Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 22-09-2009, 02:23
Walrus

how did you determine that? I can't find anything on the page that would indicate sales, and the tix are GA so there's no seats to indicate how it's selling.

I'll be at Chicago and Detroit...hope there's a good turnout.
Old 22-09-2009, 05:23
Bored of being bored

Okay, if you go to the ticketmaster listing for the Detroit show, it doesn't have a ticket limit, y'know?

Select 50 tickets, as it's the highest number you can select. It cannot sell you 50 tickets because there aren't enough "adjacent seats." General Admission just means all the seats are potentially adjacent, so this means there are less than 50 tickets available.

I kept going, and the highest number I could get was 20. 21 gives me the "not enough adjacent seats" page.

Eh, that's what I found.

So there you go.
Old 22-09-2009, 05:57
Walrus

interesting...I hope you're right.

Although having dealt with TM for many, many years, I imagine it's just some kind of numbering glitch. Like, even though the tickets are Gen Admission, the way they are numbered could tell the computer that there aren't more than 20 "adjacent seats" because of the way the 'seats' are numbered. (I.e. they're still given rows and seats on the printed ticket even though those numbers mean nothing in reality). Not arguing, just playing devil's advocate.

The place has a capacity of approx. 1,000 (I haven't been there since about 2000, so my memory is sketchy as to just how big/small it is). I would guess anything above 500 ppl is something to be happy about in a city like Detroit...we'll see.
Old 22-09-2009, 13:00
Under neon loneliness

Put your hands up, put your hands up, put your hands up, put your hands up for Detroit!
Old 22-09-2009, 20:08
Born to end

Anyone know how strict the venue is in regards to video taping?

Is anyone else taping the show?
Old 29-09-2009, 13:08
manicstreet

I am sure it is like any other venue. Handheld cameras are fine.

Cant wait till Friday! Hopefully there is a good turn out.
Old 29-09-2009, 17:52
Born to end

I am probably the only person here that wants a bad turnout.

Less people = even more intimate show!
Old 01-10-2009, 13:10
Winterlover

OK, who's up for texting/tweeting/twitpics? Anyone? Lament has already generously volunteered but I would love to have more than 1 person - it's way more fun when loads of ppl are sending loads of stuff (although the FD server doesn't appreciate it much, apparently! )
Old 02-10-2009, 19:56
Winterlover

Just heard from Shinysparkly. Team FD (Wire Division) is at the venue! 4 ahead of them in the queue. Team FD (Bradfield Division) - i.e. Lament - is still en route, as is Alive2000 I think.

Once again we'll be both reporting here & trying to catch misc. tweets on Twitter. Follow #Manics hashtag on Twitter.
Old 02-10-2009, 20:33
Winterlover

Can y'all see my posts? 'cause the date isn't updating for me - looks like my last post was yesterday but when I open the thread it's here...???

Anyway: Manics HAVE ARRIVED at venue and are soundchecking now. Consensus is just mic check so far - no songs. Shinysparkly et al. are outside the venue & we have 1 other correspondent inside the venue at the bar but none of them can hear anything except mic check. Will keep you posted until it's time for me to leave work in half an hour.
Old 02-10-2009, 20:57
I am purity, they call me perverted

I have to say, I am LOVIN' the posts in each of the venue threads as the gig occurs, regarding folks getting to the venue and spotting the band; hearing the soundcheck etc. It makes me nostalgic for the gigs I've been to and giggling with excitement for New York and Boston which I still have to look forward to.

Cheers for these posts
Manchester Nynex-May97; Manchester M.E.N-Dec98; Glastonbury-Jun99; Manic Millennium-Cardiff -99/2000; Manchester Apollo-Mar27 01; Manchester Apollo-Mar28 01; LLandudno Conf Ctr-Aug 01; Leeds Fest-Aug01; V2002 Staffs-Aug02; Manchester Move Fest-Jul03; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May09; Seattle Neumo's-Sept09; Vancouver Commodore-Sept09; New York Webster Hall-Oct09; Boston Paradise-Oct09; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May11; London O2 Arena-Dec11; London Brixton Academy-Apr11th 14; London Brixton Academy-Apr12th 14; Dublin Olympia-Dec14; New York Webster Hall-Apr15; Boston Sinclair-Apr15; Chicago Metro-Apr15; Los Angeles Fonda-May15; Liverpool Echo-May16; Birmingham Genting-May16; Llangollen Llanfest - July17; Birmingham Arena-April18; Manchester Arena-April18; Llandudno Venue Cymru-May18
Old 02-10-2009, 21:37
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernica View Post
Can y'all see my posts? 'cause the date isn't updating for me - looks like my last post was yesterday but when I open the thread it's here...???

Anyway: Manics HAVE ARRIVED at venue and are soundchecking now. Consensus is just mic check so far - no songs. Shinysparkly et al. are outside the venue & we have 1 other correspondent inside the venue at the bar but none of them can hear anything except mic check. Will keep you posted until it's time for me to leave work in half an hour.
I'd almost bet some money that all_feeling (the starter of this post and dear friend of mine) was one of the others already in line for this show, along with her lovely cousin. I can't wait to get all the details, photos, set lists, etc. for the night! I'm loving that as well, although (and I mean ABSOLUTELY NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE), I wouldn't be caught dead messing with texting, using my phone, etc. during a show... I'm glad other people are doing it to keep us updated, but then I'm a hypocrite, because when I'm at a show, I hate to see people doing that through the show!

At any rate, cheers to Gabi and Kelly if they are there already! I wish I were with them in that queue!
Old 02-10-2009, 22:42
Winterlover

Manics are done w/ soundcheck, boarded a courtesy shuttle and have gone back to hotel.
Old 02-10-2009, 22:44
Winterlover

I'm out and about, but I'll be checking as per usual. .
Hope everyone has a blast at the show and good luck reporting Liz and Velourian. I seriously have no idea how you keep up with those tweets!

Btw, what time are doors tonight? Anyone know?
Old 02-10-2009, 22:59
Winterlover

Not sure. I'll ask.

Lament is on his way to venue from Ann Arbor, not sure what time he'll get there but he will NOT miss Manics. (Probably won't miss Bear Hands, either, which is less of a win! My advice: BAR!)