Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 21-02-2017, 13:48
Freed from the century

Tolerate Video - Intro Music?

So I'm sat at work nursing a hangover and decide to stick on Your Love Alone on YouTube to try and rally myself for the rest of the afternoon. The song ends and the next video begins playing. I heard the sound of a music of a toy music box before the familiar weird guitar sound of Tolerate kicks in. I click the tab back to YouTube and spot its the official video.

I've watched the video for Tolerate a million times and never noticed it before and don't have a clue what the song is thats playing. I'm guessing its going to be a direct reference to the Spanish Civil War. Is it some sort of POUM anthem perhaps?

Does anyone know please?
Old 26-03-2017, 17:30
I am purity, they call me perverted

The Internationale

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Internationale

I've always thought it quite beautiful that they chose that. Tolerate is such a towering sentiment and every choice within and surrounding it speaks of the same breadth of historic emotion.
Old 26-03-2017, 21:29
I live to fall asleep

I never knew this, I thought it was just a random little song on the kids music box. Learn something every day! I feel like watching a bunch of Manics videos now, gonna pop in the National Treasures DVD!
Old 28-03-2017, 16:05
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marat Sar View Post
The Internationale

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Internationale

I've always thought it quite beautiful that they chose that. Tolerate is such a towering sentiment and every choice within and surrounding it speaks of the same breadth of historic emotion.
Course it is.

Massive thanks!