Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 08-12-2014, 20:32
Routine Builder's Avatar
Routine Builder Routine Builder is offline
Bored of being bored
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,793
When someone starts quoting Mr Price, you know they be trolling.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-12-2014, 20:35
SHR SHR is offline
I am purity, they call me perverted
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waaaaales! Wales?
Posts: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
When someone starts quoting Mr Price, you know they be trolling.
I wasn't quoting the bloated one in a good way.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-12-2014, 20:38
Routine Builder's Avatar
Routine Builder Routine Builder is offline
Bored of being bored
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,793
You be trolling. Saying you know better than the people who knew him with no evidence. Practically the definition of trilling.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-12-2014, 22:04
Porco's Avatar
Porco Porco is offline
Doors slowly closing
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,262
We need to ban the works of Shakespeare being performed or studied, we don't know it's what he would have wanted. Ditto Mozart. It's taking liberties.
__________________
'Those Manics are great mun ent'it!' | Miyazaki-San, Arigato | POPCORN!


"Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter!"
| Porco Tunes: soundcloud.com/fdporco | Newest Track *'Crashed'*[Video]
“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-12-2014, 22:23
Geranium Terrorists's Avatar
Geranium Terrorists Geranium Terrorists is offline
Freed from the century
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: in the midst of rich people in Surrey
Posts: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porco View Post
We need to ban the works of Shakespeare being performed or studied, we don't know it's what he would have wanted. Ditto Mozart. It's taking liberties.
Sounds reasonable.
__________________
The early bird catches the worm...
does the worm think that that's the way we all go?

last.fm
NICKY WIRE'S BASSES
Cardiacs, song-by-song
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-12-2014, 00:03
beautifuldistortion's Avatar
beautifuldistortion beautifuldistortion is offline
Knowlede Is Power
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dartford, Kent UK
Posts: 1,081
SHR - you clearly have an agenda, so what is it?
You're implying the band have lied about how they came about the JFPL lyrics, which is ridiculous, Richey had been giving them lyrics since he joined so why would he all of a sudden want to keep those secret?
Surely if he didn't want them to have them he would've taken them with him when he dissapeared or just burnt them!

And THB is a musically superb album and the while package works because of every member! You're clearly a Richey fan and not a Manics fan.
He's gone time to move on!!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-12-2014, 01:56
TheCasual TheCasual is offline
Born to end
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Hull
Posts: 42
Strange coincidence.

The night they started the HB20 shows was the 10th Anniversary of Pantera's lead guitarist Dimebag Darrell assassination on stage in Ohio.

It would of been interesting if Richey had been round when they started making the fourth album what kind of album would happened.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-12-2014, 09:49
River Boy's Avatar
River Boy River Boy is offline
I live to fall asleep
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathtub View Post
Who cares if it's true or not? He's dead.
Find it a little sad that people are now stating this as a fact. No one knows if he's dead, anymore now than they did the day after he disappeared.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-12-2014, 10:01
Takk's Avatar
Takk Takk is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chasing ManBearPig through the Alps
Age: 35
Posts: 47,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifuldistortion View Post
SHR - you clearly have an agenda, so what is it?
Exposure for wacky 'look at me i know more about Richey than the band' theories, with no provided evidence whatsoever.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-12-2014, 11:01
sculptureofabloke's Avatar
sculptureofabloke sculptureofabloke is offline
Stretched out in the sun
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Manchester
Age: 36
Posts: 14,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHR View Post
I think it's ridiculous they are playing an album lyrically penned by somebody else and trying to pull it off with some conviction. The HB album is all about the lyrics, it is known for its lyrics, and so by doing this they are no different to a tribute act in that respect. Plus the fact they've admitted they don't even know what the lyrics are about! 'REVOL - WTF?!' as they said...
It's not like the lyrics and music are isolated from one another. You're accusing three good musicians of being a tribute band to themselves and a bloke who couldn't even play and that's just silly
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by allisvanity View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Manics fans, never fucking happy.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 09-12-2014, 12:05
Bathtub's Avatar
Bathtub Bathtub is offline
Doors slowly closing
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 9,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by River Boy View Post
Find it a little sad that people are now stating this as a fact. No one knows if he's dead, anymore now than they did the day after he disappeared.
Well there's more reason to assume he's dead now, than there would have been the day after he disappeared surely?
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 09-12-2014, 12:27
River Boy's Avatar
River Boy River Boy is offline
I live to fall asleep
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathtub View Post
Well there's more reason to assume he's dead now, than there would have been the day after he disappeared surely?
Not sure why, but even so no one knows.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-12-2014, 12:35
Bathtub's Avatar
Bathtub Bathtub is offline
Doors slowly closing
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 9,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by River Boy View Post
Not sure why, but even so no one knows.
Because people are more likely to turn up alive shortly after disappearing than many years later.

As you say though, nobody knows. It would be, in some way, lovely for him to be alive and living the life he wants, but I just don't think it's very likely.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 09-12-2014, 12:44
handbag's Avatar
handbag handbag is offline
I am purity, they call me perverted
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
When someone starts quoting Mr Price, you know they be trolling.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke View Post
It's not like the lyrics and music are isolated from one another. You're accusing three good musicians of being a tribute band to themselves and a bloke who couldn't even play and that's just silly
As much as I'm not into this 20th anniversary of THB, I have to defend the band on this point. THB works because of the lyrics AND the music. You can't separate the two so yeah, just agreeing there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathtub View Post
Well there's more reason to assume he's dead now, than there would have been the day after he disappeared surely?
He obviously doesn't want to be found if he's still alive. Hundreds of people go missing every year for their own reasons. I don't think you can ever assume someone's dead just because they fucked off.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 09-12-2014, 12:55
River Boy's Avatar
River Boy River Boy is offline
I live to fall asleep
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathtub View Post
Because people are more likely to turn up alive shortly after disappearing than many years later.

As you say though, nobody knows. It would be, in some way, lovely for him to be alive and living the life he wants, but I just don't think it's very likely.
That's fine, I don't mind it being your opinion but I don't think it's right to state 'He's dead' when it's only that. For years it seemed no one did that until he was declared 'presumed dead' for legal purposes, but since when did Manics fans let the state change their attitude?

Personally I think someone who came across to me as quite an ambitious dreamer would have had something else in mind. I wonder if he's writing novels under a psuedonym somewhere, but don't think he'll ever want to take the mystery off his name and turn up again - as I understand the 'Man on the Moon' man is supposed to be doing - Andy Kaufman I think?

It's not unusual for people to seek obscurity, there's that woman that sings at the back wall now so the audience can't see her face.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 19:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.