Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 30-08-2014, 16:44
Footprint of history

I've actually listened to Futurology at last!! its not bad, prefer it to RTF. Love 'Between the Clock and the Bed, sounds a bit like a Wet Wet Wet song.
Old 30-08-2014, 16:56
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlesue View Post
I've actually listened to Futurology at last!! its not bad, prefer it to RTF. Love 'Between the Clock and the Bed, sounds a bit like a Wet Wet Wet song.
Yay! I knew you'd think it wasn't bad!
Old 30-08-2014, 17:05
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlesue View Post
REJOICE!
Old 30-08-2014, 18:15
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallafield View Post
The band seem to fear playing unexpected songs. You can easily predict the sets these days, save for the odd curio: forever delayed in winter 2007, Born To End in summer 2007, Sorrow 16 on some of the JFPL dates, Ready For Drowning on the first RTF tour, Sleepflower on some PFAYM dates.

It's such a shame. They know that most fans know the big songs, and the steer the sets towards that. I think they fear the reaction of fans if they drop the 'big' songs, not knowing that most of us may not want to hear EMG or Tolerate, but would instead love to hear Removables or Nobody Loved You.
I don't want them to drop the hits, the crowd react well to them and the band feed off that. I'd really like to see them vary the sets though, with songs from any album. I'd happily hear a medley of SYYMM, Drug Drug Druggy and I Think I Found It over another airing of YLAINE or La Tristesse.
Old 30-08-2014, 18:37
Builder of routine

drug drug druggy? God even i'd want to get to the bar and i'm likely to be in the first couple of rows
Old 30-08-2014, 19:27
Knowlede Is Power

Personally i dont think autumnsong is played enough! They should open and close every gig with it!!

Ducks
Old 30-08-2014, 19:33
Footprint of history

I wish the would finish with Autumn Song as it would mean I would be able to get out and catch the last bus home!!
Old 30-08-2014, 20:31
Administrator

Walk Me to the bridge sounded better than any of the hits, which are sounding maybe a bit tired - some are so repetitive.
Old 31-08-2014, 18:34
Freed from the century

It would seem I'm in a minority when it comes to ambivalence towards Tolerate. Fair enough. Not in a minority when it comes to a desire to see more varied sets.
Old 31-08-2014, 20:37
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takk View Post
Walk Me to the bridge sounded better than any of the hits, which are sounding maybe a bit tired - some are so repetitive.
They genuinely seem to prefer playing newer songs these days. It's pretty much understandable. I think the excuse of 'Faster is so difficult to play live so we don't play it', for example, might not be entirely true. They might just be sick of some of them. I'm still surprised they've stuck with You Love Us for this long, frankly.
Old 31-08-2014, 21:14
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature's Discontent View Post
They genuinely seem to prefer playing newer songs these days. It's pretty much understandable. I think the excuse of 'Faster is so difficult to play live so we don't play it', for example, might not be entirely true. They might just be sick of some of them. I'm still surprised they've stuck with You Love Us for this long, frankly.
When I saw them you love us, revol and walk me to the bridge sounded full of enemy.

Whilst I love them, tsunami, everything must go, you stole the sun sound so repetitive...
Old 01-09-2014, 09:00
I live to fall asleep

YLU and Tsunami for me have been the ones that sounded great live recently, aside from the new songs, everything else sounds a tad stagnant

Twitter!

"To the hideousness of nineteenth-century industrialization is added the desolation of twentieth-century obsolescence. The Black Country looks like Ceaucescu's Romania with fast food outlets."
Theodore Dalrymple

Old 01-09-2014, 09:42
A self-made vacuum

Location: In a leather bound book of the worlds greatest secrets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takk View Post
It's the age old argument but I totally agree with you on this, its about time certain songs were dropped such as Tolerate, You Stole The Sun, Its Not War, etc.

I'd love to hear Black Square, SPLAM, live.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:01
Desire on its knees

would happily see You Stole The Sun and It's Not War dropped. can't imagine the latter will survive too much longer though?

would also love to see a return of Motown Junk / You Love Us as set closers, rather than the inevitable ADFL or Tolerate.
Old 01-09-2014, 19:54
I am purity, they call me perverted

"You Stole The Sun" is one of my least favourite MSP tracks. It just doesn't do it for me. Never has. When the band played in New Zealand last year they didn't play "Faster". Although we were all pleased that the band had made it down under at long last, I felt there was some disappointment that we didn't get "Faster" played.

Nabokov on Don Quixote