Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 10-05-2021, 18:07
I am purity, they call me perverted

Twelve Underwhelming Vapid Lovesongs
Old 10-05-2021, 18:20
Bored of being bored

Thyroparathyroidectomized Umbelliferous Valetudinarian Laevoduction?
Old 10-05-2021, 18:53
I am purity, they call me perverted

Time’s Up, Vulture Lovers
Old 10-05-2021, 19:11
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
The Unspoken Victim Lover(/Lovers)
Old 10-05-2021, 19:17
I live to fall asleep

Looks like the video will be another kind of dull artsy video showing random long shots of beaches and electricity pylons and hills... bit like Hold Me Like A Heaven. I'm excited for Friday now when I get home from work! Have my tea, shower, open a bottle of red and indulge in the new Manics song over and over
Old 10-05-2021, 19:25
Winterlover

You can tell there's new manics news when you see the number of currently active members is in the double digits - a rarity these days.

I'm quite liking the vibe they're going for in the teaser, reminds me of futurology i dare say, and maybe a bit blackstar?
Disk beginning to rotate, faster, becoming a sphere of paler gray. Expanding -
And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard extending to infinity.
Inner eye opening to the stepped scarlet pyramid of the Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority burning beyond the green cubes of Mitsubishi Bank of America,
and high and very far away he saw the spiral arms of military systems, forever beyond his reach.
And somewhere he was laughing, in a white-painted loft, distant fingers caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face.
Old 10-05-2021, 20:23
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
You can tell there's new manics news when you see the number of currently active members is in the double digits - a rarity these days.
Got to admit, I found it heartwarming to come on here today and see so many familiar usernames staring back at me!

Quote:
I'm quite liking the vibe they're going for in the teaser, reminds me of futurology i dare say, and maybe a bit blackstar?
Through thick and thin, the Manics will always be my favourite band and Bowie will always be my favourite solo artist. Blackstar in particular has so much personal significance to me for many reasons that I have a tattoo of the album cover, so the idea of the Manics going in a totally new direction for them and exploring a similar weird, dark and jazzy vibe to Blackstar would honestly be my best case scenario at this point. I’ve been dying for them to change things up completely for years and maybe this time they will.
Old 10-05-2021, 20:26
Knowlede Is Power

Ah, Bowie, of course. I saw 'Blackstar' and immediately pictured James saying "I love this amp!". Good times.
Old 10-05-2021, 20:30
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marwood View Post
Ah, Bowie, of course. I saw 'Blackstar' and immediately pictured James saying "I love this amp!". Good times.
Truly the greatest thread this forum has ever seen ❤️
Old 10-05-2021, 21:18
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Richey View Post
I’ve been dying for them to change things up completely for years and maybe this time they will.
Futurology didn't do much for you then? I keep coming back because this long into their career they can absolutely mix it up when they wish to. That tiny tiny snippet also suggests a continuation of whatever was interesting to james when recording even in exile and i'd be down for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marwood View Post
Err yeah, i should have specified. Not the "longest tweet ever" thread.
Disk beginning to rotate, faster, becoming a sphere of paler gray. Expanding -
And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard extending to infinity.
Inner eye opening to the stepped scarlet pyramid of the Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority burning beyond the green cubes of Mitsubishi Bank of America,
and high and very far away he saw the spiral arms of military systems, forever beyond his reach.
And somewhere he was laughing, in a white-painted loft, distant fingers caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face.
Old 10-05-2021, 21:46
I live to fall asleep

Just hope there is a nice video and some decent footage of them doing a little show in the studio or wherever. Hope it's a bit rocky and James plays a lot of guitar and they are all wearing black and looking cool.
Old 11-05-2021, 06:58
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Futurology didn't do much for you then? I keep coming back because this long into their career they can absolutely mix it up when they wish to. That tiny tiny snippet also suggests a continuation of whatever was interesting to james when recording even in exile and i'd be down for that.
Oh no, I have a lot of time for Futurology. Some excellent stuff on that album! I’m just eager to hear them do something even further afield from that. And I too would love for some of the influence of Even In Exile to bleed over as that album is simply gorgeous.
Old 11-05-2021, 07:50
Desire on its knees

I wonder if yesterday's snippet was a one off ahead of whatever's coming on Friday, or whether we'll get some more, maybe even daily, fragments of #TUVL previews..?
Old 11-05-2021, 08:02
Bored of being bored

I wonder if there will be a radio premiere on Friday of the new single - eg 8.30am with Zoe Ball on Radio 2? Or will it be on Spotify at midnight?
Old 11-05-2021, 08:04
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Richey View Post
Oh no, I have a lot of time for Futurology. Some excellent stuff on that album! I’m just eager to hear them do something even further afield from that. And I too would love for some of the influence of Even In Exile to bleed over as that album is simply gorgeous.
I actually prefer a lot of the demos on the Futurology release. Sex, Power, Love, Money, Between the clock and the bed, Black Square and View from Stow Hill are all great demos.

But that was a weird time for me and that Manics era kinda passed me by.