Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Live Forum

Old 08-10-2021, 10:17
I am purity, they call me perverted

I really enjoyed it. James seemed to be in quite a bullish mood where he was happy to mess about a bit.

2005 FD Manics Tribute Album (WIP!)
Yes - 4st7lbs - Revol - Found That Soul - This is Yesterday - Motorcycle Emptiness - She is Suffering - Faster
Old 08-10-2021, 10:28
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishima View Post
Enjoyed it immensely. Stay Beautiful was supposed to be the acoustic track according to the set list
Yes, I've noticed that James has gone against the set list quite often in the acoustic slot this tour. By the time they got to it, he was definitely planning to play Masses Against the Classes instead, but then got convinced to try La Tristesse Durera by the crowd.

EDIT: See video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpOm9RHB5rs
Old 08-10-2021, 14:41
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBazB View Post
Yes, I've noticed that James has gone against the set list quite often in the acoustic slot this tour. By the time they got to it, he was definitely planning to play Masses Against the Classes instead, but then got convinced to try La Tristesse Durera by the crowd.

Thanks for the video. James is the best!

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 08-10-2021, 16:04
Bored out of my mind

Really enjoyed last night, much more than York earlier this week, which felt a bit flat compared to the gigs last week. I think Stoke has been my favourite of the dates I've been at, but Leeds was still a good 'un and the crowd down the front were quite lively, especially towards the end.

The venue security were a bit OTT when we went in, though. Checking every single item and compartment of bags, needing to ask a medic whether my husband could bring in Ibuprofen for his broken arm (funnily enough, he could). Definitely the most thorough of the tour and almost on par with airport security! Don't remember it being like that at the Academy in the past, but it had been a while since I'd been there.

We were in the queue when they soundchecked and heard them play NSAF and Enola/Alone, so figured at least one of those would show up. Always love to hear No Surface, so I was pleased with that and La Tristesse (and I was glad they dropped Into the Waves of Love, as I'd grown bored of it tbh). James was happy to banter with the hecklers during the acoustic slot and even told them to calm down (in a jokey fashion) because they wouldn't shut up

That was my last gig until the acoustic gigs/Q&A in Kingston and then Wembley/Llandudno at the end of the year, but it's been so good to have them back again after two long years and the band have seemed pleased to be back too. My legs and back are happy to have a bit of a rest now though
Old 08-10-2021, 18:39
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBazB View Post

Is that your own video? If so I have a sneaking suspicion I was stood next to you throughout the gig! Apologies for the excessive arm waving during songs!
Old 08-10-2021, 19:12
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA ex View Post
Is that your own video? If so I have a sneaking suspicion I was stood next to you throughout the gig! Apologies for the excessive arm waving during songs!
No, it's not my video. I just found it on YouTube. I was sat up on the balcony right at the back.