Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 25-02-2019, 01:01
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
There was a lot of rubbish in the car when it was found .... food wrappers and such? Could have also had someone else's bridge ticket picked up of the floor at the service station. Do they have CCTV to go with the time?
The bridge ticket was found at his flat. But had there been CCTV it wouldn't have told them anything cept he was on his way to his flat Mind, had they clocked him on some it would have cleared up the mistake over the time wouldn't it? I don't think the police even looked at what footage there was from the bridge for 2 years did they? And when they did there was nothing though the quality was very poor anyway. Maybe that's why they hadn't bothered before but even so it sounds like they were half hearted in their attempts to locate him or would certainly have given that impression

More broadly if SHR was asking for other tickets during the time she was writing the book it could just have been because they'd been wondering about the time format and wanted to cross check it with a few different tickets. However it came about it was ultimately confirmed to have been based on a 24 hour clock by the manufacturer wasn't it?

So far, the ticket seems to be the only genuine bit of thought to have gone into the book

Along with the Escape doc mentioned there's an old interview in Q magazine in which Martin Hall talks about taking a call from James to say he couldn't get any answer from Richey's room so Hall had come to the hotel and asked for the door to be opened then sat in there for a while hoping he'd maybe show up there....before he started making calls to see if anyone had heard from him and I think the management company were given access to his personal contacts so they could try everyone who may possibly have heard or seen sight of him. The only thing I can imply is that the fact James went on to the US as scheduled meant that whilst there was of course concern from the moment James couldn't get a reply there wasn't real anxiety until it became apparent no one had heard from him and after 24 hours a missing persons report was filed as is absolutely what should be done in such circumstances. Yet the book seems to imply that there's an Agatha Christie mystery surrounding who was at the hotel, when, who entered the room first, when, who is 'Vivian' only once briefly alluded to in 23 years, never again asked about and now apparently the subject of amnesia on the part of the band and missing from all known records..as if it's a potential bloody crime scene .....Sure it serves a purpose to make it a talking point, imply there is still scope for an investigation to not be just left on the back burner but it's also very disingenuous
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more," - Byron

'I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.' (from Sea Fever - John Masefield)

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all" - Emily Dickinson

Last edited by raven; 25-02-2019 at 01:06.
Old 25-02-2019, 17:58
Builder of routine

My memory is shocking for particulars. Just assumed the ticket was left in the car I'm old.
Old 25-02-2019, 18:31
Born to end

I have a copy. Most shocking info is the tracklisting Richey wrote downfor Gold Against The Soul:
1. From despair to where?
2. Drug drug druggy
3. Sleepflower
4. Nostalgic pushead
5. life becoming a landslide
6. Gold against the soul
7. Roses in the hospital
8; Symphony of tourette
9. La tristesse durera
10. Yourself
Old 25-02-2019, 19:35
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by baleofhey View Post
1. From despair to where?
2. Drug drug druggy
3. Sleepflower
4. Nostalgic pushead
5. life becoming a landslide
6. Gold against the soul
7. Roses in the hospital
8; Symphony of tourette
9. La tristesse durera
10. Yourself
Good grief! I thought the guitarist in my band had no idea how to sequence an album, but hes got nothing on Richey!
Old 25-02-2019, 19:39
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

The original sequence isn't great either unless you're like me and skip the last three tracks....

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 25-02-2019, 19:47
I am purity, they call me perverted

That track listing is definitely a valuable piece of evidence concerning the whereabouts of Richey. He even starts off with the question we ask ourselves.

The book title with "Richey MANIC" in it really grates. I can see myself walking around the discount bookshops with a bottle of Tippex and a Sharpie.
Old 25-02-2019, 20:34
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
The original sequence isn't great either unless you're like me and skip the last three tracks....
Well, if they'd been the first 3 you may have given up completely...
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more," - Byron

'I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.' (from Sea Fever - John Masefield)

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all" - Emily Dickinson
Old 25-02-2019, 22:15
Winterlover

I have the book but no idea where to start filling you all in, I will just say for now that it is making me want to give up on life entirely and I cannot bear the thought that the band have had to see any of this utterly horrifying shite
Old 25-02-2019, 22:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofarsideways View Post
I have the book but no idea where to start filling you all in, I will just say for now that it is making me want to give up on life entirely and I cannot bear the thought that the band have had to see any of this utterly horrifying shite
As long as there's nothing awful like anti-Semitism in it, I'm sure it'll be forgiveable.
Old 25-02-2019, 23:09
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Quote:
I appreciate your suffering and hope you can find stuff to cheer you away from the pages.
So anyway, is the launch date still put back? There's no way I will buy it as I'd see the price and think "Nah, fuck that, I can get better enjoyment for that money".

I can't even offer shoulder to cry but appreciate how unhappy and angry you'll be when finished it.
Maybe you could see it as the ultimate test? Haha! Chin up and have a great year!
Old 25-02-2019, 23:55
Banned

Has this book basically been released, then? Plenty of people seem to be getting copies of it, despite the official publication date being pushed back time and again.
Old 25-02-2019, 23:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocitygirl View Post
Has this book basically been released, then? Plenty of people seem to be getting copies of it, despite the official publication date being pushed back time and again.
They're all from non-UK initial sources. Dublin mostly, but also Netherlands.
Old 26-02-2019, 08:09
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Fair play to you for getting it. Gutted that's its as bad as most of us feared.
I just can't bring myself to pay for it but I am admittedly very intrigued.
What an evil piece of crap SHR is. She's a boring boring person as well judging by Facebook, so this is howfbshe gets her kicks!
Old 26-02-2019, 09:37
Winterlover

I just want to say right now that this book is 100% gunning for the band, Nicky in particular, and includes gross invasion of Richey’s privacy, including reproduction of some of his notes taken in hospital. God knows I understand wanting to read it and know what we’re dealing with, but I’d try and find a way around first hand purchase if you can. It’s absolutely vile.
Old 26-02-2019, 09:54
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Anything in particular worth pointing out?

Stand back, I have political powers!