Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 22-09-2013, 13:38
Winterlover

Thanks!
Old 22-09-2013, 13:43
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindseyn View Post
Thanks!
glad to see you posting again even if it's only one question .

Like the album?
Old 22-09-2013, 14:09
Winterlover

I really love it, it's great From the first time I put it on and listened to it all the way through, I was blown away (which lately I didn't think would happen with a new Manics album). This Sullen Welsh Heart and As Holy as the Soil are my current favourites How about you?
Old 22-09-2013, 14:21
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindseyn View Post
I really love it, it's great From the first time I put it on and listened to it all the way through, I was blown away (which lately I didn't think would happen with a new Manics album). This Sullen Welsh Heart and As Holy as the Soil are my current favourites How about you?
oh cool i want EVERYONE to love this album fave songs ..they're all my favourite at different points of the day but the one i love the most is this sullen welsh heart.
Old 23-09-2013, 14:01
I am purity, they call me perverted

Ok, so I've never met the band before and not really had the opportunity to do so because of having to leave venues as soon as the gig is over. However, tomorrow I will have the time to try and stalk them so my question is:

How easy is it to actually meet them and do any of you know where abouts they are likely to exit out from Shepherds Bush Empire?

Cheers.
Old 23-09-2013, 14:22
Bored of being bored

So which pub are we all going to, and at what time?
Old 23-09-2013, 18:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Ok, so I've never met the band before and not really had the opportunity to do so because of having to leave venues as soon as the gig is over. However, tomorrow I will have the time to try and stalk them so my question is:

How easy is it to actually meet them and do any of you know where abouts they are likely to exit out from Shepherds Bush Empire?

Cheers.
I can't answer this question, but I heartily second it. I really, really want to meet them and I've got the time to hang around. Anyone got a good strategy?
Old 23-09-2013, 19:57
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post

Cheers.
There is two exits as far as i remember but the most likely would prob be the one down the alley on your right hand side ( as you face the front doors ),doubt i will bother trying to meet the band as i have met them several times before but i wish you luck in your quest-they are utter sweeties and most of time will stop after the show to meet the fans allthough you might have a bit of a wait.
Old 23-09-2013, 20:07
Doors slowly closing

Might get them to sign my crappy old Suomy helmet for a laugh, reckon it is worth it?
Old 23-09-2013, 20:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmacmurphy View Post
There is two exits as far as i remember but the most likely would prob be the one down the alley on your right hand side ( as you face the front doors ),doubt i will bother trying to meet the band as i have met them several times before but i wish you luck in your quest-they are utter sweeties and most of time will stop after the show to meet the fans allthough you might have a bit of a wait.
Thanks a lot for this little tidbit.
Old 24-09-2013, 00:12
I live to fall asleep

I'll be queuing for this one, even if not early. If anyone spots a lost-looking redhead with dangling green earrings, a green jacket and a pin that reads "I'm not weird, I'm limited edition", feel free to say hi. I'll be too socially awkward to approach anyone, as usual. I'm at level 2, or will be eventually!

Livet är kort, för kort för att slösas bort
Lämna hatet åt gamanar

Old 24-09-2013, 00:13
Knowlede Is Power

I don't think I'll be there before 4pm, on account of trains and checking into hotels etc. As usual, hope to see some of you there!
Old 24-09-2013, 00:16
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marwood View Post
I don't think I'll be there before 4pm, on account of trains and checking into hotels etc. As usual, hope to see some of you there!
I'll be turning up around that time, probably 4-5. Lost-looking redhead!

Livet är kort, för kort för att slösas bort
Lämna hatet åt gamanar

Old 24-09-2013, 08:16
Bored of being bored

Its very true, trying to get to the band after the gig is tough due to where the exits are & the security restrict access a good 25yrds away from them.

In all honesty, getting there when the band arrive is a much more realistic chance. Usually bands arrive about 4pm? or so then do the sound check about 5.45pm

I won't be making it tonight though I had a ticket I had to give it up as I'm working until 8.30pm & in the London Bridge area.

Enjoy folks, I added the setlist on setlistfm.
Old 24-09-2013, 08:36
Under neon loneliness

Have fun guys, feeling very jealous about this one as it's the closest the tour comes to me. Hope you have a fantastic night!