Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 16-01-2021, 15:38
Born to end

I’ve just signed back in here for the first time since December 2010 it said. Must be some sort of record!

I LOVED the Podcast and it re-ignited my love for the Manics that’s always been there. What it did do is make me revisit some of the later albums that I only listened to a couple of times and then literally shelved. Some of the, for me, lesser known tracks on Futurology and Rewind the Film have become ‘new’ songs for me.
Old 18-01-2021, 10:15
Doors slowly closing

I am very happy to hear the next subject for the podcast.

Based on the Manics’ categorisation, if I was in the ‘Adam’ camp for the Manics (‘mega fan’), I’d be closer to being a ‘Steve’ for ... the new subject of the podcast. I do have all the studio albums on CD, a few singles and bits’n’pieces, but not all b-sides or live releases (bar one), so I’d say I’m familiar with the work but it’s not an all-consuming fandom.

I half-want next year’s to be some band or artist I haven’t heard anything of, so I can be the ‘Lucas’, for the ‘full set’, as it were...

So yeah, if you haven’t heard who they are covering, go check out the news! I said news! (*it’s not Huey Lewis and the...).

And Adam/chieftan mews*, good luck to you and Lucas and Steve with the new season of the podcast, I am very much looking forward to it.

*(I said mews - it’s not Cat Stevens!)

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---
Old 18-01-2021, 10:30
Builder of routine

Is it worth starting a new thread in Other Music though I'll skip this one cos don't like them past the first 3 albums. Rambling on for hours on them naaah

Last edited by hummingbird; 18-01-2021 at 10:34.
Old 18-01-2021, 13:45
I am purity, they call me perverted

This will be interesting. I'm a fan of their earlier work, but anything post their 2006 album came across as a parody of themselves (at least at the time). I will look forward to listening again with a fresh perspective.
Old 18-01-2021, 14:43
Builder of routine

Are you aMUSEd ? I like it
Old 18-01-2021, 18:26
Desire on its knees

70 percent of the podcast will be bleeped

I'm going to listen because I love the podcast so far. I tried to listen to their first album and I just hear mediocrity. Hopefully I'll develop an appreciation
Nothing is secure but life, transition, the energizing spirit. No love can be bound by oath or covenant to secure it against a higher love. No truth so sublime but it may be trivial tomorrow in the light of new thoughts. People wish to be settled; only as far as they are unsettled is there any hope for them.
Old 18-01-2021, 22:57
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Chieftan mews doing a Muse podcast? There was probably a more obvious choice given the username!

Too bad the podcast didn't click with me in the two minutes of banter I listened to and thought enough. There is an overlap of the two band's fandom in the 30-35 age bracket for some reason. It might worth doing a comparative episode though I imagine depression might kick in after the 2nd Law. I keep hoping the quality might return with each album release but Matt Bellamy is a lazy musician who barely churns out 10 songs out every three years and overcompensates with over produced live shows where tiny charismaless peanut man pretends to be a popstar.

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 20-01-2021, 14:44

Wow! Thanks for the support everyone! Looking forward to being on a different end of the spectrum for this one. Honestly, though, it's the same podcast, so if you didn't vibe with the first, you may not with the second.

However, if you just plain aren't fussed about Muse, neither am I! So come join me on that one!

If another thread is set up I'll come join you guys, for sure
Old 20-01-2021, 18:46
Builder of routine

I'll listen to the first episode ...I did like Showbiz. Might even have been one my favourite albums that year .....I'll keep an eye on what guests turn up too. Will there be someone even cooler than 'oi sheeny'

Last edited by hummingbird; 20-01-2021 at 18:50.
Old 20-01-2021, 21:13
I live to fall asleep

So oddly I've read most of the comments on all the pages before deciding to listen to a second of this. Been quite a journey reading it all! Then going to page 1 and clicking on the link, it doesn't work... anyone help at all? Thanks in advance.
Old 20-01-2021, 21:27
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

One interesting note, Faster has appeared in the setlists of music played over the PA before Muse gigs. Not sure if anyone famous could be approached, but definitely try some of their current and former road crew. Maybe try contacting Tom Kirk who is the band's professional friend who does bits and pieces for the band and occasionally interacts with/trolls the fan base on twitter. He seems like the type who might either get on board or possibly even tweet about the podcast.

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 21-01-2021, 06:23
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlasting View Post
So oddly I've read most of the comments on all the pages before deciding to listen to a second of this. Been quite a journey reading it all! Then going to page 1 and clicking on the link, it doesn't work... anyone help at all? Thanks in advance.
Just search for “What is Music?” Or “Do You Love Us?” on the web or on whatever podcast platform you like and you should find the feed easily enough. They just changed the name, but the feed is the same.

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---
Old 21-01-2021, 12:46

Ah yes, that link won't work anymore will it... silly me.

whatismusic.buzzsprout.com
Old 21-01-2021, 14:54
I live to fall asleep

Thanks. Listened to a few so far over the last few hours on my day off work. Good stuff Gonna listen to the interview with Greg Haver and Dave Eringa later on and then maybe the last two albums as I really like them a lot.
Old 08-02-2021, 09:44
I live to fall asleep

Know you're on the Muse train now but... Did you ever ask Wade Barrett on as a guest?

Twitter!

"To the hideousness of nineteenth-century industrialization is added the desolation of twentieth-century obsolescence. The Black Country looks like Ceaucescu's Romania with fast food outlets."
Theodore Dalrymple