Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 02-05-2014, 16:42
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlands_Junk View Post
Only just seen this. Erm, what is it and why?
hahahaha I love this man!

Old 02-05-2014, 17:58
Doors slowly closing

What...the...FUCK...is...this?!
Old 02-05-2014, 21:12
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmartyr View Post
I'd love to do a whole thing but only did the end...

Old 03-05-2014, 21:25
Winterlover

Old 04-05-2014, 17:09
Doors slowly closing

Quote:

he looks stoned hahahaha

Old 05-05-2014, 12:00
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:

haha, you could incorporate the JDB walk into almost anything - He could be the next meme sensation.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:27
I live to fall asleep

Quote:

WITH GRACE WE WILL SUFFER
WITH GRACE WE SHALL RECOVER

Old 05-07-2014, 21:39
Freed from the century

One thing I've always liked about James is that he seems so uncomfortable in photoshoots and promo stuff. That being said, promoters do make them do some really naff stuff.
Old 21-07-2014, 04:58

Hahaha!!! I only discovered this gem a couple of days ago and my reaction was pretty much the same as yours: what the hell is this? I actually posted something about it in another thread (don't remember which) because I hadn't seen this thread yet! It must have been recorded during his solo promo tour, and I guess the guy he's so happy about seeing is probably some industry guy from Berlin. The funny thing is that I'm quite sure I know him/have seen him before! I've been racking my brains for days now, but I just can't come up with the name or where I know him from. I do have a suspicion, though; gonna check that later on today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondgoodandevil View Post
He's not even walking about in the interesting parts of the city. It looks like a call centre. Inexplicable European promo video for...what?
I wrote in the other thread that it's the area around Potsdamer Platz, which seems to be his favourite hangout in Germany, considering all the pics in the Futurology booklet and all the interview mentions. It is a place tourists go to, of course, but it really isn't that spectacular. My theory why he keeps hanging out there is that the Manics probably stay in the Hyatt when they're in Berlin, which is where he seems to be coming from in the very beginning of the video. I recognize the buildings and the roads and all that because I walk past it about 5 times a week. There's a cinema showing films in English just around the corner, too - maybe he's going to catch a movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
Have to follow that route if I ever go to Berlin!
Believe me, you don't...

Last edited by LadyWoodbee; 21-07-2014 at 05:02.
Old 21-07-2014, 12:08
An imitation of dignity

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyWoodbee View Post

I wrote in the other thread that it's the area around Potsdamer Platz, which seems to be his favourite hangout in Germany, considering all the pics in the Futurology booklet and all the interview mentions. It is a place tourists go to, of course, but it really isn't that spectacular. My theory why he keeps hanging out there is that the Manics probably stay in the Hyatt when they're in Berlin, which is where he seems to be coming from in the very beginning of the video. I recognize the buildings and the roads and all that because I walk past it about 5 times a week. There's a cinema showing films in English just around the corner, too - maybe he's going to catch a
And the Hansa record Studio is there as well. It's Köthener Straße 36. I lived in number 32 for some time. Back then Potsdamer Platz was My fave place to hang around...good old times...
Old 21-07-2014, 17:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by richey's eyeliner View Post
And the Hansa record Studio is there as well. It's Köthener Straße 36. I lived in number 32 for some time. Back then Potsdamer Platz was My fave place to hang around...good old times...
REALLY?!? I didn't know that - feeling slightly embarrassed now! For some reason I always thought Hansa was in Schöneberg; probably because that's where Bowie used to live, and since Hansa is famous for Bowie having recorded there...

Now I'm feeling even more disappointed about never having run into JDB/the Manics at/around Potsdamer Platz. They must have spent like 10 years of their lives there if you add it all up! Probably went shopping at H&M and the Swarovski shop in the Potsdamer Platz Arkaden, too!
Old 21-07-2014, 18:17
Knowlede Is Power

Sony Music Berlin is around the corner as well.

I remember this being part of a press kit in 2006, with interview-snippets about his solo-album.
German music sites had the interviews up. The walking-footage is probably some extra if a TV station wants to cut something together. Can't remember seeing it on TV though.

This was a part of the interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_dyTkzT1Es
Old 22-07-2014, 00:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley_Girl View Post
Sony Music Berlin is around the corner as well.

I remember this being part of a press kit in 2006, with interview-snippets about his solo-album.
German music sites had the interviews up. The walking-footage is probably some extra if a TV station wants to cut something together. Can't remember seeing it on TV though.

This was a part of the interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_dyTkzT1Es

They probably never showed any of it on the telly. 2006... I think German music television had pretty much stopped existing by then - not that they'd actually been on it much before that, mind. The only one that was a bit more "alternative" had died years before, hadn't it (VivaZwei and whatever that short-lived one after it was called).

Thanks for the interview link - 2006 was a particularly enjoyable hair year for the big J, in my humble opinion.