Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

View Poll Results: In What Format Would You Prefer To Buy No Manifesto?
Streaming Pay-Per-View: Film Only 1 0.86%
Digital Download: Film Only 5 4.31%
DVD: Film + 90 Minutes of Extras 77 66.38%
Blu-Ray: Film + 90 Minutes Of Extras 33 28.45%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2014, 12:05
I live to fall asleep

DVD, but any release at all would be great.
Old 08-11-2014, 14:37
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmartyr View Post
I want a Blu-ray release for this as I too prefer a physical product, and like the idea of bonus extras.

My only query is do you have the video quality to justify the Blu-ray format over DVD for this?
Yes
Old 08-11-2014, 15:07
A self-made vacuum

Thanks - that's the one I'll get then, so hope it does come out on BR.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:08
I am purity, they call me perverted

I voted DVD because I'd like a physical copy, but only if it works in all regions.

(I was at the screening in NYC back in September '09 - so looking forward to seeing the final version! Any chance of another screening over here?)
Old 09-11-2014, 03:26

DVD all regions. Simple online purchasing.

Nabokov on Don Quixote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:33
Freed from the century

I'd like to see a DVD release but would be happy with Blu-Ray, depending on the price.

Approximately how much would each release cost?

Excited to see this
Old 09-11-2014, 18:14
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
DVD. I dont have or want a blu-ray player.. i'll cry if it only ends up released on that
seconded

and I want extras, pleeeeeaaaaase (pretty please!), even if they consist of "Sean's top ten video game winning poses", "Wire in the Sainsbury's cleaning products aisle, overexcited" and "James, deep-frying his breakfast, 11 o'clock snack, lunch, tea and dinner". Especially in that case, actually!

Livet δr kort, fφr kort fφr att slφsas bort
Lδmna hatet εt gamanar

Old 09-11-2014, 18:37
Doors slowly closing

I would ask that you please make as much of the footage available as possible. No matter how boring... the "lets rehearse a song" clip was brilliant, even if it wouldn't have fit in the flow of the film this kind of stuff is AMAZING to watch as an extra.

Seriously, if there's scope for including 30 hours of random conversations in the studio on DVD then include it.
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • KoKo 2006 • Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • Roundhouse 2009 • Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • O2 2011 • Rough Trade East 2012 • Shepherds Bush 2013 • Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • Rough Trade East 2014 • Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • Wembley Arena 2018 • Shepherds Bush 2019 • Kingston Pryzm 2021 x2 • Wembley Arena 2021 • Glastonbury 2023 • Alexandra Palace 2024 (40)
Old 09-11-2014, 19:23
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
I would ask that you please make as much of the footage available as possible. No matter how boring... the "lets rehearse a song" clip was brilliant, even if it wouldn't have fit in the flow of the film this kind of stuff is AMAZING to watch as an extra.

Seriously, if there's scope for including 30 hours of random conversations in the studio on DVD then include it.
Definatly! This kind of stuff is priceless!
Old 09-11-2014, 19:44
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzb View Post
Presumably they're not interested in the extras. I can't say it was a big factor in my decision, either. Whether I actually watched them would depend on the quality of the main feature, which is as yet unknown to me.
Presumably the vast majority of people who buy this will be big fans - we know there have been several outtakes of footage released online, presumably this will make up a portion of the extra features. Just seems bizarre that those interested in seeing a documentary about one of their favourite bands wouldn't be bothered about outtakes/extra footage.
We are still waiting on this section, it's gonna be badass. But while you wait perhaps you would care to peruse the lyrics for 'Underdogs' and 'Your Love Is Not Enough', from the album 'Send Away The Tigers'.
Old 09-11-2014, 19:45
I live to fall asleep

DVD. But I'd get a Blu-ray player if it ends up a Blu-ray film
Old 09-11-2014, 19:46
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconi Delorian View Post
Presumably the vast majority of people who buy this will be big fans - we know there have been several outtakes of footage released online, presumably this will make up a portion of the extra features. Just seems bizarre that those interested in seeing a documentary about one of their favourite bands wouldn't be bothered about outtakes/extra footage.
Just to answer my own question, actually looking at the votes shows that less than 5% would want a 'Main feature only' release anyway.
We are still waiting on this section, it's gonna be badass. But while you wait perhaps you would care to peruse the lyrics for 'Underdogs' and 'Your Love Is Not Enough', from the album 'Send Away The Tigers'.
Old 09-11-2014, 20:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachelorette View Post
seconded

and I want extras, pleeeeeaaaaase (pretty please!), even if they consist of "Sean's top ten video game winning poses", "Wire in the Sainsbury's cleaning products aisle, overexcited" and "James, deep-frying his breakfast, 11 o'clock snack, lunch, tea and dinner". Especially in that case, actually!
I'm with you 100% bachelorette! As per

That's the sort of thing I'd actually love to see

""All I ever wanted was a brute with cheekbones." Because I think that's all anyone ever wants."
- Richey Edwards
Old 09-11-2014, 20:50
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post

We will not be releasing 30 hours of random conversations, however, we will continue to post outtakes online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconi Delorian View Post
The outtakes released online will not for the most part be included in the planned extras for the physical release.
Old 09-11-2014, 21:03
Bored of being bored

I meant outtakes in general - not specifically those released already