Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 25-06-2010, 17:37
I am purity, they call me perverted

Nailed to History

Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere, but I did a search for it and found nothing.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nailed-Histo...487321&sr=8-17

Any info about this?
Old 25-06-2010, 17:56
Builder of routine

I think we talked about it a bit in the Richard thread and the conclusion was 'arghhhh! another book written by a music biographist only for money. but as a hardcore fan I'm gonna buy it, obviously', or something like that.

I like the phrase in the subject description 'an up to date discography' - if it's bigger than the one on theloveof.tk, then Respect haha

anyway, the only subject I'm mainly interested in all these new books, are of course new pics. because what new can be written about the band that we don't know?

p.s.
what about finding the author's email and when the book's out, stalking him about all mistakes he wrote? because I'm pretty certain there are gonna be few

p.s.2.
no, really. Simon Price has to write the second part of Everything. like I said before, that was at least written by the fan.
Old 25-06-2010, 18:33

Let's start a sticker campaign! Boo to bad money grabbing book baddies! I'm 39 years old!
Old 25-06-2010, 18:54
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulTMA View Post
I'm 39 years old!
I'm 28!!!

S/L?
Old 26-06-2010, 11:12
Knowlede Is Power

I'm 28 too!!!

My Mum is 58!
Old 26-06-2010, 11:49
Builder of routine

these books aren't exctly going to trouble any best seller lists are they so money-grabbing is exaggerating a tad.
Old 26-06-2010, 14:46
Builder of routine

Nailed To History doesn't even make sense as a title, it's hardly similar to Prologue To History
Old 26-06-2010, 16:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
these books aren't exctly going to trouble any best seller lists are they so money-grabbing is exaggerating a tad.
BUT THAT'S IMPOOOOOOSIBLE! How dare they! Let's look the writer up on Facebook and write him hate mail and then poison every room in the house!
Old 26-06-2010, 23:40
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulTMA View Post
BUT THAT'S IMPOOOOOOSIBLE! How dare they! Let's look the writer up on Facebook and write him hate mail and then poison every room in the house!
Old 27-06-2010, 01:59
Winterlover

Straight in the Bin would be a more apt sub title
Old 27-06-2010, 02:51
I live to fall asleep

I'm just making an observation and not trying to stir shit, although I probably will - Manics fans are the only group I've come across so far who actually seem to hate having any "extra" stuff relating to the band in some way. Any other fandom would largely welcome these things, but this group spits on practically everything. Before things are even released too!
Old 27-06-2010, 02:54
Administrator

I don't think that's true. Any fans resent people making a quick buck out of their band if it's doing it in an offensive or crap way.
Old 27-06-2010, 03:00
I live to fall asleep

Yeah, but we have no proof of either of those things happening yet with this book. I know people want Simon to write an updated version of 'Everything,' but he's apparently not going to do that anytime soon, if ever, so I don't know why now this comes out and it's shunned before being given a chance. Also, echoing what someone else said about how writing about the Manics isn't exactly striking gold, financially, so I can't even personally be bothered to get upset about that angle, either.
Old 27-06-2010, 03:01
Administrator

Really, I haven't read anything about this book - but it may be because a lot of the material on richey is seen as cashing in or rehashing new things to make money out of his disappearance.
Old 27-06-2010, 03:14
I live to fall asleep

Well, I can see your point there. The topic of Richey as a celebrity vs. Richey as a regular guy has been a subject that's been tossed around quite a bit in my life recently. I'm not fiercely devoted to either side of the matter though. It's just interesting to take note on fan behavior from this group and compare it to other groups. It's much, much more devoted and intense here (as in with Manics fans in general, not FD). I know that's probably common knowledge, "Thnx Captain Obvious" and all that, but it never ceases to amaze me.

I guess what mostly interests me is that the band keeps Richey with them all the time, yet seem to get angry whenever anyone who isn't them or his family touches the subject of him. Emotionally, I can understand that, but logically...?