Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 28-09-2010, 20:32
Freed from the century

The case does cause scratching to the disc. I don't see what's so funny about it.
Old 28-09-2010, 22:39
Bored of being bored

In my town you can buy 5 CD for a pound. Or buy a double CD from a charity shop and use the case. Or get another copy of Lipstick Traces and use the double case. It's annoying but pretty easily solved. That said if it's unplayable from the start then send it back. At least we won't get digipak sticky corrosion.
Old 29-09-2010, 13:12
I am purity, they call me perverted

Having bought the deluxe edition, I plan on just burning CDRs of the discs + ripping as mp3s. Won't have to deal with taking the discs out ever again if I don't want to.

"There's still loads of anger and hate: that's what keeps us alive. When I go out there, it's always with clenched teeth." Sean Moore

Majestic Theater, Detroit 2009 * The Sinclair, Cambridge MA, 2015 * Cardiff Castle 2015, Massey Hall 2022
Old 29-09-2010, 20:08
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMANIC View Post
Having bought the deluxe edition, I plan on just burning CDRs of the discs + ripping as mp3s. Won't have to deal with taking the discs out ever again if I don't want to.
Why did you bother wasting your money on it if you're just going to listen to the album on CDRs and mp3 players?
Old 29-09-2010, 20:41
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsuo View Post
Why did you bother wasting your money on it if you're just going to listen to the album on CDRs and mp3 players?
I thought the artwork and packaging was too cool to pass up, like with the Journal deluxe edition. I'm probably going to play the vinyl the most though once I get it.

"There's still loads of anger and hate: that's what keeps us alive. When I go out there, it's always with clenched teeth." Sean Moore

Majestic Theater, Detroit 2009 * The Sinclair, Cambridge MA, 2015 * Cardiff Castle 2015, Massey Hall 2022
Old 30-09-2010, 00:50
Bored of being bored

Quote:
No demos disc with the standard version.
"A man who had read all the books published today would have had to have read all Dan Brown's novels, two volumes of Chris Moyles autobiography, The World According To Clarkson by Jeremy Clarkson, The World According To Clarkson 2 by Jeremy Clarkson, The World According To Clarkson 3 by Jeremy Clarkson... His mind would be awash with bad metaphors, unsustainable reactionary opinion, and one long anecdote about the time Comedy Dave put pound coins in the urinal.

In short, the man who had read everything published today, would be more stupid than a man who had read nothing."

- Stewart Lee
Old 30-09-2010, 21:52
Freed from the century

True but the idea of buying a physical product would suggest you play said physical product. Not just copy or load it. That's taking the idea of a piece of art a bit too serious. "Oh don't touch this one, I don't play this one".

Has anyone bothered to write to Sony/Colombia about this scratching issue? I'm tempted...
Old 01-10-2010, 16:53
Bored of being bored

Quote:
True but the idea of buying a physical product would suggest you play said physical product. Not just copy or load it. That's taking the idea of a piece of art a bit too serious. "Oh don't touch this one, I don't play this one".

Has anyone bothered to write to Sony/Colombia about this scratching issue? I'm tempted...
Let's all send them a postcard without a stamp on