Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #616  
Old 12-04-2018, 10:04
UEF's Avatar
UEF UEF is offline
Doors slowly closing
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London
Posts: 8,047
Does 'In Eternity' remind anyone else of 'The Phantom of the Opera'?
__________________
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • London KoKo 2006 • The Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • London Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • London Roundhouse 2009 • London Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • London Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • London O2 2011 • London Rough Trade East 2012 • London Shepherds Bush 2013 • London Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • London Rough Trade East 2014 • London Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • London Wembley Arena 2018 • London Shepherds Bush 2019 (35)
Reply With Quote
  #617  
Old 12-04-2018, 10:11
Jimi A's Avatar
Jimi A Jimi A is offline
Freed from the century
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nottingscum
Age: 37
Posts: 653
Suddenly realised its released tomorrow!!
__________________
"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being" - Carl Jung
Reply With Quote
  #618  
Old 12-04-2018, 11:16
Dancing Kirby's Avatar
Dancing Kirby Dancing Kirby is offline
Doors slowly closing
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 8,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatik View Post

Oh! Very disappointed there was no quote on the CD (that I could find anyway). First time ever that I can recall.
The deluxe edition has TWO quotes. That’s what we pay our extra £5 for.
Reply With Quote
  #619  
Old 12-04-2018, 11:28
theplague's Avatar
theplague theplague is offline
I am purity, they call me perverted
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Sweden
Age: 41
Posts: 293
Does the vinyls come with download codes?
__________________
Let's all share our dreams - Let's share everything under a Communist Moon
Reply With Quote
  #620  
Old 12-04-2018, 11:30
Gusto's Avatar
Gusto Gusto is offline
Hold me she said, Love me to Death
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Belfast
Posts: 2,742
Has anyone received a shipping notification from the official store?
__________________
Peace, Work and Long Tea Breaks

Reply With Quote
  #621  
Old 12-04-2018, 11:54
Porco's Avatar
Porco Porco is offline
Doors slowly closing
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusto View Post
Has anyone received a shipping notification from the official store?
Nothing for me so far... which is a bit concerning. But given how much they charged for postage I’m expecting it to arrive tomorrow morning via chauffeur-driven limosine, and be presented on a velvet cushion underneath a stainless steel cloche by a surly butler.
__________________
'Those Manics are great mun ent'it!' | Miyazaki-San, Arigato | POPCORN!


"Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter!"
| Porco Tunes: soundcloud.com/fdporco | Newest Track *'Crashed'*[Video]
“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"
Reply With Quote
  #622  
Old 12-04-2018, 12:18
UEF's Avatar
UEF UEF is offline
Doors slowly closing
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London
Posts: 8,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porco View Post
Nothing for me so far... which is a bit concerning. But given how much they charged for postage I’m expecting it to arrive tomorrow morning via chauffeur-driven limosine, and be presented on a velvet cushion underneath a stainless steel cloche by a surly butler.
Instead, a rusty Hermes fiesta pulls up, knocks the door softly then declines to leave a card
__________________
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • London KoKo 2006 • The Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • London Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • London Roundhouse 2009 • London Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • London Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • London O2 2011 • London Rough Trade East 2012 • London Shepherds Bush 2013 • London Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • London Rough Trade East 2014 • London Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • London Wembley Arena 2018 • London Shepherds Bush 2019 (35)
Reply With Quote
  #623  
Old 12-04-2018, 12:30
rosetree rosetree is offline
I am purity, they call me perverted
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: leeds
Posts: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
Instead, a rusty Hermes fiesta pulls up, knocks the door softly then declines to leave a card
Or they leave it in the green bin...
Reply With Quote
  #624  
Old 12-04-2018, 12:35
Gusto's Avatar
Gusto Gusto is offline
Hold me she said, Love me to Death
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Belfast
Posts: 2,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porco View Post
Nothing for me so far... which is a bit concerning. But given how much they charged for postage I’m expecting it to arrive tomorrow morning via chauffeur-driven limosine, and be presented on a velvet cushion underneath a stainless steel cloche by a surly butler.
__________________
Peace, Work and Long Tea Breaks

Reply With Quote
  #625  
Old 12-04-2018, 12:47
UEF's Avatar
UEF UEF is offline
Doors slowly closing
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London
Posts: 8,047
The whole promotional period has been surprisingly competent for a Manics release... I wonder if the delivery service might scupper that
__________________
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • London KoKo 2006 • The Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • London Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • London Roundhouse 2009 • London Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • London Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • London O2 2011 • London Rough Trade East 2012 • London Shepherds Bush 2013 • London Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • London Rough Trade East 2014 • London Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • London Wembley Arena 2018 • London Shepherds Bush 2019 (35)
Reply With Quote
  #626  
Old 12-04-2018, 13:00
Porco's Avatar
Porco Porco is offline
Doors slowly closing
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,262
well, fingers crossed everyone who ordered it gets it safe and sound tomorrow.

Remember, the whole thing is on Radio X tonight with the band talking about it. I’m looking forward to it.
__________________
'Those Manics are great mun ent'it!' | Miyazaki-San, Arigato | POPCORN!


"Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter!"
| Porco Tunes: soundcloud.com/fdporco | Newest Track *'Crashed'*[Video]
“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"
Reply With Quote
  #627  
Old 12-04-2018, 13:33
Dancing Kirby's Avatar
Dancing Kirby Dancing Kirby is offline
Doors slowly closing
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 8,733
My spoilerific guide to CD2.

A strong set of demos that largely sound like alt mixes to the point where there’s not much to say about them other than ‘with the PFAYM stripped away’. So that’s what I’ve done...

Demos
People Give In - Album version with the PFAYM stripped away.
International Blue - Album version with the PFAYM stripped away. If there’s a Boys of Summer demo, it’s not this one.
Distant Colours - JDB acoustic complete with intro, far less gross than the album version.
Vivian - Album version with the PFAYM stripped away. The most ‘alt mix’ demo of all.
Dylan & Caitlin - JDB acoustic and strings. No Anchoress or PFAYM.
Liverpool Revisited - Jangly JDB acoustic, arguably superior to the PFAYMed album version. Nice focus on organ in the solo.
Sequels of Forgotten Wars - Album version with the PFAYM stripped away.
Hold Me Like a Heaven - I shit you not, album version with the PFAYM stripped away.
In Eternity - Yep, album version with the PFAYM stripped away.
Broken Algorithms - Lo-Fi JDB electric solo, a bit Bill Bragg and the most throwaway thing here.
A Song for the Sadness - Extra verse cut from album. Stripped back JDB acoustic + synths.
The Left Behind - Nicky, obviously, with a focus on what sounds like harpsichord. Superior and more atmospheric.

Bonus tracks
Concrete Fields - Nicky vocal, more reminiscing, Wayne Murray on acoustic guitar who then joins in on backing vocals to sing Seasons in the Sun over the outro.
A Soundtrack to Complete Withdrawal - Full band JDB vocal, a less melodic cousin of In Eternity, Wayne Murray on backing vocals again.
Reply With Quote
  #628  
Old 12-04-2018, 14:09
sculptureofabloke's Avatar
sculptureofabloke sculptureofabloke is offline
Stretched out in the sun
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Manchester
Age: 36
Posts: 14,263
Postie's a twat, not today.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by allisvanity View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Manics fans, never fucking happy.
Reply With Quote
  #629  
Old 12-04-2018, 14:13
Son of Stopped's Avatar
Son of Stopped Son of Stopped is online now
Builder of routine
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Make a cup of tea
Age: 45
Posts: 15,248
Looking forward to being boots on the ground and getting it tomorrow.
If it's playing in HMV I will make a note of how happy the staff look.
Never forgot the daggers I got for buying IKTZ!
So a beard trim, off to bigger city, buy album, go poetic afternoon event, buy greens, come home, smoke greens, listen album.
It looks simple written down like that, but you know how things get.
__________________
I MADE A MOVIE OF MY POETRY IN MY BEDROOM https://youtu.be/Vq73VlTb3WI Top that, mainstream and counterculture! Cut straight to the chase about environment https://youtu.be/Ia6LGJou9CY
Reply With Quote
  #630  
Old 12-04-2018, 14:28
Porco's Avatar
Porco Porco is offline
Doors slowly closing
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby View Post
My spoilerific guide to CD2.

A strong set of demos that largely sound like alt mixes to the point where there’s not much to say about them other than ‘with the PFAYM stripped away’. So that’s what I’ve done...

Demos
People Give In - Album version with the PFAYM stripped away.
International Blue - Album version with the PFAYM stripped away. If there’s a Boys of Summer demo, it’s not this one.
Distant Colours - JDB acoustic complete with intro, far less gross than the album version.
Vivian - Album version with the PFAYM stripped away. The most ‘alt mix’ demo of all.
Dylan & Caitlin - JDB acoustic and strings. No Anchoress or PFAYM.
Liverpool Revisited - Jangly JDB acoustic, arguably superior to the PFAYMed album version. Nice focus on organ in the solo.
Sequels of Forgotten Wars - Album version with the PFAYM stripped away.
Hold Me Like a Heaven - I shit you not, album version with the PFAYM stripped away.
In Eternity - Yep, album version with the PFAYM stripped away.
Broken Algorithms - Lo-Fi JDB electric solo, a bit Bill Bragg and the most throwaway thing here.
A Song for the Sadness - Extra verse cut from album. Stripped back JDB acoustic + synths.
The Left Behind - Nicky, obviously, with a focus on what sounds like harpsichord. Superior and more atmospheric.

Bonus tracks
Concrete Fields - Nicky vocal, more reminiscing, Wayne Murray on acoustic guitar who then joins in on backing vocals to sing Seasons in the Sun over the outro.
A Soundtrack to Complete Withdrawal - Full band JDB vocal, a less melodic cousin of In Eternity, Wayne Murray on backing vocals again.
Thanks for that! I am excited to hear all that.

So you got yours already? Would really appreciate any lyric corrections over on the RIF lyrics thread, especially the Broken Algorithms ones I've had trouble with... (especially the first line and the one I marked with question marks).
__________________
'Those Manics are great mun ent'it!' | Miyazaki-San, Arigato | POPCORN!


"Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter!"
| Porco Tunes: soundcloud.com/fdporco | Newest Track *'Crashed'*[Video]
“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 16:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.