posts: 9,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
Is that for all your mail or just parcels? I'd hate to have to go trekking to the post office to just end up with junk mail
just for things sent to a street address in a country that does not have street delivery. hence me having a PO Box, which if i had been allowed by their system to use for delivery would have meant that it would be logged on arrival and i would have no bother. not once in 12 or so years of ordering online has anything due to my PO Box gone missing.

i do do that think where you mark junk mail "return to sender", only attaching a brick wrapped in brown paper to it. they have to pay for the extra postage, and i must say i seldom get junk mail from the same place twice. a lot easier than phoning them and telling them to fuck off.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by proevpete View Post
BTW is that a slightly chubby Bono in your avatar?
blog
Reply With Quote
  #945  
Old 13-11-2012, 20:30
Embla Claymore's Avatar
Embla Claymore Embla Claymore is offline
Bored of being bored
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by starstruck View Post
just for things sent to a street address in a country that does not have street delivery.
Wait, what?!
There are no postmen?! I'll reconsider the sad state of my country then!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.