Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 02-08-2010, 19:34
Bored out of my mind

James would crawl under a chair and refuse to come out if that was ever suggested as a topic for an interview!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 02-08-2010, 19:37
Mr Msppedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
James would crawl under a chair and refuse to come out if that was ever suggested as a topic for an interview!
Nah he'd insist on it being a to camera piece with recreations kinda like John Bishop's new show
Old 02-08-2010, 19:38
I live to fall asleep

He does volunteer weirdly personal information though, or have we all forgotten "Lamb is the most sexual food ever, whenever I eat lamb I just want to SHAG EVERYTHING"

edit: Also, this thread is confirmation that Tarka needs to get top billing for all manics gigs as it is the real star of the show...
Old 02-08-2010, 19:39
Mr Msppedia

oh great, there's going to be a funny meaty smell on the front row in October now!
Old 02-08-2010, 20:01
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPKYE View Post
oh great, there's going to be a funny meaty smell on the front row in October now!
Change from the 'funny fishy smell', opps I'll leave now
Old 02-08-2010, 20:06
Bored out of my mind

When did he say that about lamb!?! I bet Mrs B gets excited when he puts a lamb shank in the oven! *I'll leave now as well..................................*
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 02-08-2010, 20:10
Under neon loneliness

Quote:
Oh I completely got the wrong idea from the title, thought Bradders was going to be discussing losing his virginity, though why an hour long programme would be needed......

thanks for the heads up!
I did too. I thought this would be like that documentary Jarvis Cocker made called 'Do You Remember The First Time?'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlesue View Post
Change from the 'funny fishy smell', opps I'll leave now
Sue!
Quote:
When did he say that about lamb!?! I bet Mrs B gets excited when he puts a lamb shank in the oven! *I'll leave now as well..................................*
Go and look in appreciation for the quote!
Old 02-08-2010, 20:16
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
It's from the TIMT tour booklet:

Quote:
“Lamb is the most sexual food ever. It’s beautiful. It just gives me a thrill. These last two weeks on holiday I haven’t had any red meat at all, and your sex drives just goes right down. And if you eat lamb all the time you just fucking want to shag all the time. It’s the purest sexual red meat.”

The next time we meet, a few days later, he will shake my hand delicately, only using his fingertips, very funny. He’s just been home to Wales for the weekend. “I had lamb,” he says. “Nice and creamy.”
AFAIK he has never addressed this again in an interview and I wish he would elaborate on this statement in this program...
Old 02-08-2010, 20:18
Bored out of my mind

James! You randy lamb-eating man you!
Old 02-08-2010, 20:36
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
James fanatics will be at the front with their racks of lamb!
Old 02-08-2010, 20:37
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by exopotamie View Post
It's from the TIMT tour booklet:

“Lamb is the most sexual food ever. It’s beautiful. It just gives me a thrill. These last two weeks on holiday I haven’t had any red meat at all, and your sex drives just goes right down. And if you eat lamb all the time you just fucking want to shag all the time. It’s the purest sexual red meat.”

The next time we meet, a few days later, he will shake my hand delicately, only using his fingertips, very funny. He’s just been home to Wales for the weekend. “I had lamb,” he says. “Nice and creamy.”

AFAIK he has never addressed this again in an interview and I wish he would elaborate on this statement in this program...
the one time I ever ate lamb (by mistake) I was sick and now I'm vegetarian, what does that say about me! Also why the hell is that in the tour booklet? Who edits these things?

Oh, and I can't believe no-one's taken advantage of the easiest opportunity ever for a Welsh/sheep joke...
Old 02-08-2010, 20:41
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by clashcc View Post
the one time I ever ate lamb (by mistake) I was sick and now I'm vegetarian, what does that say about me! Also why the hell is that in the tour booklet? Who edits these things?

Oh, and I can't believe I missed the easiest opportunity ever for a Welsh/sheep joke...
Thought it was a strange thing to put out to fans. Maybe he was hoping we'd all start chucking roast lamb at him for him to munch on after a gig?
Old 02-08-2010, 20:44
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clashcc View Post

Oh, and I can't believe no-one's taken advantage of the easiest opportunity ever for a Welsh/sheep joke...
That was also the tour booklet in which Nicky declared he didn't change his underwear so the manics were all about the TMI then. Sometimes I really wonder why I love this band.

That said it would be hilarious if James came out with a cookbook of his favorite lamb recipes or something. Unfortunately (to keep this on topic) I doubt this radio thing will address this burning question of mine.
Old 02-08-2010, 20:47
Bored out of my mind

Upcoming tour - We all start chanting 'Where's the lamb?' ok?

Yes, doubt it will come up in this interview though. Shame!
Old 02-08-2010, 21:07
Bored of being bored

GREAT FLOOKING SCHNIT!!

*sparkle and believe*