Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Live Forum

Old 27-09-2021, 14:46
Knowlede Is Power

01/10/21 - Victoria Hall, Stoke-on-Trent

Roll call!
Old 01-10-2021, 23:27
Knowlede Is Power

This was a really fantastic night. Quite a small, intimate venue (I was super up close to Nicky, which was fab). Sound was amazing, can't recommend Victoria Hall enough. Band on fantastic form, very active, seemed very happy. Pretty much the same set list I think. Stay Beautiful acoustic (James also played a verse of Donkeys, and a tiny, tiny bit of Die In The Summertime [actually no it wasn't, it was ifwhiteamerica, duh] while telling a story). He dedicated Stay Beautiful to Steve Brown, then played a bit of She Sells Sanctuary as an intro to Sweet Child o' Mine. Had a wonderful time.

Last edited by Marwood; 02-10-2021 at 04:14.
Old 01-10-2021, 23:28
Bored out of my mind

The first setlist I’ve nabbed in years, hurrah!

That’s what they actually played as well, plus one verse of acoustic Donkeys following a banner request on the front row and about 3 seconds of ifwhiteamerica (also acoustic). The latter was after James told an anecdote about how Dave Eringa was once in America and he came across a piano that was meant to be able to play any song. It didn’t know ADFL but weirdly it knew ifwhiteamerica

Ah I enjoyed tonight and it really feels like the band are enjoying being back too. You could see it on James’ face throughout and the way he bounded round the stage and I loved the moments of him standing on Sean’s drum platform with Nicky. The crowd were vocal as well, the best of the tour so far apparently (although I have high hopes for Manchester on a Saturday night).

Personally can’t say I’ve ever been that fussed about Spectators of Suicide, but at least it was something different to Newcastle. Sapporo is still my favourite of the new songs live.

Also just to be my former 16 year old self for a minute, my word James looks so flipping good at the moment. I swear he looks more buff with every gig I’m at

Now to get some sleep before we do it all again tomorrow (my poor feet).

Last edited by Abstract Unknown Girl; 06-10-2021 at 01:00.
Old 02-10-2021, 04:19
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract Unknown Girl View Post
Also just to be my former 16 year old self for a minute, my word James looks so flipping good at the moment. I swear he looks more buff with every gig I’m at
He bloody does though, doesn't he? He's in really good shape. Dunno if it was just the jeans but his legs were looking reeeeally good. Good stuff.