Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 13-01-2012, 22:10
I live to fall asleep

"All the Manics songs sound the same"

In my real life I have a gorgeous other half. She is incredibly attentive - she cooks, cleans, irons - all the things that a good wife does for her man. There is only one problem: she doesn't like the Manics (or as she says she doesn't understand the attraction!! Put the pitchforks away you guys in Appreciation!)

Anyhow 5 seconds ago we were talking about Muse as one of their tunes came on the TV and she said, and I quote, "I don't really like Muse. They sound a bit samey. JUST LIKE THE MANICS - ALL THE MANICS SONGS SOUND THE SAME"

I am in shock.

It's over.
Old 13-01-2012, 22:12
Stretched out in the sun

TROLL IN THE DUNGEON.
Old 13-01-2012, 22:17
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Korda View Post
TROLL IN THE DUNGEON.
To back up my argument see this thread exactly one year ago: http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/for...ad.php?t=55579
Old 13-01-2012, 22:18
Builder of routine

she might have a point...
Old 13-01-2012, 22:21
I am purity, they call me perverted

I am in the EXACT same situation. Before he met me, my boyfriend confessed to liking a couple of Manics songs, Your Love Alone and It's Not War etc. But now he absolutely hates them just because he knows I love them more than him... but the other day I asked, WHAT exactly is the problem with them, and he said, all the songs sound the same! I don't understand how anyone can think that for example, Yes sounds anything LIKE S.Y.M.M or Glasnost or Your Love Alone or how anyone could think La Tristesse sounds anything like ifwhiteamerica and I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND. He must not have ears.
Old 13-01-2012, 22:25
Stretched out in the sun

Perhaps she'd like them more if she didn't cook, clean, or iron as much.
Old 13-01-2012, 22:28
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
"All the Manics songs sound the same."
"Pink Floyd are just noise."

I've heard them all, what music does she listen to anyway? Tit for tat never works, but everything sounds the same if there's a quantity! Has she only really heard them when you've dragged her along to the gigs?
Otherwise, I suggest a mixtape or just grin and bear it.
Old 13-01-2012, 22:31
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by harriet View Post
I am in the EXACT same situation. Before he met me, my boyfriend confessed to liking a couple of Manics songs, Your Love Alone and It's Not War etc. But now he absolutely hates them just because he knows I love them more than him...
Woah! Been there! It didn't work out. Only back then I was being placed second to Richey who she'd never met (And was getting offers from someone to sleep with her in return for a pick "Richey owned").
Thankfully it sounds like your relationship can survive, I'd just keep the Manics to yourself and find things the two of you liked.

I'll be back with another caller after these short messages, keep it here on FMFFM.
Old 13-01-2012, 22:54
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
Woah! Been there! It didn't work out. Only back then I was being placed second to Richey who she'd never met (And was getting offers from someone to sleep with her in return for a pick "Richey owned").
Thankfully it sounds like your relationship can survive, I'd just keep the Manics to yourself and find things the two of you liked.

I'll be back with another caller after these short messages, keep it here on FMFFM.
Like a true agony aunt. We have plenty of other things in common but it's hit a point where he just slags off Nicky in front of me and IT REALLY HURTS *cries*
Old 13-01-2012, 22:54
Doors slowly closing

All my posts here since 2007 are the same

It echoes what I've moaned about for years - and you better believe I'm not going to pass up the opportunity to do it again!

Two repetitive verses, three big signposted choruses and a token guitar solo. Same formula over and over. They were only going to be able to keep it up for so many years before everyone noticed. It was alright for four albums, as fans we were all too blinkered to notice it for another three - and then came SATT...

The final quarter of National Treasures is hell.
Old 13-01-2012, 23:00
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by harriet View Post
Like a true agony aunt. We have plenty of other things in common but it's hit a point where he just slags off Nicky in front of me and IT REALLY HURTS *cries*
I was the same with Richey and it caused tension. Make him the focus for a bit, and explain what the band means to you. I'm sure the world is big enough for the two of you. And now here's the news coming up at 11, but we'll be back on FMFFM with some John Coltrannnnnne
Old 14-01-2012, 02:28
An imitation of dignity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby View Post
It echoes what I've moaned about for years - and you better believe I'm not going to pass up the opportunity to do it again!

Two repetitive verses, three big signposted choruses and a token guitar solo. Same formula over and over. They were only going to be able to keep it up for so many years before everyone noticed. It was alright for four albums, as fans we were all too blinkered to notice it for another three - and then came SATT...

The final quarter of National Treasures is hell.
"We don't demand originality because we think it's worthless." - it's what Richey would have wanted!
Old 14-01-2012, 05:40
An imitation of dignity

Not gonna lie, I get So Why So Sad confused with Faster sometimes.
Old 14-01-2012, 08:58
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Images Of Perfection View Post
Not gonna lie, I get So Why So Sad confused with Faster sometimes.
A new game... blatantly dissimilar Manics songs combinations!

I always confuse Fragments and Revol.

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---
Old 14-01-2012, 09:26
Doors slowly closing

4st 7lb and I Think I Found It have almost exactly the same melody and pretty similar lyrics.