Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 15-01-2021, 23:13
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
On the subject - anyone remember back when the a small clip of the solo from Intravenous Agnostic on the website was pretty much all we had to go on for what Know Your Enemy was going to sound like?
Best bit of the KYE era for me (and I love the album!). If that had any sense they'd put that animation with the lightening back onto manics.co.uk to advertise the reissue. If I remember right they added more and more lyrics from the album onto the animation as it got closer to the release date. Great days.

I don't have a recording sorry (only the previously mentioned fantastic acoustic version) but I remember the rumour was that Sean refused to do it again due to being too knackered for the rest of the gig. Fair enough really.
Old 16-01-2021, 13:25
I am purity, they call me perverted

Where can one find the acoustic version?
Old Yesterday, 13:35
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glyn View Post
Best bit of the KYE era for me (and I love the album!). If that had any sense they'd put that animation with the lightening back onto manics.co.uk to advertise the reissue. If I remember right they added more and more lyrics from the album onto the animation as it got closer to the release date. Great days.

I don't have a recording sorry (only the previously mentioned fantastic acoustic version) but I remember the rumour was that Sean refused to do it again due to being too knackered for the rest of the gig. Fair enough really.
I agree, I used to love logging onto the old official website every day just to watch that lightning storm and the bit of guitar solo playing