Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 22-09-2014, 20:37
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillgrove View Post
I think they will announce the dates and ill miss out cos I don't get paid till end of month.x
One can always borrow
Old 23-09-2014, 09:53
I am purity, they call me perverted

JDB: "I’m still spooked about doing it, because… I know what it's like to try and sing 'Mausoleum', and it was hard when I was 24."

"I vividly remember how I felt when I was writing the music to it and when we toured it. And it was… I suppose it was a take-no-prisoners kind of vibe, we didn't care that everything was at stake, even our record contract… we just didn't care about anything. We just felt that it was really important just to be very myopic and single-minded about everything. I would say that I'm still essentially the same person, but it's hard to have that sense of myopia and indestructibility when you're 45. It does feed into how you play the songs. I've got to know that I can be as bloody-minded as I was. I know it sounds woefully pretentious… like some bullshit actor fishing for compliments from his agent - "I'm not sure if I can play Lear!" It does spook me out a bit, but I just really want to know that I can do it justice."

"I can reach the notes, there's no problem there. It's just doing it with conviction. Full-throttle. It's just the thing of… it's easier to sing 'Design For Life' than it is 'Mausoleum'. It's easier to sing 'Your Love Alone...' than it is 'Ifwhiteamerica...' because sometimes you're not taking a breath for nearly 25 seconds. I really wanna commit to that MO of singing it as it should be sung."

*sigh* Bradders comments here are basically EXACTLY what I was getting at with my points early in this thread. I'm that much of a tosser that I've purely come out of forum retirement to make that point. Smugly.

Anyway, I'm hugely excited that the bugger is taking the challenge on and I can't wait for the gigs now! The Roundhouse is a great venue and the JFPL gig I saw there was an all time great MSP show.

I just want to know what's in the new box set now!

*returns to FD retirement home*