Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 24-07-2007, 20:45
Knowlede Is Power

Bottom (couldn't fit all in the scanner) of NME ad for THB, no mention of a standard vinyl release...

Old 24-07-2007, 21:06
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2 View Post
Bottom (couldn't fit all in the scanner) of NME ad for THB, no mention of a standard vinyl release...

It doesn't mention a standard cd release either though?
Old 24-07-2007, 21:16
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takk View Post
It doesn't mention a standard cd release either though?

Wasn't the standard issue (i.e. non pic) the later reissue?
Old 24-07-2007, 21:25
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Wasn't the standard issue (i.e. non pic) the later reissue?
no. the non-pic disc CD version was available around the same time. the way to differentiate this version from the "nice price" version is the side print on the back insert. the non-pic disc CD version has the same font as the rest of the album (ie the reversed R's) whereas the nice price version has the generic Sony font. a friend of mine has the original standard version.
Old 24-07-2007, 21:26
Desire on its knees

Quote:

wow, i had forgotten that it was released 2 days after my 20th birthday!

jeez, i feel old.
Old 24-07-2007, 21:29
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scum Factor View Post
no. the non-pic disc CD version was available around the same time. the way to differentiate this version from the "nice price" version is the side print on the back insert. the non-pic disc CD version has the same font as the rest of the album (ie the reversed R's) whereas the nice price version has the generic Sony font. a friend of mine has the original standard version.
Yeah I have both of them.
Old 24-07-2007, 21:45
Doors slowly closing

Anyone else mildly amused that it says "you are what you eat" on the other side of that scan?

Have you seen her, have you heard/the way she plays there are no words/to describe the way I feel
Old 24-07-2007, 21:56
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackParlabane View Post
Anyone else mildly amused that it says "you are what you eat" on the other side of that scan?
I was trying to work it out, then I gave up. That's quite funny
Old 25-07-2007, 18:46
I am purity, they call me perverted

Note the 75p price sticker.

Spanish versions of the first two albums.
Old 25-07-2007, 18:49
Winterlover

Location: Not the end of the world...but you can see it from here
Very impressive!

“History has remembered the kings and warriors, because they destroyed; Art has remembered the people, because they created”. William Morris
Old 26-07-2007, 05:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Europa Kid View Post

Spanish versions of the first two albums.
Never saw the Spanish GATS vinyl, another one to search... Do you know about other Manics vinyl that was released in Spain?

Because some people still say they have seen a black vinyl Holy Bible which definitely wasn't released in the UK, maybe a Spanish version exists? There's a regular Spanish release for black vinyl ME 12" which also was only available as a picture disc in the UK.
Old 26-07-2007, 12:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancashire Potter View Post
Never saw the Spanish GATS vinyl, another one to search... Do you know about other Manics vinyl that was released in Spain?

Because some people still say they have seen a black vinyl Holy Bible which definitely wasn't released in the UK, maybe a Spanish version exists? There's a regular Spanish release for black vinyl ME 12" which also was only available as a picture disc in the UK.
I know of no spanish releases after the GATS era; general euro releases are now the norm in Spain. Therefore I doubt the holy bible was released as a spanish pressing.

Other spanish vinyls in my collection include you love us 12", Motorcycle emptiness 12" and From Despair To Where 12". I recall bidding for a slash n' burn 12" on ebay.es but didn't win it; someone out there has it!

I've at least half a dozen 7" spanish promos as well but these are fairly common. Interestingly, the 12 " of FDTW has the same sleeve as the UK release whereas the 7" promo has the same cover as GATS! The La tristesse Durera 7" promo is noteworthy too as it has the you love us sleeve!

Happy hunting!
Old 26-07-2007, 12:13
Winterlover

Wow, Europa Kid - you have some awesome pieces!
Old 26-07-2007, 21:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Europa Kid View Post
I know of no spanish releases after the GATS era; general euro releases are now the norm in Spain. Therefore I doubt the holy bible was released as a spanish pressing.

Other spanish vinyls in my collection include you love us 12", Motorcycle emptiness 12" and From Despair To Where 12". I recall bidding for a slash n' burn 12" on ebay.es but didn't win it; someone out there has it!

I've at least half a dozen 7" spanish promos as well but these are fairly common. Interestingly, the 12 " of FDTW has the same sleeve as the UK release whereas the 7" promo has the same cover as GATS! The La tristesse Durera 7" promo is noteworthy too as it has the you love us sleeve!

Happy hunting!
Thanks for the list, apart from S'n'B no surprises, I have the same Spanish records as you (without GATS). But it seems Spain is no country for record collectors, all the sleeves are in bad condition, and the only one I bought that looked mint (YLU 12") was lost in the post. I guess it will take 100 years to get a full mint set of the Spanish Manics releases.
Old 27-07-2007, 04:39
Desire on its knees

I should have probably waited until I got my Autumnsong bundle but...

Here's an update of what I've gotten in the last year and a half since I posted the last set of pics

SATT Singles (EMG 10th Anniversary)

SATT (including full album CD acetate and 5-trk CD acetate)

Some gaps I was missing in my collection

James' Solo Releases

Nicky's Solo Releases