Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 31-03-2021, 08:27
Bored of being bored

If the number of dots is a clue, the last two words could be Generation Terrorists! (If I've counted them correctly. It's surprisingly hard to count dots on a screen.)
Old 31-03-2021, 09:03
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby View Post
That’s a lot of expletives from Kieran Evans.

https://twitter.com/kierboyo/status/...280325121?s=21

And I can say with absolute confidence that the next Manics video is without doubt some attractive girl walking around some attractive countryside.

Sounds like there’s a good chance of it being released this year.
Old 31-03-2021, 09:50
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
I'm not sure what the delay was with RIF and Futurology having release dates changed.
If it happens again I'm at least in the right for a swear!
Old 31-03-2021, 13:59
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby View Post
That’s a lot of expletives from Kieran Evans.

https://twitter.com/kierboyo/status/...280325121?s=21

And I can say with absolute confidence that the next Manics video is without doubt some attractive girl walking around some attractive countryside.
Well if they've been in contact with Kieran, then hopefully they've got some KYE footage back?
Old 31-03-2021, 15:14
Desire on its knees

Where is the true gem of the modern age - nickys second album
Nothing is secure but life, transition, the energizing spirit. No love can be bound by oath or covenant to secure it against a higher love. No truth so sublime but it may be trivial tomorrow in the light of new thoughts. People wish to be settled; only as far as they are unsettled is there any hope for them.
Old 31-03-2021, 16:05
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
I'm not sure what the delay was with RIF and Futurology having release dates changed.
If it happens again I'm at least in the right for a swear!
Probably some bigger name releasing theirs the same week?
Old 01-04-2021, 08:23
An imitation of dignity

Unhappy

April Fools' Day over now.

Last edited by Comrade Mike; 02-04-2021 at 10:04. Reason: So no-one gets too excited about what could've been
Old 01-04-2021, 09:06
Builder of routine

Excellent. Will order 12 copies.
Old 08-04-2021, 05:01
I am purity, they call me perverted

As someone who spent a bit too much time chasing down jingle jangle dream-pop albums from Scandinavia during the mid to late 2000’s I have come to realise that I have a few gaps in my music collection of those albums that just about everyone has. Although I tolerated The Cure I have never been a big fan, but just recently it feels the right time to go and buy one or two of their albums. Thinking this would be easy it hasn’t. 15 years ago (would it really be that many years) CD shops were filled to overflowing with second hand CDs. It really did feel like the shops just couldn’t get rid of them and sold CDs for as cheap as $5NZD second hand. I don’t know where all those CDs have gone. Going online it seems harder and harder to find CDs. The Cure albums re-mastered seem to be on “back order” at those international mega stores. Maybe all those 50 year old senior lawyers who were original fans have either kept their CDs or threw them into a landfill years ago. Even the second-hand buy and sell website in New Zealand have few if any copies come up. There is new vinyl available but I refuse to pay as much as $85+ (NZD) for vinyl re-pressed release.

It was ok buying Manics material as they were most productive around the peak of CD sales. This all makes me wonder about the release of album number 14. How many actual worldwide physical copies of the album on CD are likely to be pressed? I thought 20,000 physical CDs in a standard format would be a reasonable number, but reviewing that it seems perhaps too high in today’s streaming world of content. Would 10,000 units or lower be more realistic?

Nabokov on Don Quixote
Old 08-04-2021, 09:44
I am purity, they call me perverted

At least 10,000 - first week sales for the past few have been a few thousand in the UK alone, and as CD continues to outsell both downloads and vinyl in pretty much all territories (despite what certain parts of the media might have you believe), I reckon the albums sell a good 5,000 before disappearing into the void that is recent back catalogue. Factor in dozens of other countries where it's available, and yeah, I think maybe 20,000 is closer to realistic than 10,000.
Old 16-04-2021, 14:23
Freed from the century

Studio update in the copy of Mojo that I got today. Not sure how to post a photo sorry but it's a one pager update from the studio with a picture of Nicky in a mask. Highlights being :

Song Titles mentioned : Orwellian, Happy Bored Alone, Diapause, Blank Diary Entry (duet with Mark Lanegan), Still Snowing in Sapporo (likely to be last album track). After Ending, Quest for Ancient Colour.

Sound : 80% written on piano, Orwellian is 80s Roxy music/echo & bunnymen/smiths .'most rehearsed we have ever been for an album', 'Clash playing Abba', 'subtle, restrained, tasteful'

Lyrical style : 'comforting melancholia' 'some of the best words I've ever written'

Currently being mixed, was mostly completed in a 2 week period. Due in September with title to be confirmed ('Intimism' has been toyed with apparently)
Old 16-04-2021, 14:38
Builder of routine

Two weeks! If there hadn't been a lockdown I would have worried about that.
September will be tomorrow before you know it. Rest of April and then another four months.
Thank you so much for the information, Glyn!
Old 16-04-2021, 15:35
Knowlede Is Power

“The Clash playing Abba”
Old 16-04-2021, 16:37
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Great news! Hopefully a winter tour to co-incide. I do have a soft track for their piano tracks particularly I live to fall asleep and golden platitudes so I have hopes for this one. Glad to see Nicky having found his confidence writing lyrics again, he seemed to have lost it during Resistance is Futile.

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 16-04-2021, 17:02
Bored of being bored

‘Comforting melancholia’ sounds like everything I want from the Manics right now. Excitement! Roll on September and maybe a Christmas tour like days of old!