Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 25-10-2019, 10:14
junkymotown's Avatar
junkymotown junkymotown is offline
Knowlede Is Power
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Japan
Age: 34
Posts: 1,460
Manics to support Green Day (!!)

the Manics are pleased to announce they’ll be supporting Green Day on three European dates next year. They’ll play the following venues:

Wednesday 27th May - Helsinki Suvilhati, Finland

Friday 29th May - Stockholm Tele 2 Arena, Sweden

Sunday 31st May - Alesund Colorline Stadium, Norway (SOLD OUT)

Norway is sold out, but tickets are still available for Finland and Sweden. Get tickets here:
__________________
Manchester Apollo - 27 Feb 2001
Manchester MEN - 6 Dec 2002
Manchester MEN - 17 Dec 2004
Leeds Uni - 17 Apr 2005
Leeds Uni - 9 May 2007
London Brixton Academy - 12 Dec 2007
Forever Heavenly (London) - 12 Sep 2008
Camden Roundhouse - 30 May 2009
London O2 - 17 Dec 2011
Manchester Ritz - 27 Sep 2013
Manchester Albert Hall - 11 Dec 2014
Tokyo Studio Coast - 8 Nov 2016
Tokyo ZEPP Diver City - 26 Sep 2019
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 25-10-2019, 10:28
almostfamous's Avatar
almostfamous almostfamous is offline
Freed from the century
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 707
Interesting! The big question then is what will adorn the stage backdrop?? A new album (5% chance), GATS (45% chance) or a few old bedsheets with 'Maniac Street Preachers' hastily written on in spraypaint (50% chance)??
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 25-10-2019, 11:01
junkymotown's Avatar
junkymotown junkymotown is offline
Knowlede Is Power
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Japan
Age: 34
Posts: 1,460
I wonder if there’ll be some sort of mutual “Know Your Enemy” mashup...?
__________________
Manchester Apollo - 27 Feb 2001
Manchester MEN - 6 Dec 2002
Manchester MEN - 17 Dec 2004
Leeds Uni - 17 Apr 2005
Leeds Uni - 9 May 2007
London Brixton Academy - 12 Dec 2007
Forever Heavenly (London) - 12 Sep 2008
Camden Roundhouse - 30 May 2009
London O2 - 17 Dec 2011
Manchester Ritz - 27 Sep 2013
Manchester Albert Hall - 11 Dec 2014
Tokyo Studio Coast - 8 Nov 2016
Tokyo ZEPP Diver City - 26 Sep 2019
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 25-10-2019, 11:38
Lee Lee is offline
Desire on its knees
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Surrey
Age: 34
Posts: 854
Interesting.

It’ll obviously be a greatest hits affair but I wonder if we’ll get a new song.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 25-10-2019, 17:15
Suicide Aldi's Avatar
Suicide Aldi Suicide Aldi is offline
Desire on its knees
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 885
Ah wish this was in the UK!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 25-10-2019, 17:41
Routine Builder's Avatar
Routine Builder Routine Builder is offline
Bored of being bored
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,783
Suppose they won't be playing PCP because that would be the obvious thing to do. Isn't SATT and American Idiot mixed by the same person?
__________________


Stand back, I have political powers!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 25-10-2019, 18:58
Porco's Avatar
Porco Porco is offline
Doors slowly closing
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkymotown View Post
I wonder if there’ll be some sort of mutual “Know Your Enemy” mashup...?
You beat me to it!
__________________
'Those Manics are great mun ent'it!' | Miyazaki-San, Arigato | POPCORN!


"Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter!"
| Porco Tunes: soundcloud.com/fdporco | Newest Track *'Crashed'*[Video]
“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-11-2019, 22:27
everlasting's Avatar
everlasting everlasting is offline
I live to fall asleep
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Wakefield
Age: 37
Posts: 4,371
Might get them a few fans I suppose. Maybe. Just don't play Everything Must Go anymore, I sadly shudder now when I see that in the set lists and I used to absolutely love it so much. Maybe a few more rocky ones mixed with the bigger hits.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-11-2019, 12:44
LA ex's Avatar
LA ex LA ex is offline
Freed from the century
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by everlasting View Post
Might get them a few fans I suppose. Maybe. Just don't play Everything Must Go anymore, I sadly shudder now when I see that in the set lists and I used to absolutely love it so much. Maybe a few more rocky ones mixed with the bigger hits.
Here's what they played when supporting Guns n Roses a couple of years back:

Motorcycle Emptiness
International Blue
You Stole the Sun From My Heart
Slash 'n' Burn
Everything Must Go
You Love Us
Your Love Alone Is Not Enough
A Design for Life
If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next

If they didn't deviate from what was essentially a Greatest Hits set for GNR I can't see them doing so for Green Day.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.