Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 25-09-2013, 14:31
Stretched out in the sun

LOL! Shug!

Maybe fences have different gestation rates?

Last edited by Frozendiva; 25-09-2013 at 14:40.
Old 25-09-2013, 14:41
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
My favourite bits:
4 FOUR! acoustic songs. We'll need to thank whoever shouted for tokyo skyline at bristol for that staying in!
Nicky dressed as a milkman
Marlon JD and As holy as the soil
REVOL
I loved Marlon JD as well - think I went "ooh!" out loud when Nicky started singing As others have said I was near the back and there was a pocket of us that were singing along but there seemed a lot of people that didn't know it. Same with Revol actually - there were a few people near me singing but a lot of blank faces. But the same people went mad for It's Not War, YLAINE, You Stole the Sun etc - go figure
I loved all the little snippets we got as intros as well Great set list overall I thought, though I was squished in right at the back and could only see James' head occasionally when people moved Got to see Milkman Nicky when the crowd parted a bit later though
Old 25-09-2013, 15:03
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindseyn View Post
I loved Marlon JD as well - think I went "ooh!" out loud when Nicky started singing As others have said I was near the back and there was a pocket of us that were singing along but there seemed a lot of people that didn't know it. Same with Revol actually - there were a few people near me singing but a lot of blank faces. But the same people went mad for It's Not War, YLAINE, You Stole the Sun etc - go figure
I loved all the little snippets we got as intros as well Great set list overall I thought, though I was squished in right at the back and could only see James' head occasionally when people moved Got to see Milkman Nicky when the crowd parted a bit later though
I can never remember the lyrics to Revol. I just shout REVOL REVOL when i'm supposed to
Old 25-09-2013, 20:14
An imitation of dignity

Last night was brilliant, loved every minute of it. The only issue was that I had to wait for my friend to arrive, and only just got inside SBE before the gig started, so that we couldn't actually sit down and had to stand on a balcony (despite having level 2 seated tickets). Bros before ideal viewing arrangements.
Old 25-09-2013, 20:58
I'm just a pasty

I was right in front of James again, got a few flecks of the Bradfield spit on my arm. I'll never wash again!

Just wanted to say thanks to (in no particular order): hummingbird, marwood, Lizzie, Valley Girl, sandrine, Cristina, Starry Knight, rockjunkie, RP MacMurphy, Jimmy, Paul, Sam, Victoria for making queuing go a bit more swiftly. Sorry if I didn't chat enough and if a missed anyone out.

All in all, I preferred the Bristol gig to the London one, but I was spoiled beforehand, Bristol had indoor queuing on carpet and free wifi and there was no 'Queue DRAMA!' before hand. And then there was the Manics hat trick after.
Old 25-09-2013, 21:01
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by shug View Post
I was right in front of James again, got a few flecks of the Bradfield spit on my arm. I'll never wash again!

Just wanted to say thanks to (in no particular order): hummingbird, marwood, Lizzie, Valley Girl, sandrine, Cristina, Starry Knight, rockjunkie, RP MacMurphy, Jimmy, Paul, Sam, Victoria for making queuing go a bit more swiftly. Sorry if I didn't chat enough and if a missed anyone out.

All in all, I preferred the Bristol gig to the London one, but I was spoiled beforehand, Bristol had indoor queuing on carpet and free wifi and there was no 'Queue DRAMA!' before hand. And then there was the Manics hat trick after.
Thank you to you too :*
Also, sorry Valley Girl, when Sandrine told me your username, I thought you were both talking about twitter not on here! It was really lovely to meet you and stand with you on the barrier!

Shug, was there queue drama here?

Camden Roundhouse 29/05/09 - Brixton Academy 22/01/11 - Hard Rock Cafe London 02/02/11 - O2 Arena 17/12/11 - BBC Radio 2 Festival in a Day 08/09/13 - Shepards Bush Empire 24/09/13 - Brighton Centre 09/04/14 - Brixton Academy 11/04/14 - Rough Trade East 08/07/2014 - Camden Roundhouse 17/12/14 - Cardiff Castle 05/06/15 - Grosse Freiheit 36 Hamburg 26/04/16 - Swansea Liberty Stadium 28/05/16 - Victorious Festival Portsmouth 27/08/16 - London Southbank Centre 19/06/18
Old 25-09-2013, 21:05
I'm just a pasty

Queue drama was due to the O2 priority queue. Some of the guys had been there from 9 and then they put the barriers up and people that turned up at 6 were at the front of the priority queue. Gnashes teeth! Luckily we all got in before them as the doors opened at the same time.

Also need to say hi Karen! Lovely to have met you at last!
Old 25-09-2013, 21:09
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shug View Post
Queue drama was due to the O2 priority queue. Some of the guys had been there from 9 and then they put the barriers up and people that turned up at 6 were at the front of the priority queue. Gnashes teeth! Luckily we all got in before them as the doors opened at the same time.

Also need to say hi Karen! Lovely to have met you at last!
Yes, I thought that was unfair for you guys! At Brixton in 2011 they let those who'd queued all day in before opening the priority queue, I much preferred that!

Livet är kort, för kort för att slösas bort
Lämna hatet åt gamanar

Old 25-09-2013, 21:17
A self-made vacuum

Ahh right yeah. We were having a little moan about the O2 priority queue too. I really hate those queues, they're not fair on people who have made an effort to get there early for a spot. Not that I'm ever one of those people seeing as I only got there about half 4 yesterday. I just think people who had bothered waiting for a spot deserve to actually have those spots.

Camden Roundhouse 29/05/09 - Brixton Academy 22/01/11 - Hard Rock Cafe London 02/02/11 - O2 Arena 17/12/11 - BBC Radio 2 Festival in a Day 08/09/13 - Shepards Bush Empire 24/09/13 - Brighton Centre 09/04/14 - Brixton Academy 11/04/14 - Rough Trade East 08/07/2014 - Camden Roundhouse 17/12/14 - Cardiff Castle 05/06/15 - Grosse Freiheit 36 Hamburg 26/04/16 - Swansea Liberty Stadium 28/05/16 - Victorious Festival Portsmouth 27/08/16 - London Southbank Centre 19/06/18
Old 25-09-2013, 22:00
Freed from the century

Something I forgot in my post gig excitement last night.

They had Dexy's sublime This Is What She's Like as part of the pre show music.

That made me incredibly happy.

If you've never heard it, you should make the effort to. The second six minutes is one of the most perfect moments in music I've had the pleasure to experience.
Old 25-09-2013, 22:50
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
I'm starting to get a feeling that I'm one of those people that James has taken an instant dislike to! 'I will sign 20 albums rather than talk to HER!'
No, that's not true. He's easily distracted when there are many people wanting pics and autographs. And, probably because he's not wearing his glasses, doesn't look directly at everyone.
Your day will come!
Old 25-09-2013, 22:57
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmartyr View Post
If he was in the mood he was about 14 years ago, he may have said "There's a guy looking at his mobile phone down the front who wants to fuck off home. Go on, fuck off you prick!"
That reminds me: Did someone understand what James said to somebody on the balcony? He pointed up. I'm not sure if it was positive or negative.
Old 25-09-2013, 22:59
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley_Girl View Post
That reminds me: Did someone understand what James said to somebody on the balcony? He pointed up. I'm not sure if it was positive or negative.
i assumed it was at someone he knew. No idea what he said tho'
Old 25-09-2013, 23:01
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalbertie View Post
Thank you to you too :*
Also, sorry Valley Girl, when Sandrine told me your username, I thought you were both talking about twitter not on here! It was really lovely to meet you and stand with you on the barrier!
:-)
I was talking about FD with Sandrine and about twitter with Shug. I'm Valley Girl (@msp_de) on twitter as well.
Old 26-09-2013, 02:09
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley_Girl View Post
At some point he animated people to clap and pointed towards the central balcony area. As far as I understood (I have an undergraduate degree in Advanced Bradfield, kinda like, you know ) he told someone or everybody on the balconies to "at least rattle your fucking jewellery". I thought he was underwhelmed by people's participation and channeled his inner John Lennon. Was that what you meant?

Livet är kort, för kort för att slösas bort
Lämna hatet åt gamanar