Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 21-07-2014, 17:32
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofarsideways View Post
I enjoy Nicky's fashion disasters so much that I spend a considerable chunk of my life putting together me-sized recreations of them
Feel free to post your own Manics-inspired fashion disasters!
Old 21-07-2014, 18:07
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffenS View Post
I dunno but I've always thought that JDB tends to wear very loose fitting clothing (specially before they release the RTF) that make him look like a big potatos bag, also he looks shorter than he really is. If I were their image consultant (JDB and SM) they would have surely beaten Sheeran on the charts. :3 By Glasto gig he looked quite uncomfortable because of his loose blazer, jacket anyway.
I'd say that James has actually gone towards wearing tighter fitting clothing. Everytime i've seen him, he's been wearing slim fit jeans and pretty tight fitting shirts, but then wears a loose fitting blazer which can look quite odd

JDB = legend
Old 21-07-2014, 18:39
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozzer View Post
I'd say that James has actually gone towards wearing tighter fitting clothing. Everytime i've seen him, he's been wearing slim fit jeans and pretty tight fitting shirts, but then wears a loose fitting blazer which can look quite odd
James quite short and stocky though so it's a hard shape to dress as I'm similar shape though obviously from a woman's perspective. Too baggy makes you look like a sack of spuds but too tight emphasises short legs and any overhang
Old 21-07-2014, 19:05
Winterlover

Old 21-07-2014, 21:01
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract Unknown Girl View Post
Sean's tartan suit was an er, interesting experiment.

No THIS WAS AMAZING.
Old 21-07-2014, 21:13
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren--c View Post
that is a little disturbing
Old 21-07-2014, 21:37
Freed from the century

I found the hamster coat:

2001-2005 appear to be full of dark moments.

2014 - April 11 - O2 Academy Brixton, London
2014 - April 12 - O2 Academy Brixton, London
Old 21-07-2014, 22:52
Builder of routine

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlesue View Post
James quite short and stocky though so it's a hard shape to dress as I'm similar shape though obviously from a woman's perspective. Too baggy makes you look like a sack of spuds but too tight emphasises short legs and any overhang
I didn't like that military jacket he wore at Glasto.. the badges and pockets made it look huge on him
Old 21-07-2014, 22:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren--c View Post
Don't have nightmares..
Old 21-07-2014, 23:00
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofarsideways View Post
I enjoy Nicky's fashion disasters so much that I spend a considerable chunk of my life putting together me-sized recreations of them

James once told me he got his 'best-ever jumper' from Hanley market (in Stoke), and I have always hoped he meant the rainbow monstrosity from the first post in this thread. Looks like standard Hanley market fare tbh.
RACH, PLS, I NEED THAT JUMPER
Rough Trade, London - 2012
Rewind The Film Tour Bristol/London/Manchester/Glasgow - 2013
BBC 6 Music - Maida Vale Studios - 2013
Futurology Tour 2014 - Leeds/Cardiff/Leicester/Manchester/Brighton/Brixton x2/Bruxelles/Luxembourg
Rough Trade - 2014
London Acoustic Guitar Show Olympia, London - 2014
BBC Mastertapes, The Holy Bible special - Maida Vale Studios - 2014
The Holy Bible Tour 2014 - Glasgow/Manchester x2/London x2
The Holy Bible Tour 2015 - Southampton/Cardiff/On Blackheath
EMG20 2016 - Bruxelles/Liverpool/Birmingham/London x2/Glasgow/Swansea/Portsmouth
Old 22-07-2014, 03:42

Quote:
Might have been the exact same clothes though, if you get my drift. Apart from the blazers, of course. And that military jacket he wore at Glasto made me think "Lufthansa pilot".

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post

that is a little disturbing
Indeed. This is just... wrong! So why so sad, Nicky? And wtf is that thing on his head?!? Manics and hats - a combination bound to end up in catastrophe. And if they do get it right about once every decade and actually pick hats that suit them (like the one on the left), their eclectic combinations with other pieces of clothing are sure to spoil it (the picture on the right isn't really that bad, but in the video it does look a bit weird).

Really, I'm starting to think we should open a separate thread for Manic Hat Disasters. This one looks like James is "wearing" a towel:

Well, just in case they ever run out of ideas to torture our aesthetic sensibilities with, here are some suggestions:

Last edited by LadyWoodbee; 22-07-2014 at 03:45.
Old 22-07-2014, 03:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
I found the hamster coat:

2001-2005 appear to be full of dark moments.
Not for Reinhold Messner, because this picture proves he was right all along - the Yeti does exist!!! When you mentioned a "skinned hamster coat" (you didn't say whether it was Nicky or James) I braced myself for a tough battle lying ahead because I thought you might mean the one below. I was prepared to take on everyone who dared to deny that this is by far the cutest, cuddliest, sweetest ball of fur EVER!!! Who needs Furby when you can have JDB? (Well, we can't really have him, but merely looking at him is better than owning a whole Furby factory.)

Old 22-07-2014, 05:13
An imitation of dignity

Quote:
This has got to be one of their best group shots ever. Look at Sean's slippers! It's not only their clothes, though; the expressions on their faces clearly show that they were having a lovely day and enjoyed posing for the camera.
Who said that commies can't pose for Vanity Fair?

Quote:
Is your grandpa still single? Or your maths teacher, for that matter? I mean, without the glasses... not so bad. I do like the beard.
Lol,You've got a crush on him, you have lacked a father figure... I'm jocking . Even if my grandpa and math teacher are single I don't thik they are as charming as James could be. You know, they do not write any kind of nice music. As a man I can say that in recent times James's looking well, I think so. I do not like beards on people who don't need it.

Quote:
And it is James in this one, right? He looks so.... different...?
Quote:
He doesn't look like James just because of his East-Asian type eyes, i don't know. JDB's chameleon-like eyes have gradually changed over time. In the first Manics' pics James used to cross the eyes, after that he appeared blue-eyed. When I watched the video for Tolerate for the first time i got used to the idea that was his natural eyes colour (up to that time I've only seen the video for Motorcycle) .
Old 22-07-2014, 05:17
An imitation of dignity

Quote:
You're right, he has made a real progress with is wardrobe, skninny jeans and tight shirts make him look even more spirited, energetic and younger but that loose jacket ruins everything.
Old 22-07-2014, 05:19
An imitation of dignity

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyWoodbee View Post
Oh, so this must be the photographic evidence of the "sailor suit incident" he's talking about in this video? The counterpart being this one here?

Lol..thank you for this link, Yuo've made my day, didn't know there was a video about it