Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 15-12-2014, 22:51
Knowlede Is Power

What an amazing post! And welcome to FD!! I think you summed up very eliquently just how uniting and truly uplifting music can be, and just how inspiring your favorite bands can be to maney aspects of your life. Although I cant claim to have been through the things that you have, there have been times in my life where Iv been pretty low and felt really defeated, and of all the bands I love, the manics are the band i turn to in these situations. Not because I want to wallow in self pitty, but because there is just somthing about their music and lyrics that inspires me to pull myself up and fight through it.

Last edited by Suicide Aldi; 15-12-2014 at 23:03.
Old 15-12-2014, 23:01
Knowlede Is Power

Welcome Frigating

Great to hear that the gig had such an impact. It is experiences like that that you can hold onto in darker times.

The Manics are something special aren't they :-)
Old 15-12-2014, 23:10
Born to end

I'm not sure anyone here or who is a fan of the Manics ever came to love them because they were happy in their life. I know I wasn't happy when I first started listening to "Everything Must Go".

No one is ever truly alone, there's people there that care about you even though you may not know this or that they exist. Good luck xxx

December 2011 - Birmingham Academy
April 2014 - Brixton Academy
December 2014 - Barrowlands Glasgow
Old 16-12-2014, 00:44
Born to end

Wow. I must say, I wasn't expecting this to get any replies, let alone stretch on to two pages.

All your posts, and the messages I've been getting, are absolutely beautiful, and I feel truly honoured to be one of you. A fan of an incredibly inspirational and talented band, with a lovely and welcoming fanbase. I'm crying right now out of sheer joy just to be a part of it.

I'll be honest. For a while I've been considering I might have bipolar disorder, as opposed to just depression, which would mean my current happiness is shortlived. But I'm alive. I survived today, and if I can 'survive today' everyday, I think I'll be okay. Thank you, Forever Delayed, you truly are helping.
Old 16-12-2014, 01:15
Doors slowly closing

I echo all the comments about your post from others. It's great that you've found such meaning from the band. I hope everything works out for you Frigating, just remember there is always something round the corner worth living for, even though it might not seem like it sometimes.

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---
Old 16-12-2014, 03:44
I am purity, they call me perverted

Thank you for sharing your story Frigating. That was touching and moving to read, and special to see how this band continues to connect and resonate with people. Very brave and courageous of you to post - hope all works out well and for the way you want it too.
Manchester Nynex-May97; Manchester M.E.N-Dec98; Glastonbury-Jun99; Manic Millennium-Cardiff -99/2000; Manchester Apollo-Mar27 01; Manchester Apollo-Mar28 01; LLandudno Conf Ctr-Aug 01; Leeds Fest-Aug01; V2002 Staffs-Aug02; Manchester Move Fest-Jul03; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May09; Seattle Neumo's-Sept09; Vancouver Commodore-Sept09; New York Webster Hall-Oct09; Boston Paradise-Oct09; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May11; London O2 Arena-Dec11; London Brixton Academy-Apr11th 14; London Brixton Academy-Apr12th 14; Dublin Olympia-Dec14; New York Webster Hall-Apr15; Boston Sinclair-Apr15; Chicago Metro-Apr15; Los Angeles Fonda-May15; Liverpool Echo-May16; Birmingham Genting-May16; Llangollen Llanfest - July17; Birmingham Arena-April18; Manchester Arena-April18; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May18
Old 16-12-2014, 09:06
An imitation of dignity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frigating View Post
Wow. I must say, I wasn't expecting this to get any replies, let alone stretch on to two pages.

All your posts, and the messages I've been getting, are absolutely beautiful, and I feel truly honoured to be one of you. A fan of an incredibly inspirational and talented band, with a lovely and welcoming fanbase. I'm crying right now out of sheer joy just to be a part of it.

I'll be honest. For a while I've been considering I might have bipolar disorder, as opposed to just depression, which would mean my current happiness is shortlived. But I'm alive. I survived today, and if I can 'survive today' everyday, I think I'll be okay. Thank you, Forever Delayed, you truly are helping.
I think it’s rare that a band can really help you through your struggles and pain. But I think if a band can master that – it’s the Manics. I can’t say what it’s like to struggle with depression or any soul-related pain but I have lost my mum only a few months ago – unexpectedly and way too early – and it’s a real comfort to have them. They won’t heal the pain but they offer comfort and make you feel better. Songs don’t save lives but they surely can give you the strength to try to survive.

Was so good to read your post. Thank you
Old 16-12-2014, 10:48
Bored out of my mind

An inspiring and courageous post Frigating!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 16-12-2014, 11:38
I live to fall asleep

Wonderful post, made me smile. I'm going through a rather rough time currently but this post has made me sit up and keep my chin up, so thank you Frigating!
Old 16-12-2014, 17:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frigating View Post

Last night was incredible, and changed me.

I felt truly beautiful, something else I never do.

but it was the first time in my life I've truly felt like I belonged somewhere, like I was the same as everyone around me, like people wouldn't judge me but would respect me.

We came from everywhere to hear what we believe in.

I'm going to hold onto life, because no matter how bad things get there is that secret community I belong to, the one with the genius music and silly fashion. I can put in my headphones, turn on the Manic Street Preachers, and feel like I'm a part of something, rather than just an outsider. I'm going to stop cutting myself. I'll dig my guitar out and relearn how to play. It'll be hard, but I have hope. I'm going to try.

James, Nicky, Sean, and Richey if you're out there: Thank You.
What a wonderful post. Highlighted my favourite moments above. It is a blessing in life to be a Manics fan. I am glad they have the power to help young people too!

Stay beautiful sweetie.
Old 16-12-2014, 18:28
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Rather not talk in length about it, but DITS really resonated with me listening to THB in 1995 after a friend who was a fan (But only had a few singles) killed himself.
I haven't forgotten, but it's one of those I don't really feel I go on about in a forum like this. No offence!
Old 16-12-2014, 18:42
Winterlover

A wonderful and touching post. I echo many of your sentiments. Thanks for sharing, and welcome to FD.
Old 16-12-2014, 19:08
Freed from the century

This is a really, really lovely post!

last.fm
NICKY WIRE'S BASSES
Cardiacs, song-by-song
Old 16-12-2014, 19:17

I have no new, original thoughts to add here, but I thought it still couldn't hurt for you to hear from one more voice that your post was lovely, and I'm glad you're helping yourself. Stay beautiful!
Old 17-12-2014, 23:14
Born to end

I echo all these sentiments towards an upsetting, yet ultimately uplifting story. Never underestimate the kindness of strangers. The Manics are the only band that matters.