Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 20-06-2021, 07:52
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlasting View Post
seriously, who will listen to and take note other than fans?
Think you've answered your own question there. At the end of the day they are a band who are now entering their fourth decade. They are utterly irelevamt to the kids of today. They are not about to set the world on fire with their new record, and the only reason its viable for them to keep going is because they have an established fan base who will always buy new records even if they are shit, and still come to see them live.
Also the way that music is promoted has changed. Its not the 90s anymore. There is only one TV show for live music with a finite number of slots per season. Not as many people listen to radio now, and music TV channels havnt really shown videos for years. No one other than fans cares about this stuff, so in an industry where artists are not making alot of money from people actually buying records they are not going to waste money on it.
Old 20-06-2021, 16:56
Freed from the century

Well said.

Which makes their almost always hit-heavy sets so frustrating for me (not that they ever tour North America). At this point, surely the people still turning up for their gigs would appreciate something else by now.
Old 20-06-2021, 17:04
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Well I've found a hill on my walks named Still Thinks The Manics Can Be Huge And Get New Influx. Quite happy to live on it. It's quite comfortable actually! I don't know why people say they die on these-AAARGH IT'S RAINING GIGANTIC SCORPIONS!!!
Old 20-06-2021, 18:22
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
Well I've found a hill on my walks named Still Thinks The Manics Can Be Huge And Get New Influx. Quite happy to live on it. It's quite comfortable actually! I don't know why people say they die on these-AAARGH IT'S RAINING GIGANTIC SCORPIONS!!!
Amazing. If they don't kill you, maybe introduce the gigantic scorpions to the work of Manic Street Preachers, they might like it!

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---
Old 20-06-2021, 18:33
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver View Post
tsurely the people still turning up for their gigs would appreciate something else by now.
The most appreciable thing I can imagine at this point is them dropping the backing musicians (Naysmith may be allowed on stage for strictly necessary songs). Their live show have always been best as barebones when they interpret their bigger songs rather than try to recreate album versions.
Old 21-06-2021, 11:57
I live to fall asleep

iTunes have added a time for The Secret He Had Missed so possibly coming soon!
Old 21-06-2021, 13:17
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Found That Soul* View Post
*Invents scorpion repellent/antidote/invincibility cheat in preparation of influx to the hill.

So yeah, I don't have iTunes. But they wouldn't give them times for something weeks away. So I'd imagine it's close. Excellent news, thanks!
Old 21-06-2021, 13:35
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Found That Soul* View Post
Meets the "first 4 tracks of any Manics album" test too
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • KoKo 2006 • Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • Roundhouse 2009 • Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • O2 2011 • Rough Trade East 2012 • Shepherds Bush 2013 • Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • Rough Trade East 2014 • Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • Wembley Arena 2018 • Shepherds Bush 2019 • Kingston Pryzm 2021 x2 • Wembley Arena 2021 • Glastonbury 2023 • Alexandra Palace 2024 (40)
Old 25-06-2021, 16:00
Builder of routine

Not got a link but another behind the scenes video. A masked Nicky plays bass then swears at some cables.
Well I thought it was funny.
Old 25-06-2021, 19:17
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
Not got a link but another behind the scenes video. A masked Nicky plays bass then swears at some cables.
Well I thought it was funny.
Sounds more fun and interesting than the actual official recent music videos...
Old 26-06-2021, 01:53
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemejebus View Post
The most appreciable thing I can imagine at this point is them dropping the backing musicians (Naysmith may be allowed on stage for strictly necessary songs). Their live show have always been best as barebones when they interpret their bigger songs rather than try to recreate album versions.
Agreed.
Old 26-06-2021, 19:03
Winterlover

So those making of videos... are they the same length as the clips on twitter (about 30 sec)? For those of us who have no interest in visiting the zuckerverse.

https://twitter.com/Manics/status/1408409922598060033

https://twitter.com/Manics/status/1405847017558056964
Disk beginning to rotate, faster, becoming a sphere of paler gray. Expanding -
And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard extending to infinity.
Inner eye opening to the stepped scarlet pyramid of the Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority burning beyond the green cubes of Mitsubishi Bank of America,
and high and very far away he saw the spiral arms of military systems, forever beyond his reach.
And somewhere he was laughing, in a white-painted loft, distant fingers caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face.
Old 26-06-2021, 19:32
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
So those making of videos... are they the same length as the clips on twitter (about 30 sec)? For those of us who have no interest in visiting the zuckerverse.

https://twitter.com/Manics/status/1408409922598060033

https://twitter.com/Manics/status/1405847017558056964
They're the same. No need to go over to the dark side
Old 26-06-2021, 20:42
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
They're the same. No need to go over to the dark side
Excellent. So i can enjoy more bradfield/eringa bants and a masked nicky fighting with cables.
Disk beginning to rotate, faster, becoming a sphere of paler gray. Expanding -
And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard extending to infinity.
Inner eye opening to the stepped scarlet pyramid of the Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority burning beyond the green cubes of Mitsubishi Bank of America,
and high and very far away he saw the spiral arms of military systems, forever beyond his reach.
And somewhere he was laughing, in a white-painted loft, distant fingers caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face.
Old 01-07-2021, 09:00
An imitation of dignity

Listings for the Japan releases are now up (regular, deluxe), although there's no indication what the bonus track(s) are.