Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 02-02-2017, 19:46
I am purity, they call me perverted

Gigography.

Hey all, how accurate is the FD Gigography index? Simon Price's book claims Richey played his first gig with the band in Swansea Uni but the first gig in that venue (according to the gigography) was 1990? Is there a chance the index may missed an earlier gig?
Old 02-02-2017, 21:30
Mr Msppedia

Quite possibly! The gigography is a work in progress (as is all of MSPpedia really) and 86-90 is a bit of a blackspot. I keep finding random dates and know there's quite a few more out there to discover so that could well be one of them. One of the Manics biographies (think it's Nailed To History) out there states Richey's first gig as 11/12/89 but yet to find confirmation if or where they played that day.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:16
Winterlover

Wasn't his first appearance during a closer of Sorrow 16? I'm sure a (bad) recording exists somewhere online.
Old 06-02-2017, 17:55
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

I think the issue is also clouded by the fact that Richey was effectively the band's roadie before officially joining the line up...

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 09-02-2017, 10:23
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHR View Post
Hey all, how accurate is the FD Gigography index? Simon Price's book claims Richey played his first gig with the band in Swansea Uni but the first gig in that venue (according to the gigography) was 1990? Is there a chance the index may missed an earlier gig?
It's the discography at the back of Everything that annoys me. According to that the red Roses 7" was pink and there wasn't a Landslide 7". Also claims there's a Gold Against The Soul picture disc and a standard Holy Bible vinyl.

God I haven't touched this book for ages, wonder if any of the websites listed have survived.
Old 01-03-2017, 00:33
Mr Msppedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHR View Post
Finally found an earlier date, November 25th 1989 at Swansea Uni Mandela Bar whilst supporting Mega City Four

Last edited by MSPKYE; 01-03-2017 at 00:37.